The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Ecommerce - Finding high quality traffic

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
If you're getting traffic to your site and it's not converting, it's your website/product/offer.

More specifically, it's the lack of fit.

He could be running super broad for all we know and that doesn't work for most offers.

---

If you're having trouble getting good traffic from FB/IG, here's some quick tips that should bring you in the right direction.

1. Figure out who your biggest (by size) competitors are. Note them down. Come up with 10; if you can't, come up with as many as possible.
  2. Figure out who your biggest compliments (brands bought alongside products sold by competitors) are. Note those, too. Same thing: come up with 10.
  3. Go into Audience Insights and type those names in. Note the following: pages liked, pages liked by affinity, gender split, age split, and largest cities. You might not find patterns in all of these.
  4. If you find similarities in pages liked, take a look at those pages in Audience Insights, too. (especially by affinity; you're more likely to find better pages for interest targeting that way)
  5. Based on the information you've gleaned here, set up 3-5 different audiences that share important things in common. Aim for audiences with little overlap between them. Don't worry about audience size unless it's under 100k.
  6. Set up your ads. Focus on FB/IG feeds when starting out.
  7. Optimize for purchases. I don't care if your pixel is brand spanking new: do it anyway. This way, Facebook is helping you find the people who are most likely to be avid shoppers (most general) and/or most like to buy (most specific).
The above protocol will more or less guarantee that you get good, relevant traffic. What it won't guarantee is that there's any sort of product-market fit! That's what you're trying to find out here.

Ad testing is another animal but if you have a simple ad that clearly states the offer and why people should care, you should get some sort of an understanding of how people are receiving your offer.

Zooman009

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Jul 29, 2020
Utah, USA
I recently decided on a certain style of clothing that I wanted to sell. I'm extremely fond of it and I've shown it to many people who say that they love the design and would want to get it.

The problem is that when I try to run paid ads, I get no conversions.

I have no clue if it's my website or my ads, but I know that there's something wrong since my designs are good enough that I'm now working with a major ski company to possibly roll out new merchandise.

So how can you find high quality traffic?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Envious

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Sep 26, 2017
London
I recently decided on a certain style of clothing that I wanted to sell. I'm extremely fond of it and I've shown it to many people who say that they love the design and would want to get it.

The problem is that when I try to run paid ads, I get no conversions.

I have no clue if it's my website or my ads, but I know that there's something wrong since my designs are good enough that I'm now working with a major ski company to possibly roll out new merchandise.

So how can you find high quality traffic?

If you're getting traffic to your site and it's not converting, it's your website/product/offer.

If you're running ads and no one is clicking to your site, it's your offer / ad targeting / ad copy etc.

Which scenario is more true for you?

MoreVolume

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Oct 6, 2016
NC
It’s all about where you advertise. The fact that a 4% conversion rate is such an impressive number let’s you know that most traffic is worthless. People are going to check out any product that gets advertised
Find a place that’s more likely to have people who need your product

this is why hashtags are so useful (on IG and Twitter). You can target people who may be interested in making a purchase

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.