The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Ebay Dropshipping

Cowxq

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
30%
Mar 13, 2008
I've recently been looking into the market of ebay. I'm just curious if anyone here currently or has in the past been a dropship seller on ebay and if so what company you may have used.

I've been doing a little research and they all sound great, but most don't let you view their products till after your drop the money to them.

So just throw them at me, any names you guys know of or have heard of so I can do some more research! Thanks.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

I85

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Mar 22, 2008
Iowa
I deal mostly in antiques, collectibles, and car/home audio..so I can't say much about dropshippers.
This may help, it is a newsletter I read from time to time. When you have some time, I would read as many articles as possible. He mentions different dropshippers from time to time as well as many other ebay related topics.

http://skipmcgrath.com/newsletters/archives.php

hakrjak

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Sep 15, 2007
Colorado Springs
I've been an Ebay Powerseller for about 8 yrs now.

If you find a dropshipper, and go to Ebay to search if someone already has their products for sale -- 9 times out of 10 you are going to see so much competition it will make your head spin. Not only is the market saturated, but the people are selling the stuff sometimes even at a loss to undercut each other -- it's sick... Then when you add Ebay's ever-increasing commissions, etc -- there is no way to really make money in the drop shipping game on Ebay.

Building your own web site / blog and doing things that way can definitely be done though, and there are several successful people here who do that.

I am successful on Ebay because I buy & warehouse my own unique products that not a lot of people have access to.

Cheers,

- Hakrjak

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Cowxq

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
30%
Mar 13, 2008
What about buying wholesale and having an inventory, skipping the dropship route. Is that a decent idea? If you find a niche market to sell on ebay are their many whole sale sites out there to choose from or is it pretty slim pickings? I'm very curious how to get a hold of these wholesale supply companies as they seem to be very elusive. Thats why I had thought dropshipping cause it seemed easier to find a supplier.

I85

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Mar 22, 2008
Iowa
What about buying wholesale and having an inventory, skipping the dropship route. Is that a decent idea? If you find a niche market to sell on ebay are their many whole sale sites out there to choose from or is it pretty slim pickings? I'm very curious how to get a hold of these wholesale supply companies as they seem to be very elusive. Thats why I had thought dropshipping cause it seemed easier to find a supplier.
Sure there are plenty of places to buy and sell from. Search ebay, find a void and fill it. J/W, did you read anything in the link I posted? If you are new to ebay, I would also look into purchasing a book or two from him.

Also, if you are willing to sell used items...he has recently started a "monthly niche" section to his newsletter. It covers anything from vintage t shirts, OOP music/movies, vintage electronics, posters, and many other items that can sell for good money but be found for next to nothing. You can get this stuff anywhere...storage auctions, estate sales/auctions, garages sales, flea markets etc. The return on used items is much greater than new, imo. However, selling new items allows for much more automation and for much more productivity. I'm not saying used is the best way, I'm actually going to start a new name and be selling a large line of something new here shortly. I may also go back to selling some new car audio items as well.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.