The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

ebook: "The Pessimist's Guide To Making Their First Million"

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013
Write a moneymaking book for people who don't believe they can do it. Don't try to change their mindset, celebrate it. Tell them "If you can make $1, you can make a $1M, here is how...".

Include the $20k yr business idea I mentioned here: What if you don't need to be a millionaire?

And the income doubling idea here: The goal of only doing what you've done before.

Throw in some others that require little self-confidence.

Get booked on Oprah.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Dan_Fastlane

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jan 3, 2017
World Citizen
10413855_767985166555843_1369200507_n.jpg

u joined this forum 2013 O_O......did u read only the backcover of the books?

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013
It seems like every thread you've made is mental masturbation.
You're just going around in loops.

So you're response to a post in the "Idea Bucket" section is to attack the person who posted it...okay.

AubreyJ

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
229%
Mar 26, 2014
Plano, TX
Have you actually made your first million?

If not, than what makes you a credible enough source to write this book? And why should people listen to you?

Not trying to be negative, but I think these are questions that people will ask.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia

If not, than what makes you a credible enough source to write this book? And why should people listen to you?

Not trying to be negative, but I think these are questions that people will ask.
@Andy Black , @Vigilante , #landfill watch here....
I smell danger.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Write a moneymaking book for people who don't believe they can do it. Don't try to change their mindset, celebrate it. Tell them "If you can make $1, you can make a $1M, here is how...".

I actually LOVE the idea. And the book would be challenging because you can't address mental roadblocks.

Get booked on Oprah.

Well here's your secret sauce which you neglected to "give me the exact steps" -- like saying, "Found a startup -- get your first customer -- get rich in IPO" (Uh, ok? But how do I go from first customer to IPO?)

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
Jan 13, 2014
What about "The Pessimist's Guide to Skydiving"? I'd read that.

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013
I actually LOVE the idea. And the book would be challenging because you can't address mental roadblocks.

Well here's your secret sauce which you neglected to "give me the exact steps" -- like saying, "Found a startup -- get your first customer -- get rich in IPO" (Uh, ok? But how do I go from first customer to IPO?)

I assumed 5 examples of the "secret sauce" would be enough for a reader of the book, and that the 2 I gave would enough for a writer to go on.

The first example was the creation of 5-6 businesses designed to earn $20k a year, which I mentioned in the "What if I don't want be a millionaire?" thread. The "sauce" was to break financial independence in to small enough chunks that someone with low self-esteem could see themself accomplishing them.

The other "secret sauce" was mentioned in my thread about "Only doing what you've done before", where the reader could just look at how they have already done, and try to re-achieve it in a shorter time-frame. In that example, I said start with $1, double it 20 times, and you would have $1M.

I assumed if someone liked this idea, they could think of the other 3 ideas.

Every book on wealth, mindset, achievement, etc, always hammers away at how an entrepreneur should change themselves in order to be successful. There are people on this forum that sell books and courses on exactly that. The USP of this idea is that you don't have to change yourself. How many "wantrapeneurs" gave up because they didn't think they could change? What is more important, a good plan, or a plan someone wont give up on?

The ebook idea was my reaction to the recent posts about "How do I handle criticism?", "What if my family says I'll fail?", etc. Not everyone wants to "toughen up", and it is not a requirement for becoming wealthy. So if someone doesn't believe they can do it, how can you help them?

I will give you an example. I forget the details, but I saw an interview with the coach of some guy who set a world record lifting weights. The interviewer asked how he got the guy to lift 300kg, and the coach said, "We told him it was 290!". Basically, the coach knew the powerlifter did not believe he could lift 300kg, so he lied to him, and told him an amount the guy had lifted before in the gym. The powerlifter went out, lifted it, set a new world record. That probably happens in a lot of sports.

When the American Hockey team beat the Russian team in 1980, in the "Miracle on Ice", their coach told them to simply "Go out and have fun", and they did. He changed the goal to something that they had done many times before, and it worked.

People can't do something because they don't believe they can. This ebook would not try to change what they believed about themself, but what they believed about the goal.

Last edited:

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013

Yes I have.

Why did you listen to me?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.