The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Ebook created - what next?

Forodstar

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Nov 2, 2014
Hi friends,

So I have written a 6000 words ebook on my niche, I might sneak it to 10,000 with a bit of persistence

Now I am wondering how to interact with the market mind. I know I should have done this already but there you go, you live and you learn. Context I am IT contractor and the purpose of this to: improve my personal brand, get additional consultation/training gigs off the back, generate revenue. Obviously selling the book would provide for unlimited scaling.

My current site is: hand full of articles / podcasts, almost 0 traffic thus far.

Ideas for execution:
1. Put it on the various platforms, amazon whatever, paywall on site and try to sell it, backlinks, mentions and so on. Try a few folks from fiver. Linkedin market, articles with Author of ... with a link to book.
2. Give it for free on a few subreddits see what the response is, act accordingly.
3. Give it for free on site, with email opt-in.

What do you think of my execution ideas based on my goals?

I am leaning towards 2 and then see if there is any value in the book or not i.e. if people are willing to pay for it.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

ho4848

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
92%
Jul 8, 2019
World Citizen
How long does it take to write 6000 pages.... Have you consider splitting it into smaller books and topics for different people to read?

richxiaohe

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
Jul 21, 2019
You can split your whole books into different part, and serialize them on the blog and platform like that.
And there are two things: how’s the value of your book, is it a collection of your profession or does it offer some new ideas that no mentioned before?

Hi friends,

So I have written a 6000 page ebook on my niche, I might sneak it to 10,000 with a bit of persistence

Now I am wondering how to interact with the market mind. I know I should have done this already but there you go, you live and you learn. Context I am IT contractor and the purpose of this to: improve my personal brand, get additional consultation/training gigs off the back, generate revenue. Obviously selling the book would provide for unlimited scaling.

My current site is: hand full of articles / podcasts, almost 0 traffic thus far.

Ideas for execution:
1. Put it on the various platforms, amazon whatever, paywall on site and try to sell it, backlinks, mentions and so on. Try a few folks from fiver. Linkedin market, articles with Author of ... with a link to book.
2. Give it for free on a few subreddits see what the response is, act accordingly.
3. Give it for free on site, with email opt-in.

What do you think of my execution ideas based on my goals?

I am leaning towards 2 and then see if there is any value in the book or not i.e. if people are willing to pay for it.

Forodstar

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Nov 2, 2014
That's a lot of pages...

Honestly I would try all 3 and see which one works the best.

Make that 6000 words lol. Edited for clarity.

Forodstar

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Nov 2, 2014
You can split your whole books into different part, and serialize them on the blog and platform like that.
And there are two things: how’s the value of your book, is it a collection of your profession or does it offer some new ideas that no mentioned before?

The value in the book is it helps the reader achieve something professionally. There are other books in a similar vein.

alexkuzmov

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria
Is there any way to split the book into small articles and put it up on your site one by one?
Once you start posting, SEO, post snippets of the articles on social media linking to your site and gauge the response.

Jinnah1947

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Jun 18, 2019
Hi,

My advice would be to turn your ebook into a "pillar page", google it for some examples. This would be great for SEO purpose.

Next join relevant forums, linkedin, quora and facebook communities and start helping people.

It will establish your personal brand. Another benefit will be that you will start seeing which questions and problems are being often repeated. Turn the solution to them into a blog post and link it to "pillar content".
So, in future whenever someone ask the same question again, you can just link it to that particular post, giving your site an SEO boost also.

Checkout @Andy Black thread, it will be really helpfull for you

richxiaohe

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
Jul 21, 2019
So, here's a question, could e-book or generally speaking, sharing knowledge and information to people be a good business? if yes, how.
The things you offer or share could be the collections of your area(suppose you are a programmer, designer, manager... you offer coding skill, drawing skill , managing skill). so the entity it is could be a Skill book for coding, a Traveling guide , a Cook book etc.

What I can imagine is, In an ideal situation, you build your brand through your sharing and let some people in your area know your name. In addition, if the entity of your sharing(e.g. a book) is good enough , you can get some royalty income while you published them.
but for most "knowledge/information/experience" "sharing/offering/collection", it's like a one-time deal. just see how many "how to xxx" or "xxx from beginner to master " come out every year you will understand what I mean.
Think about the "pay to play" and "free to play" games in video game industry.
you spend your time and produce your product(which is your book or stuff like that) and sell them, after one year or two, the content is out of date, you have the one-time deal. only if the content was more professional it lasts more time,it's like most console games,one-time deal, what I think a better way is "free to play", which means if your book is original and valuable, you can offer your book free(into pieces or maybe different forms) to spread it. and while it spreads enough, you have various way to make profit.

For another benefit which is to build the brand of yourself, think about the music industry, the artist or band usually lunch their first album after they had built their brand through some lives and exposures(same as split your book into pieces and post them on communities). Which means, you can write a book or share your experience while you have already proved yourself and built your brand initially in that field(think about MJ), and this is like one thing led to another, and it goes naturally.

So, in my point of view, e-book creating could be a small and short term business(suppose you put it on online platform like amazon ). And generally knowledge/experience sharing could be a spring board to another long term business.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.