The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Educating Customers How to Reduce Service Costs

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

ExCubeCommando

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Oct 10, 2015
Evans, Colorado
In my business, customers will often question the high cost of repairs. Here's a short video I've made in an attempt to educate my customers, dentists, how to cut their costs on handpiece repairs. Your feedback requested unless you're not interested in watching a somewhat technical video.

WARNING...NO professional acting, so please don't beat me up too badly if offering feedback!

Anyway, when I went into one office to drop off my flyer, the doctor was there and was asking questions. He said something like "how would I know you wouldn't replace parts, but charge me a high fee as if you did?". That's what prompted me to make this video.

Besides, on these tools, the parts are OEM, intricately engineered, and expensive. I don't make much profit when I have to replace lots of high dollar parts.

I basically told the guy I wouldn't last long in this business if I tried to pull something like that, and told him how would I know someone gave me a repair item they already knew about just to test me? That could very well come back to bite me right in the butt.

I told him I wanted to build my business on trust and providing value. The point of this post is to show any of you who are involved in repairing equipment, that I've found explaining the problem and showing customers the parts I've replaced, does a lot toward providing a feeling of goodwill (and repeat business).

Even if they just tell me "I don't care what you did, as long as it works", I still want to make an effort to explain to them what I did to give them a fair and honest deal on my service.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.