The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Ecom Youtube Challenge - Building a channel with 120 videos in 120 days

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Yeah, the daily videos were great for the first 4 months to kickstart the channel and algorithm but it's really not sustainable when you're growing a services business.

I've just been releasing 1 video a week so it doesn't take too much time but maintains the traffic.

Honestly, the Youtube channel has exploded my business. Best thing I ever did. Of course, it was a huge investment for a long period, but it is still paying for itself every single month with new clients coming in.
Good for you Sam. Love how you’ve built this asset that’s generating new business for you.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Tiago

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
162%
Mar 22, 2014
Dude @Phikey, NO WAY, you're here in Floripa???

Man if you're still here, DM me. It's my backyard, I'll show you some cool spots around the island :)

Edit: Been listening to your set. Sick drop at 27:12. Reminds me a lot of Cercle style videos.

If you're here, have you ever been to Warung in Praia Brava? Raving to Solomun while having the sun rise in front of you in the ocean is one of my best memories there :)

Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Hey guys, it's been a while since I updated so here it is. There's a lot to catch up on so I'll keep it quick.

Summary:
Using my channel I generated $1.36 million in sales with a net margin of 20-30%, and fully automated my business so I could focus on my dream passion: making music.

Since starting the channel, it's generated the business $1.36 million in sales with a healthy margin. That was 2.7 years ago. For perspective, in the 12 months before the channel launched we were making $150k-$160k per year in sales. Overall I'd say it's been a success!

Freedom Gained
As I grew the Youtube channel, our client base grew, the team grew, and I slowly handed over all my responsibilities until I was out of the business. Currently it's 100% automated. I have an experienced and intelligent CEO at the helm running the show.

It's not making yacht money but for me my dream has always been to build my business to the point where it no longer needs me and allows me to spend my entire day doing what I love: working with music.

I get a very respectable income from my business, but more importantly, I get all my time. I'm not required in the business at all. My CEO sends me a weekly report with revenue, profits, new clients closed, and a few other important metrics so I know things are going smoothly. Apart from that, he has responsibility for growth and profits.

Transitioning from a personal brand
You might ask, "You built your channel around your personal brand, how is that sustainable?"
While our channel gets a lot of our leads, we've been consistently putting out quality blog posts that are getting us almost the same amount of traffic as our channel. Our team are also training to be on the Youtube channel themselves. We'll rename the channel to KeyCommerce (agency name) rather than Mr Sam Baldwin. We also source leads from other mediums too.

What work do I still do for the channel and business?
Nothing. Seriously. I've been out of my business since April. I still own it, but my team are running the shop.

Who's running the show?
I promoted from within. My CEO has decades of experience in agencies and digital marketing and has been running the company since I left in April 2022 (10 months). He's doing a fantastic job leading it.

What are you doing now?
I'm building a new business and Youtube channel called Phikey. With this channel, I'm travelling the world, creating DJ mixes in beautiful locations. I play melodic and progressive house music, creating 60 minute sets with sunsets/sunrises, drone shots, and good vibes. I'm also producing my own tracks (still learning and getting better). My vision is to build up my fanbase, add my own tracks to my sets (for distribution) and monetise the channel through ad revenue, affiliate links, merchandise, patreon, and later performance tickets. It might not make me a millionaire but it's what I love doing.

If you like electronic music, you might like my sets. They're perfect for house parties, studying or working when you want something to listen to. Artists such as Lane 8, Rufus Du Sol, Ben Bohmer, Tinlicker, Marsh, Luttrell, Cristoph, etc.

You can see my latest set here:

Also happy to verify my sales to an admin if required, just let me know.

If you guys have any questions about the business or my journey, let me know and I'll help you out.

Congrats!

Blackman

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
131%
Dec 28, 2018
London, UK
@Phikey

Glad to see you're doing well. I've watched tons of your Google Ads videos when I was setting up my e-commerce store and they're pure gold, as they're tailored specifically for e-commerce.

I think I need to re-read this thread again and check out your channel, as I've probably missed a lot!

G

Guest931Xfjyx

Hey guys, it's been a while since I updated so here it is. There's a lot to catch up on so I'll keep it quick.

Summary:
Using my channel I generated $1.36 million in sales with a net margin of 20-30%, and fully automated my business so I could focus on my dream passion: making music.

Since starting the channel, it's generated the business $1.36 million in sales with a healthy margin. That was 2.7 years ago. For perspective, in the 12 months before the channel launched we were making $150k-$160k per year in sales. Overall I'd say it's been a success!

