The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Ebay Powersellers?

AllOutOrNothing

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Sep 15, 2007
Im looking on information and methods on how to efficiently push out mass quanitity of inventory. I have products that will sell my only problem is being super efficient.

Picture Taking
Auction Listing
Shipping - multiple sizes causes problems....

Is there any software to automate this process? My goal is to push close to 500 products a month if possible. I am a one man team but im willing to get the help of others if needed.

Whats your plan of attack?

I like to work smart and build a efficient system.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

BeingChewsie

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Aug 27, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Im looking on information and methods on how to efficiently push out mass quanitity of inventory. I have products that will sell my only problem is being super efficient.

Picture Taking
Auction Listing
Shipping - multiple sizes causes problems....

Is there any software to automate this process? My goal is to push close to 500 products a month if possible. I am a one man team but im willing to get the help of others if needed.

Whats your plan of attack?

I like to work smart and build a efficient system.

I use a regular digital camera for picture taking and a white background or black background generally.

I use the sellingmanagerpro software ebay has for stores, it works great for managing the listings/invoices. Some people use other check-out systems.

I use SellersSourcebook to create my listings, store my photos and I send to auction from there. I have used turbo lister in the past and liked it.

www.sellerssourcebook.com

I used to use endicia for shipping, I switched to paypal to use their multiple shipping labels at a time function I think it sucks and will be going go back to Endicia.

www.endicia.com

If you are selling new and similiar products listing 500+ items a month will be easy once you get the system down, thats by yourself. I sell used clothes(which takes forever to get listed, I can do about 120 auctions/store listings a week and still work my job.) I sell hot toys at Christmas(which I can list 50-60 in a few hours). I find trying to ship anything over 70-100 packages a week overwhelming by myself on top of the listing, shopping, picture taking etc.

Shipping is the biggest pain in the a$$ to me. I ship everything priority these days, its just easier.

Get a good scale, thermal printer and reliable internet connection.

Have your work area set...boxes, tape, labels, perm markers, pens, customs forms, bubble wrap, poly-mailers, business cards etc.

Generally I do shipping in the AM, picture taking mid day, listing afternoon/night...depending on my work schedule.

I have started selling an e-book I wrote on powerselling clothes/toys..I like that, it just sells itself 24 hours a day..no shipping, no hassles.

I hope this helps.

Sue

mach9

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Aug 30, 2007
I'm just the opposite. Of course, I'm not efficient yet but I'm getting better. My problem is in finding the stuff to sell. Any suggestions you guys have in that area would be appreciated. GMJ

hakrjak

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Sep 15, 2007
Colorado Springs
I'm a powerseller on Ebay. I've never been a fan of their automated tools, so I still manually list my products. Somewhat time consuming, but the tools were just too much of a pain in the butt to figure out. If I grow much more, I'll hire a college intern kid to sit here Mondays through Fridays for 2-3 hours per day and do all of my listings, answer my questions, etc. He/She could even work remotely for me, which would be a big plus I'm sure for a full time student.

- Hakrjak

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

lucas

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
14%
Oct 7, 2007
I had no idea ebay had a developer API, thanks for pointing that out JScott!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.