The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

e-commerce websites

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

DuncDad

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
87%
Jul 8, 2016
Having had a ridiculously poor service from just about every IT provider I have ever used, I thought I should do it myself. Problem then is few want to pay.

So here is my take...

If you want to sell online, setup a Shopify store* with a free template and get going with loading it full of product and start selling asap.
As sales improve you can use something like Webflow to make a more awesome website design, but don't get bogged down in design up front.
Use Stripe-Xero and a bank account that talks to Xero then pretty much all your admin paperwork can be automated.

* and if you don't know how to get started I will setup your basic Shopify site for free. No catches, everything will be in your name, ownership will always be yours. I get a small fee from the monthly hosting that will be the same cost for the end user either way.

Send me a message, I have time.

Cute pic of my boy!
9b620cbd98303193c1076168d19d5c83.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
G

Guest34764

I think that kid has some spaghetti sauce around his lips :/

It's buggin the heck outta me.

pls fix

dbx286

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
Aug 13, 2016
I personally think something like WOrdpress + WooCommerce is much better. The learning curve is not very steep either and you can setup a good looking shop with no coding experience after watching a few video on YouTube. Wordpress gives you far greater choices and flexibility in almost every department. Also you don't have to pay anything, except for the domain and hosting fees which are almost negligible for a small-medium traffic site.

If anyone has any questions about going this route, feel free to ask me anything.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
I get a small fee from the monthly hosting that will be the same cost for the end user either way.

I don't get it. Shopify is hosted on their own servers so how do you get a small monthly hosting fee?

DuncDad

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
87%
Jul 8, 2016
I don't get it. Shopify is hosted on their own servers so how do you get a small monthly hosting fee?
I am a Shopify partner

DuncDad

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
87%
Jul 8, 2016
I personally think something like WOrdpress + WooCommerce is much better. The learning curve is not very steep either and you can setup a good looking shop with no coding experience after watching a few video on YouTube. Wordpress gives you far greater choices and flexibility in almost every department. Also you don't have to pay anything, except for the domain and hosting fees which are almost negligible for a small-medium traffic site.

If anyone has any questions about going this route, feel free to ask me anything.
That combo is good for nerdy types who want to learn the system and keep everything updated. In my experience, business folk don't have the time to learn it

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
I am a Shopify partner

Not exactly a small hosting fee. More like an affiliate setup.

Refer a client to Shopify
Working on a commerce project for a client? Refer them to Shopify, and earn 20% monthly revenue share. Our top partners earn over $6,000 every month from referrals.

Sell an ecommerce theme
Build an ecommerce theme, and earn up to 70% for each sale you make on the Shopify Theme Store. Average theme revenue is $11,000 monthly per partner.

Sell an app in our marketplace
Use our API to build an integration or add a product feature. Earn 80% for each app that you sell on the Shopify App Store. Average app revenue is $2,000 monthly per app.​

DuncDad

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
87%
Jul 8, 2016
Not exactly a small hosting fee. More like an affiliate setup.

Refer a client to Shopify
Working on a commerce project for a client? Refer them to Shopify, and earn 20% monthly revenue share. Our top partners earn over $6,000 every month from referrals.

Sell an ecommerce theme
Build an ecommerce theme, and earn up to 70% for each sale you make on the Shopify Theme Store. Average theme revenue is $11,000 monthly per partner.

Sell an app in our marketplace
Use our API to build an integration or add a product feature. Earn 80% for each app that you sell on the Shopify App Store. Average app revenue is $2,000 monthly per app.​
That's exactly right, but there is no discount to go without my help

eTox

Expect success, but prepare to fail.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
May 21, 2016
Toronto
Why is this not in the "marketplace"?

DuncDad

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
87%
Jul 8, 2016
Why is this not in the "marketplace"?
I didn't know where best to put it

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
NORWAY - POLAND - WEST EUROPE
Having had a ridiculously poor service from just about every IT provider I have ever used, I thought I should do it myself. Problem then is few want to pay.

So here is my take...

If you want to sell online, setup a Shopify store* with a free template and get going with loading it full of product and start selling asap.
As sales improve you can use something like Webflow to make a more awesome website design, but don't get bogged down in design up front.
Use Stripe-Xero and a bank account that talks to Xero then pretty much all your admin paperwork can be automated.

* and if you don't know how to get started I will setup your basic Shopify site for free. No catches, everything will be in your name, ownership will always be yours. I get a small fee from the monthly hosting that will be the same cost for the end user either way.

Send me a message, I have time.

Cute pic of my boy!
9b620cbd98303193c1076168d19d5c83.jpg

thank you sir. god bless yall

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.