Freedom Gained
As I grew the Youtube channel, our client base grew, the team grew, and I slowly handed over all my responsibilities until I was out of the business. Currently it's 100% automated. I have an experienced and intelligent CEO at the helm running the show.

It's not making yacht money but for me my dream has always been to build my business to the point where it no longer needs me and allows me to spend my entire day doing what I love: working with music.

This is beyond inspiring. Congratulations to your success! I never would have imagined 30k subscribers could have turned into $1.36 million in sales.

I've considered making a Youtube channel in the past and this gives me all the more reason to.

MartinG

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
Aug 22, 2015
Incredible story. Combining the power of content to

1. Scale your business
2. Start a passion project

What an incredible time we live in where you can easily grow a business if you are able to build and capture attention over time.

Evan G

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
172%
May 24, 2020
Arkansas
Ok I've been planning this challenge for the last 3 weeks and I'm finally doing it. @Fox pointed me in the right direction with a course on Youtube SEO and now I'm taking the dive.

Here's a summary of it before I get into the details:
  • Post a piece of content every single day for 120 days (in my case a Youtube video)
  • Help as many people as much as possible and don't hold back on the value
  • Answer every single comment/question
  • Systemize this as much as possible so my team take care of everything and I just need to finish the scripts and hit record on my camera
What is this?

It's a content creation challenge for myself where I am making 120 videos in 120 days that provide insane value to my audience. I'm not pitching some $3997 course with an automated webinar funnel, this is real value and people can take it and go execute everything with all the learnings I provide.

Why am I doing this?

To challenge my self-limiting beliefs and to build a personal brand with longevity.

I have never been a content creator. I've always had this self-limiting belief that I'm the guy behind the scenes that helps other people become successful and I just collect the income while I do this. I don't write blogs. I don't make videos. I always thought it would take too much time and I'm better off chasing short-term deals than investing in something that might pay off in 6-12+ months.
I also never wanted to be associated with the shady people in my niche. There's a lot of fake gurus showing off lambos, fat stacks and convincing poor sheep to spend $2k on terrible courses filled with hot air. Many doctor their screenshots and convince young-hopefuls to part with large sums of cash in the hopes of achieving the same results in unreasonable spaces of time.
People are now waking up to the Fake Gurus and are looking for some answers. They're looking for real advice that actually helps. I'm going to give the people what they want and I'm not going to charge a cent for it.

What are the videos about?

Ecommerce marketing with everything you need to build your store. Just value, value, value. Content that people pay hundreds or thousands of dollars for but I'm giving it away all for free. Want to know how to set up all your email marketing flows in Klaviyo? I'll have my youtube playlist with the strategy, templates and a walkthrough of exactly how to set them up. Want to know how to set up profitable and scalable Google Shopping campaigns? It's all right there, in the Google Shopping playlist on my channel.

Why would I do this for free and not sell a course?

The more people I help, the more potential people that need my main business.
I'm helping beginners grow into competent Ecom store owners. If I'm the guy that's provided an insane level of value while they were learning the ropes then who's going to stand out when they need to free up their time and hand off their media buying in 1-3 years?
So, it's not 100% selfless here. Nothing is. But I have a different angle to many of the fake gurus because I'm not trying to make cash from courses on the front-end. It's a long-term game for me to build a brand that helps people so much that they'll come back (or tell people about my stuff) when they actually need my help. We love @Andy Black here in the FTF. He provides insane value and when those people have a friend that needs help on their Adwords, who do they recommend? Andy has put in the hard work, provided value and people trust him for that. I'm sure he enjoys it too, which is something I'm starting to do with this channel!

What authority do I have to teach this stuff?

I've grown several 7 figure stores. I helped my first client get their store online back in 2013. I used to manage some local markets in Sydney, Australia and I got tight with the store-holders. I learned their fears, frustrations, needs and wants. I helped my first store-holder get their clothing store online (onto Woocommerce) and designed and built everything myself (even borrowed my friends camera and took all the product photos!). Since then, I've been helping more business owners with their digital marketing and it's only in the last 3 years that I've honed in on Ecommerce and building a team that's really good at helping them scale. We've helped several stores scale to mid to high 7 figures with our marketing work and recently purchased and started growing our own store. I'm documenting the whole process on my channel as well. I was going to just document it here in the INSIDERS section but after thinking about this challenge I want to add it in here and provide the strategy to people watching my channel.

Why 120 days?

Doing it daily because I'll learn fast and fail faster. My first videos are going to suck. I'm still working out the camera, lighting, audio setup. As well as getting the script and editing process perfected. I think the first 30-100 videos are going to suck bad and I'd rather learn quickly at the start and get comfortable in front of the camera.
I've also been studying other channels and it looks like that right around the 100 video mark, channels really start to get some traction with Youtube's algorithm. That is, with my educational niche and targeting longer-tail keywords. Some channels can do well with a few videos but often they're focused on entertainment with higher production value. Miles Beckler (another Youtuber) started the same challenge a few years ago and he reported his results every month.

