The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Ebiz Insurance

mtnman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Oct 3, 2007
Should an ebiz be treated any differently than any standard business when it comes to insurance policies?

How does ebiz liability differ from a b&m business?

There's no foot traffic and hardly any liability in the physical sense. Surely this varies from service to service, but is there a general rule of thumb?

It seems it would be wise to at least have an umbrella policy for the owner of the entity the ebiz is held in. Am I missing something here? :thankyousign:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

GettingThere

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Dec 3, 2007
Central Florida
Hey Matt,

Hope things are going well with your progress. I'm actually making some headway into my site...I would say about 45% complete.

What I found in a preliminary search:

Hope this helps.

-John

mtnman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Oct 3, 2007
Thanks John! I'd never seen #1 before. speed+

Depending on the biz model, it seems kinda nuts to offer revenue declination protection.

45% progress....Hell yeah! Who's doing the programing/integration? Is this your's or the wife's? lol

I'd like to say we're neck and neck, but I abandoned my first idea and moving on to another as of 2/21. Hopefully my car is fast! lol

GettingThere

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Dec 3, 2007
Central Florida
I'm doing 100% of it...I'll have Tom (Aptohosting) host it for me, though. I don't think I'm ready for that responsibility yet.

Most of the remaining 65% is content-adding, learning SEO enough to feel comfortable with it, registering as an LLC, drawing up a launching/marketing plan (detailed), having friends test the site, etc. So, the second half will definitely take more time.

Thanks for the rep.

My wife's site is coming along slowly because she has very little time to devote to it right now, since this is her first year as a teacher...lots involved for the first-year planning, etc. I'm ready to go when she is, which will most likely be May. Right now for her, I'm working through legal options for copyrighted material, copyrighting her products, forming a biz entity, etc.

Lots to do, but it really is a fun learning experience so far.

- John

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.