The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Elon Musk acquires Twitter, Discuss

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
689%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Im sure it is a good feeling for the people who actually care about building something great...

Screenshot 2022-11-21 at 07.34.16.png

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Im sure it is a good feeling for the people who actually care about building something great...

View attachment 46016

When are people going to realize that Twitter was actually a SuperPac that employed thousands of people to do nothing but be activists? Thousands of people making six figures yearly to do nothing but drink lattes, take naps, and ban people they don't agree with.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
689%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
When are people going to realize that Twitter was actually a SuperPac that employed thousands of people to do nothing but be activists? Thousands of people making six figures yearly to do nothing but drink lattes, take naps, and ban people they don't agree with.

100% agree. So wild how this was run.

It has come out that the new team have in a few days removed known hashtags used to sell kid P**n that the older content management team never got around to for years. Makes you wonder what was really going on there.

doster.zach

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
197%
Oct 14, 2021
Missouri

View attachment 46016

Its pretty obvious to see what is what with Twitter. If the company actually wanted to coast as a platform they maybe need 500 people?

But no rocket man bad and he will make us listen to things that we don't wanna here.

wade1mil

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Jun 29, 2011
When are people going to realize that Twitter was actually a SuperPac that employed thousands of people to do nothing but be activists?
As soon as it's profitable for the overlords to allow the MSM to share it.

msufan

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Mar 13, 2013

View attachment 46016
Unfortunately it looks like this was fake as well from a self-proclaimed "occasional comedian."

G

Guest-5ty5s4

100% agree. So wild how this was run.

It has come out that the new team have in a few days removed known hashtags used to sell kid P**n that the older content management team never got around to for years. Makes you wonder what was really going on there.
Well it certainly shows you where the priority was with the previous management of Twitter.

Things are looking up.

But, like MJ's post about Mastodon, it's just a matter of time until a brand new social network emerges and just POOF! - magically succeeds and gains network effect and traction with basically zero effort.

A unicorn to end all unicorns... Hmm.

We will see.

I believe Elon Musk is really experimenting with the fabric of society, to see what is real and what is fake. Even as a billionaire, he surely has his own questions about how this all fits together on a governmental level.

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
Interviewer: So what were your job responsibilities working at twitter?

Pre-Musk: Oh you know! I just sat at my desk, watched all the tweets, marked ones that were unnecessary, and take naps in the afternoon.

Interviewer: *Stares at the intervewee Weird*

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
221%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
I used to think twitter was absolutely insane, and quite frightening the ego people have to post the crap they do.

Now I am finding out more and more about things happening in the world, and people using hashtags to describe what is happening. Like a flood or a disease outbreak or a cultural movement somewhere in the world. The locals will post about it, and the data can be kind of analysed through hashtags to draw trends. I am finding out that a lot of these historical things were simply deleted because they went against the narrative. I hope that going forward this doesn't happen, and historical twitter can kind of be like a time capsule for things happening on the ground floor that researchers can go back to and analyze.

What do they say, hindsight is 20/20, so once we have the facts after events go down, we can go back and see how it played in real time. Prior to 2022 much of what played out was just hidden or deleted.

I still think twitter is mostly insane, but think about how cool those trends and first hand accounts are going to be in 50 years, 100 years, 200 years! I for one absolutely love reading historical biographies. The future will have access to that sort of thing on absolutely unimaginable scale.

Esquire

Divorce Shark
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
244%
Oct 13, 2012
Connecticut
Never advertised on Twitter. Can't help but wonder however: with all of these major advertisers pulling their ads of late are the PPC ad rates dropping at Twitter?

To those of you who advertise on the platform: Any observations?

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

doster.zach

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
197%
Oct 14, 2021
Missouri
I thought Musk would turn Twitter around but this is causing all kinds of people to be suspended. Seems very boneheaded and kneejerk. PD has mastodon in his profile.

View: https://twitter.com/TwitterSupport/status/1604531265419591681?s=20&t=PNEM5wpHEHcPpe_9pEyaCg

Paul Graham of YCombinator was one, for example.
It’s hard to draw the line, I don’t agree with this but if this is the public forum that Musk says it is the. It should happen? But they are still held accountable for other things private companies are held accountable for.

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
Remember when y'all laughed at me when I said after one week of him owning it, that he would either step down and/or sell it because he was running it into the ground?

Remember that?

Lolz, as a great man once said, "listen to Daddy"

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
Surely I think massive retrenchment and aggressive cost cutting is the right way to go.

Too many CEO just want to play nice and turn a blind eye to shareholder value erosion.

wade1mil

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Jun 29, 2011
Remember when y'all laughed at me when I said after one week of him owning it, that he would either step down and/or sell it because he was running it into the ground?

Remember that?

Lolz, as a great man once said, "listen to Daddy"
He's not running it into the ground. He bought a company already ran into the ground. He makes some public decisions that people didn't like. That's business. Elon will absolutely turn Twitter into a winner.

msufan

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Mar 13, 2013
I was told Twitter would break by now. It's almost like the media was wrong or something.

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
He's not running it into the ground. He bought a company already ran into the ground. He makes some public decisions that people didn't like. That's business. Elon will absolutely turn Twitter into a winner.

$44 billion for a company already run into the ground?

The guy obviously deserves his "genius businessman" moniker.

wade1mil

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Jun 29, 2011

He definitely does deserve it.

He offered to buy Twitter for $44B, a price that Twitter shareholders thought was too low. During his due diligence, he found out bots/spam made up of more than 5% of the traffic, amongst other things, and tried backing out of the deal because it wasn't worth that price. Twitter sued Elon and won, and the court forced Elon to buy it for $44B. He admits it's worth a quarter of what he paid. So, yes he paid $44B for a business already ran into the ground, and yes, he's a genius businessman. He'll end up with a company worth many times what he paid for it.

MattR82

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane

It always amuses me to hear people insinuate Elon Musk is terrible at business.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
287%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
He definitely does deserve it.

He offered to buy Twitter for $44B, a price that Twitter shareholders thought was too low. During his due diligence, he found out bots/spam made up of more than 5% of the traffic, amongst other things, and tried backing out of the deal because it wasn't worth that price. Twitter sued Elon and won, and the court forced Elon to buy it for $44B. He admits it's worth a quarter of what he paid. So, yes he paid $44B for a business already ran into the ground, and yes, he's a genius businessman. He'll end up with a company worth many times what he paid for it.
Well exactly that's genius, publicly announcing he's going to buy a company before doing his due diligence, so that he was locked into the deal regardless of what he found out.

Man if I had that kind of erm, genius, and multimillionaire parents, I'd be a billionaire as well.

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
1681514274982.png
Well looks like if you use Twitter to login to the forum, you can not longer do so.

Elon Musk has made some boneheaded decisions in the last several weeks.

msufan

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Mar 13, 2013
View attachment 48325
Well looks like if you use Twitter to login to the forum, you can not longer do so.

Elon Musk has made some boneheaded decisions in the last several weeks.
So you would have to pay to allow that feature to work again? (I don't log in through Twitter, am just curious)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.