As part of my research, I graphed out his performance compared to the number of videos he made. Check out these graphs:
View attachment 33288
While he was posting daily and regularly for the first 120 days, his subscribers (and views were similar) shot off after 4-5 months. They increased exponentially regardless of his video output. He actually slowed down his video making output after the first 4 months and has seen an exponential increase in subscribers since. Now sitting at 134k subscribers. This guy is living proof. He's talked about this challenge a lot and inspired others to do the same.

Won't this take a lot of time?

Yep, but time is something I have in plentiful supply right now. My agency business is largely systemised and my team do everything. I just check in once per day. My ecom store is managed by my team so I'm just checking in on it daily. I'm also in lock down so otherwise I'm just twiddling my thumbs. Why not make the most of these months and build a foundation that could last for years?

My first video?

Here it is

I'll be updating my progress here regularly as I execute. If you have any questions or advice, please have at it!

Sounds interesting and I wish you luck!

I'll watch the first video and follow along.

Phikey

Fortune favours the bold.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Nov 7, 2017
Sydney Australia
Thanks @Andy Black !! I really appreciate all that feedback.

You talk a bit fast maybe? Like you're trying to fit it all into as short amount of time as possible. Or is that your natural speed?
Yes, I was thinking that when rewatching my footage and I'm glad someone else thinks so too. I need to slow down and stop trying to squeeze so much info into such a short space. I'm conscious of having really long videos but I think I just need to choose my words and make it so people can follow.

Also, maybe lose the swish sounds in all the jumpcuts at the start? Jumpcuts are fine without.
I was also thinking the same when watching it after publishing. It seemed fine during editing but once the video was live I realised how annoying and distracting this is.

Nice end-screen template. That's smart having areas to put the subscribe and next videos. I'm guessing you don't have next videos setup yet and that's why the blank parts below?
Yep! I'll be able to update them as soon as the next videos are up.

I like that you're planning to post daily. If your channel is more focused then mine then you'll tell the YouTube algorithm that it's all about XYZ and it will help ranking.
Yep, that's the plan. Really dialling in the content to a clear target audience to try to play to Youtube's algorithm. I have some good processes and batching set up so that making videos is very straightforward (VA does research, I write the script and film, editor edits it together, VA publishes). My big focus going to be on consistency. Getting this uploaded every single day and sticking to it for 120 days (at least).

Thanks for the feedback mate!! Much appreciated!

fastlanedoll

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Aug 21, 2019
I'm starting a YouTube channel soon, but think 120 videos in 120 days would be a bit much for me I still have a fulltime job :p

But let's help each other out & give each other feedback.

Phikey

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Nov 7, 2017
Sydney Australia
Good work. I watched this one but not the longer ones. Is 5 mins a good duration for them?
I'm testing out different lengths. For these ecom marketing videos, a lot of videos by others are getting a lot of traction when they are 1+ hours long. I think if I'm providing value throughout then people will stay on for the long haul - especially if it's a very targeted video towards a specific problem that the person searched for on Youtube rather than just stumbling upon it via the suggestions in the sidebar. I'll see how they go!

Phikey

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Nov 7, 2017
Sydney Australia
It's a huge thorn in WooComm users, and results are limited. Feel free to DM me and I can share more details as long as it's kept under wraps.
Thanks @ApparentHorizon , just sent you a DM. Looking forward to learning more about this problem and how I can get to the bottom of it for you and other ecom store owners.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Thanks Andy! I think I'm getting better at speaking right at the camera which is good. I can see a clear difference in the videos from the first ones to the once I filmed this week (I've filmed 45 videos now and they're in the editing/schedule phase so that I'm well ahead with the challenge and I am just putting out videos one per day).
Yep, noted on the swish noises, I'll fix them up for future videos.

Man, so glad I posted this thread. I'm getting really quick feedback on my 'product' that would have taken months if I waited for people to comment within Youtube.
That's the beauty of churning out quantity. You get into a rhythm and you're quality increases quickly. It reminds me of that story of how the pottery students tasked with make as many pots as possible created better pots than the students tasked with making the best pot possible.

Saying that, Valier's thread is interesting too where he is going for quality over quantity:

Phikey

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Nov 7, 2017
Sydney Australia
bro the "yeh yeh oh yeah" is getting on my nerves ahahahha.

