The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Ebola in the USA... Anyone Concerned?

SeanyHang

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
287%
May 24, 2013
New Jersey
After graduating with a degree in Broadcast Journalism... I can honestly saw I have next to NO faith in ANY of the mainstream media news outlets, left or right. It's all crap, it's all about ratings, it's all marketing. There's more for us to learn as entrepreneurs to watch the way FOX targets the right and ABC/NBC targets the left than there is for us as citizens to learn what's going on in the world. One of the very first classes that I took, I was told outright that literally everything on the news (and anywhere for that matter) was propaganda in one way or another (white vs grey vs black). The news can be a tool to see certain events that happened.. But it's usually best to avoid believing and worrying about anything other than the simple fact that "some people got ebola" or "some guy got shot" or "some building burned down".

cKmfKTJ.gif

^^^Lmao.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

C.S. Abbink

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Aug 13, 2014
Well, it's not likely deceases (pathogens) like ebola are made up. I for one believe the threat was real. Can I do something about a threat like that? Not much.. So I also believe the fear mongering in the media is unnecessary. Undoubtedly there will be a virus or catastrophe that wipes all, or nearly all humans from earth. You just can't do anything about it (as a person) and for that we don't have to worry.

You can let fear get the best of you, and go lay in your coffin or ashtray. Or you can just live the heck out of your life and let death jump on you like a stray cat. I prefer the latter :)

mt_myke

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Mar 25, 2014
Montana
http://time.com/3643092/ebola-deaths-7000-who/

"The total number of cases in Guinea, Sierra Leone and Liberia now stands at 19,031, up from 18,569."

Since ebola has about a 50% mortality rate we'll be crossing that psychological 10k death toll sometime in 2015, probably sooner rather than later. This is going to grind on for some time yet...too early to start celebrating any kind of victory.

D

DeletedUser394

http://time.com/3643092/ebola-deaths-7000-who/

"The total number of cases in Guinea, Sierra Leone and Liberia now stands at 19,031, up from 18,569."

Since ebola has about a 50% mortality rate we'll be crossing that psychological 10k death toll sometime in 2015, probably sooner rather than later. This is going to grind on for some time yet...too early to start celebrating any kind of victory.

The point is that ebola is irrelevant to Western or even semi developed nations.

I'm celebrating the end of the media hysteria. The disease itself has been present for decades, and as you say it will grind on.

It's a devastating disease to these poor nations.

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013
At 2:13 in this video, the reporter claims the CDC told her there were 1,400 active cases of Ebola in the USA. It is interesting that during the "information age" that information is not very valuable, because nobody knows who they can trust.

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2014...hiding-numbers-of-possible-ebola-cases-in-us/

"Sunday on Fox News Channel’s “Media Buzz,” investigative journalist Sharyl Attkisson said the CDC is not putting out the current information on how many potential cases of Ebola they are currently tracking in the Untied States.

Attkisson said, “I called CDC not long ago and I said how many cases are being monitored in the United States and they said 1,400. I said, ‘Where are these updates on your website? ‘ They said they’re not putting it on the web. This is public information we have a right to know and the media should not hype it, but should cover it.”"

mt_myke

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Mar 25, 2014
Montana
Attkisson said, “I called CDC not long ago and I said how many cases are being monitored in the United States and they said 1,400. I said, ‘Where are these updates on your website? ‘ They said they’re not putting it on the web. This is public information we have a right to know and the media should not hype it, but should cover it.”"

I call BS on the reporter. If it's not public why would the CDC tell a reporter? Most likely they are monitoring 1400 individuals who might have had contact with someone who had ebola, and are being watched for signs of it developing. That's a lot different (and much more benign) than 1400 active cases. Of course it's also not nearly as riveting as "CDC covering up nearly 1500 ebola cases in the US!!!", so why not intentionally misunderstand that to get more attention to your incorrect story?

D

DeletedUser394

At 2:13 in this video, the reporter claims the CDC told her there were 1,400 active cases of Ebola in the USA. It is interesting that during the "information age" that information is not very valuable, because nobody knows who they can trust.

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2014...hiding-numbers-of-possible-ebola-cases-in-us/

"Sunday on Fox News Channel’s “Media Buzz,” investigative journalist Sharyl Attkisson said the CDC is not putting out the current information on how many potential cases of Ebola they are currently tracking in the Untied States.

I'm sorry. BUT HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Anybody that returns from West Africa is monitored. This is standard, doesn't mean anything.

There are no active cases in the USA.

Nothing but more fear mongering nonsense. Must be a slow news day so they have to rehash some crap.

The only sites reporting this right now are crazy fringe groups. It's a non issue.

This ''news'' came out DECEMBER 1ST, as tweeted by this same Sheryl Atkinson, mentioned in your news post. That means the 21 day incubation period is over. http://twitchy.com/2014/12/02/hey-m...ple-are-being-monitored-for-ebola-in-the-u-s/

Don't believe the nonsense you read on the internet.

smarty

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 2, 2013
You may want to watch Simpsons and learn the world events 15-20 years ahead of anyone else.
All this Ebola false alarm is so laughable, yet so sad that many people still believe the propaganda...

38ecdc5f21c90775e4d2b6c8db7a93d9[1].png

Last edited:

twdavis

The Danger
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Jul 20, 2013
You may want to watch Simpsons and learn the world events 15-20 years ahead of before anyone else.
All this Ebola false alarm is so laughable, yet so sad that many people still believe the propaganda...

View attachment 9343

Ebola was discovered 40 years ago, not like it's some new virus....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smarty

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 2, 2013
Ebola was discovered 40 years ago, not like it's some new virus....

Yes, and we must fear Africa. We must pump fear into hearts of people for 2-3 months and then forget about it. My point being, it's just a propaganda game.

Gale4rc

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Sep 23, 2013
You may want to watch Simpsons and learn the world events 15-20 years ahead of anyone else.

View attachment 9343

should we just research every ebola mention prior to the outbreak and say that they were all predicted the spread of the virus?

smarty

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 2, 2013
should we just research every ebola mention prior to the outbreak and say that they were all predicted the spread of the virus?
Willingly or not, you missunderstood or miss interpreted my argument.

Sent from my Nokia 3310 via Tapatalk.

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
Now it's not Ebola anymore, it's Zika.

The Zika virus may be considered a greater cause of concern than Ebola, if you're in North America. The mosquitoes which transmit the virus have been found as far North as the Canadian border.

Sanj Modha

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Feb 16, 2016
In Your Newsfeed
I have friends in West Africa. A few live in Ghana and they tell me that Ebola was leaked from a US lab out there. Make of that what you will.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.