The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Ended the script and started living

Ivan2BAlive

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 24, 2017
Louisville, KY
I guess it's only fair that I've been on this forum for a month or two that I would now give an introduction of myself.

I am a 47 year old male married to my wife for 13 years and 2 girls (6 and 11). During my whole life I believed that if you study hard, get good grades, go to college and get a career that things will work out. Well, this is coming from a place where I was an only child with no father and living in poverty with a semi-abusive mother. I didn't have an clue on how life worked so I played it by ear, received many college loans ($25k now worth $36, Ill explain later) and graduated with an Arts & Science degree. I thought any degree would get me to where I want to go, but it only got me to being a paint professional at Lowe's in Columbus, OH making only $9.50 an hour; for starters. I have then learned that I was diagnosed with depression in 97' and found faith in 99' (Christian, non-denomination) I met my wife and married in 03' and we had two franchises (cleaning company & a personnel staffing firm). We lost them both in the 08' recession along with two houses and repossessed my car.

We started anew in Florida beginning in 2009 where we lived in a house and then had to move into a hotel because the roommate/landlord decided to raise our rent that we couldn't afford. Well this ended up in living in a hotel for quite some time until I found a job making $9.25 hr. at a thrift store in 2009. I tried to pursue a degree in IT and I'm really good at it, but there were so many road blocks. I lost my job in Sept. 2014 and found another job working at a timeshare resort in Oct. 2014 (this is where I am presently). The pay wasn't enough ($9.25hr.) so I had to get another job at a grocery store ($9.00 hr.) to support my already financially stressed family.

Ever since then my college loans are deferred and I can't seem to get ahead of life until I read the book "The Millionaire Fastlane " Everything you said was right on the money how I felt about franchising, the slow lane, late-night guru's and life itself. Not only did this book give me a different outlook on life, finances and wealth, but it also gave me a hard look at myself on how success works. We now have a plan on having an internet business (I call ourselves internet entrepreneurs) and on the way to financial wealth not only for us, but hopefully to help others as well in our church and community. Not only that but I feel as if my depression has lifted off of me because now I have a goal I can call my own.

I give thanks to "The Fast Lane". I will definitely recommend this to anyone struggling in life as I was.

I hope you enjoyed reading this and thanks for your time. :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

TrueCreator97

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
131%
Dec 16, 2016
I guess it's only fair that I've been on this forum for a month or two that I would now give an introduction of myself.

I am a 47 year old male married to my wife for 13 years and 2 girls (6 and 11). During my whole life I believed that if you study hard, get good grades, go to college and get a career that things will work out. Well, this is coming from a place where I was an only child with no father and living in poverty with a semi-abusive mother. I didn't have an clue on how life worked so I played it by ear, received many college loans ($25k now worth $36, Ill explain later) and graduated with an Arts & Science degree. I thought any degree would get me to where I want to go, but it only got me to being a paint professional at Lowe's in Columbus, OH making only $9.50 an hour; for starters. I have then learned that I was diagnosed with depression in 97' and found faith in 99' (Christian, non-denomination) I met my wife and married in 03' and we had two franchises (cleaning company & a personnel staffing firm). We lost them both in the 08' recession along with two houses and repossessed my car.

We started anew in Florida beginning in 2009 where we lived in a house and then had to move into a hotel because the roommate/landlord decided to raise our rent that we couldn't afford. Well this ended up in living in a hotel for quite some time until I found a job making $9.25 hr. at a thrift store in 2009. I tried to pursue a degree in IT and I'm really good at it, but there were so many road blocks. I lost my job in Sept. 2014 and found another job working at a timeshare resort in Oct. 2014 (this is where I am presently). The pay wasn't enough ($9.25hr.) so I had to get another job at a grocery store ($9.00 hr.) to support my already financially stressed family.

Ever since then my college loans are deferred and I can't seem to get ahead of life until I read the book "The Millionaire Fastlane " Everything you said was right on the money how I felt about franchising, the slow lane, late-night guru's and life itself. Not only did this book give me a different outlook on life, finances and wealth, but it also gave me a hard look at myself on how success works. We now have a plan on having an internet business (I call ourselves internet entrepreneurs) and on the way to financial wealth not only for us, but hopefully to help others as well in our church and community. Not only that but I feel as if my depression has lifted off of me because now I have a goal I can call my own.

I give thanks to "The Fast Lane". I will definitely recommend this to anyone struggling in life as I was.

Welcome to the forum! Everyone has to find these truths at some point in their life. Looking forward to seeing your entrepreneurial progress and engaging in CONSTRUCTIVE dialogue that helps you find solutions to your personal and business solutions instead of throwing out cheap one-liners that don't benefit anybody as some would choose to do.

Ivan2BAlive

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 24, 2017
Louisville, KY
Welcome to the forum! Everyone has to find these truths at some point in their life. Looking forward to seeing your entrepreneurial progress and engaging in CONSTRUCTIVE dialogue that helps you find solutions to your personal and business solutions instead of throwing out cheap one-liners that don't benefit anybody as some would choose to do.

Thanks TrueCreator97.

TrueCreator97

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
131%
Dec 16, 2016
meant "personal and business problems*"

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego

Tanisha

Bronze Contributor
Jun 16, 2017
sacramento

i dont think you were complaining i just think you was giving your side of the story and its a really relatable one, so glad your part of the family

Tanisha

Bronze Contributor
Jun 16, 2017
sacramento

i dont think you were complaining i just think you was giving your side of the story and its a really relatable one, so glad your part of the family

Amon

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
274%
Jun 29, 2016
Cleveland, OH
You seem to complain a lot.
I'm less focused on the amount of complaining & see this as so much more.

The bigger lesson here is time.

So many are taking advantage of this new world we are in - whether they are 18, or 35 or 47 or 62 - it is imperative to understand that singular idea.

Instead of sitting at the timeshare resort or the grocery store for the next 10 years you need to GO and do your thing.

You have time.

Ivan2BAlive

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 24, 2017
Louisville, KY

Yes, I was just giving my side of the story, that's all. Thanks for recognizing that :).

Ivan2BAlive

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 24, 2017
Louisville, KY
Enough atta boys, what will you complete this week to make things better for you and your family?

Hello ZCP,

I had a game-plan 4 months ago, and it's working. This week, as a matter of fact, today I'm giving resignation to one of my slow-lane jobs to work more on the business. One down and one to go baby!!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...