Nice video, short and direct to the point.
haha yes, getting some consistent feedback on that one. I had my editor fix that up last night and all future videos will have the bumper video updated. It's way cleaner now and I think it will be way better. It might not show up for a few vids because we're a bit ahead so I'm getting the editors to go and adjust it for their vids they've already edited and we've approved.

Phikey

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Nov 7, 2017
Sydney Australia
Day 10, video 10 !

Most of my videos so far have been quite technically focused on specific problems. I'm now also working on videos that are broader for Ecommerce that will help a lot of people with problems they are not specifically searching for.
These technical videos will be great for getting traffic to my channel from people searching for specific problems, but to build up my brand and audience I want to provide a lot of value on top of that.

E.g.
  • A full in-depth video on setting up Google Shopping Ads (basically a full course in 1 video right there on Youtube)
  • A full in-depth video on setting up all the ecommerce email marketing flows
  • Videos on mindset, hiring VAs, operations, fulfillment, etc

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
What's worked so far with your videos @Andy Black ? Do you have any data on those with bigger writing/no face?
I just use YouTube to host videos I embed in posts in the forum. I mostly don't even write a description.

I'm incredibly hesitant to push ads straight to the videos. I did a lot of research into this and the risk is much higher than the potential reward (in my opinion). What's the risk? Well, Youtube really really values the engagement stats on your videos. Stuff like the average view duration, whether they subscribe after watching, session time, if they click to other videos on your channel afterwards. So if you push paid traffic to your videos then you could potentially tank these stats big time. You'll get a lot of views but if those people don't stick around then Youtube gets data saying that your content isn't valuable.

I'd like to run ads to videos I post in my Andy Black channel. I'd figure out where people drop off and keep amending the video till I've dialled it in, then I'd upload the optimised video it to a completely separate channel. I'm not trying to rank for anything on the Andy Black channel.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Did you say you'd got some clients already out of doing this?

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I put a play-now button in some of my thumbnails.

Here's a mess about channel I created. I'll go back to adding videos to that sometime:

Attachments

• 1592431437964.png
    1592431437964.png
    273.9 KB · Views: 3

Phikey

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Nov 7, 2017
Sydney Australia
Did you say you'd got some clients already out of doing this?
I’ve had 4 leads so far but they’re either not qualified, not ready or not a good fit. It’s still early days but the fact that people are already reaching out to me when I’m barely starting is a really good sign that I’m building trust and authority in my space.

Eventually the work I’m doing will hopefully build up so much content and reach that I’m building trust with thousands of people and so I can easily filter and choose the best clients I’d like to work with. Ones that I enjoy working with, that fit my buyer personas, and I can get the best results for.

CountMonteCristo

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Oct 10, 2015
Hungary
We've also started trying out some new thumbnail designs
Here's the first 2 from the designer:

Yeah, I think they look much better, I really like the second one! Not sure if you can reduce the word count on that one, but maybe you could try switching "shopify" with "google analytics."

"Shopify" is easier to read subconsciously and so even without actually reading "google analytics," I can't help but read "shopify full set up 2020" in an instant... and that already is pretty interesting. I hope that makes sense.

How's this for video editing!

Man, your 7yo is making stop motion videos? That is crazy! If he gets hooked on creating content this early, he's definitely going places!

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Wow, funny you quoted that. He also has another channel where he teaches people how to make great content. It's not my favourite channel for marketing/content learning at all (he still seems to hold back a bit on the value and he pushes his affiliates so much that it makes me distrust his content) but he definitely knows what he's doing.
Here's his other channel: Graham Cochrane
Yes, I've been binge listening to his stuff. At least he walks the walk. He comes across a bit too smooth for me, but that could be the result of all his years experience talking to camera in his other channel. I think he does overdo it slightly with pushing his CTA signup and his clever segues. However, a lot of his stuff makes sense (apart from when he rants against paid ads... lol - but that's ok, he's just being polarising).

Phikey

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Nov 7, 2017
Sydney Australia
Yeah, I think that's pretty good. It's a very niche topic, so it's not like you have too many options.

I personally would try a few solid colors (or subtle textures if you want to get fancy) for the background, even just plain black to make the logos pop. The logos are very light in color, so if you want them to pop out, you'll have to make the background dark.

Something we learn in visual arts is people's eyes go to the highest contrast areas in any image. If we apply that to the entire search page you should be able to stand out with a high contrast thumbnail.

Here, I did a quick mock-up for you (you're free to use it lol):
View attachment 33642

You can see how it looks with the other thumbnails that come up:
View attachment 33643

Btw you came up 3rd for "verify shopify" keywords, so that's not too bad.
Awesome!! thanks for showing me that. I see now, we need to make it more contrasted. Especially because the thumbnails are shown at a small size in the search results so legibility is really important.

