• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

2. Forum *Official* Book Discussion
    Atomic Habits by James Clear

The forum has voted to discuss this book. Grab it, discussion begins soon!
    Buy: Buy | Discuss: Atomic Habits, by James Clear (Review | Discuss)

WEB/DIGITAL Ebay Powersellers?

Discussion in 'Business Models, Niches, Industries' started by AllOutOrNothing, Oct 16, 2007.

1. AllOutOrNothing

AllOutOrNothing New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $45
    Im looking on information and methods on how to efficiently push out mass quanitity of inventory. I have products that will sell my only problem is being super efficient.

Picture Taking
    Auction Listing
    Shipping - multiple sizes causes problems....

Is there any software to automate this process? My goal is to push close to 500 products a month if possible. I am a one man team but im willing to get the help of others if needed.

Whats your plan of attack?

I like to work smart and build a efficient system.

2. BeingChewsie

BeingChewsie Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $534

I use a regular digital camera for picture taking and a white background or black background generally.

I use the sellingmanagerpro software ebay has for stores, it works great for managing the listings/invoices. Some people use other check-out systems.

I use SellersSourcebook to create my listings, store my photos and I send to auction from there. I have used turbo lister in the past and liked it.

www.sellerssourcebook.com

I used to use endicia for shipping, I switched to paypal to use their multiple shipping labels at a time function I think it sucks and will be going go back to Endicia.

www.endicia.com

If you are selling new and similiar products listing 500+ items a month will be easy once you get the system down, thats by yourself. I sell used clothes(which takes forever to get listed, I can do about 120 auctions/store listings a week and still work my job.) I sell hot toys at Christmas(which I can list 50-60 in a few hours). I find trying to ship anything over 70-100 packages a week overwhelming by myself on top of the listing, shopping, picture taking etc.

Shipping is the biggest pain in the a$$ to me. I ship everything priority these days, its just easier.

Get a good scale, thermal printer and reliable internet connection.

Have your work area set...boxes, tape, labels, perm markers, pens, customs forms, bubble wrap, poly-mailers, business cards etc.

Generally I do shipping in the AM, picture taking mid day, listing afternoon/night...depending on my work schedule.

I have started selling an e-book I wrote on powerselling clothes/toys..I like that, it just sells itself 24 hours a day..no shipping, no hassles.

I hope this helps.

Sue

3. JScott

JScott Legendary Contributor FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $43,922
    In terms of actually listing on eBay...

If you have a massive quantity of product (more than a few thousand units), and if you're at all technically savvy, you might consider joining the eBay Developers Program (it's free), and using their API to list directly:

http://developer.ebay.com/

And as BeingChewsie mentioned, TurboLister is a decent tool (also free from eBay) if you're listing several hundred or low thousands of things that are all similar.

If you have any specific questions, let me know...I worked for eBay and used to run much of the Developers Program and eBay Tools product lines...

4. mach9

mach9 PARKED

Rep Bank:
    $35
    I'm just the opposite. Of course, I'm not efficient yet but I'm getting better. My problem is in finding the stuff to sell. Any suggestions you guys have in that area would be appreciated. GMJ

5. hakrjak

hakrjak Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $157
    I'm a powerseller on Ebay. I've never been a fan of their automated tools, so I still manually list my products. Somewhat time consuming, but the tools were just too much of a pain in the butt to figure out. If I grow much more, I'll hire a college intern kid to sit here Mondays through Fridays for 2-3 hours per day and do all of my listings, answer my questions, etc. He/She could even work remotely for me, which would be a big plus I'm sure for a full time student.

- Hakrjak

6. lucas

lucas New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $42
    I had no idea ebay had a developer API, thanks for pointing that out JScott!

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.