New video up! vid 21 with 111 subs:

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Yes!!! There it is!! The power of keyword research and Youtube SEO.

The last few days have been wild. I've been closing new clients like crazy and been getting more messages from subscribers asking for help. This weekend I'm filming a marketing audit video for one of my subscribers!!

I also just dropped my most valuable video I've ever made so far.
I teach my audience how we run manual bids for shopping campaigns with our own template. We've scaled up dozens of campaigns with this method and I've never ever heard of anyone using it or teaching it. Why? Because I created it myself over a year ago and it's incredibly effective.
I've even let people get direct access to the template we use, for themselves. I do put it behind an email opt-in but it's just so valuable that I think I need to start asking my audience for something in return. With the responses I've been getting from my little audience, I think they'll be ok with this!
Good work. Only about 138 subs when I looked last night, which just goes to show that growing subs and getting masses of views isn’t necessarily the goal when your goal is something else. That seems obvious but I made that mistake when I had a YT coach who gave me the goal to “Grow a YouTube channel”. A few weeks later I came up for air and realised that should have never been my end goal.

This just goes to show (in case we didn’t realise already) the power of YouTube. People search on Google and YouTube for very specific things, because they have specific problems they’re trying to solve. If I had to create content for one channel only then I’d choose YouTube. Meh to LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.

I see folks are already asking you for a course as well as to hire you. Why not? You’re doing them a disservice if they’ve money in hand asking to hand it to you.

Don’t be apologetic about asking for emails or money when you’re providing value.

Marked notable. Let us know when you get your first client or course customer from this and I’ll upgrade to Gold.

How are you finding Loom? I was super excited when I started using it, but occasionally it fails to upload the video to their platform and I lose everything I’ve done. It also messes about with my mic gain.

EDIT: I watched the first minute of that latest video. Are you creating one ad group per item in the shopping feed? I did that for about 20k products via a bit of Excel messing about. It seems to work pretty good although I must go back and check it.

Phikey

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Nov 7, 2017
Sydney Australia
Day 28, video 28, the last few days my channel has had a nice surge in subscribers and views.

I'm really digging in and putting out some great content now.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Day 28, video 28, the last few days my channel has had a nice surge in subscribers and views.

I'm really digging in and putting out some great content now.
Very nice video. Reminds me a bit of Nick Nimms (link below). The editing is pretty good but zooms in and out a bit too much for me. I think simple jump cuts would suffice and not make the audience too sea sick?

BTW... smart to keep people on your channel and not have a CTA to go to your website (yet?). That’s aligning with YouTube’s goal of increased watch time so they’ll love showing your video. I was just going to do ads so would put a CTA to signup in my videos. I should mix it up actually, or figure out how to create a win-win for YouTube, their audience, and me.

Here’s Nick:
View: https://youtu.be/8KNz8yxrn18

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Ok it's day 31 and I've made a video reviewing the first 30 days of daily uploads.

I go into the number of subscribers, the views, watch time, all the analytics so you can see how much I've progressed so far.

I'll probably do something like this each month for the challenge.
Wondering if that could/should be on a completely separate channel about growing a YouTube channel?

Phikey

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Nov 7, 2017
Sydney Australia
Great work Phikey! I don't watch your videos (except your last one as I'm considering starting a channel myself) since I don't do ecommerce, but I'm following your process closely.
Thanks! I was actually really surprised by the amount of likes that post got here. I didn't realise that a bunch of people were following along like that!

Day 32, video 32
Subs: 166
Views: 4,879

Phikey

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Nov 7, 2017
Sydney Australia
What's the third wall that you mention?

It’s a method used in filming or theatre where the actor speaks directly to the audience and acknowledges that they’re there. I feel like I’m doing a similar thing here by opening up my Youtube analytics and talking through my overall strategy for the youtube channel. While my subscribers have been viewing my content and learning, I’m now talking about how the content they’ve been viewing is actually part of a bigger strategy too. It’s meta. It’s like if I made a video where I teach people the structure of my videos, and then I use that structure in that video to explain the structure.
I think that by talking through what I’m doing it creates a different connection with my audience through a different level of authenticity. It shows them that I’m here listening to what they have to say and I’m doing the best I can to be as valuable as possible for their journey.

Phikey

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Nov 7, 2017
Sydney Australia
I like that you're adding these in. Will be great for you when you look back on this.

Yep I think it’s a good idea. The way this project is going, I think I’ll enjoy looking back on this thread in 6 months and seeing how this whole thing started!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.