The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

E-commerce store

WestCoast

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
313%
Jan 20, 2008
Rhode Island for now.
We run e-commerce operations in tandem with physical store ops.

Have used OsCommerce for a year or two now. It has worked fine, and scaled up nicely as we have grown.

That said, I couldn't possibly recommend it for anyone. It is ancient technology at best.

We will be switching to Magento (open source) this year when the stable version is released.

CactusWren

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Jan 5, 2008
Arizona
So, I have my website on zen cart, after trying oscommerce for a little while.

Obviously free open source rocks if you are starting out on a shoestring. But should I just have my own website developed once the biz takes off?

I do not see any real reason for it, EXCEPT that it would be built to my specs and some things are plain driving me nuts.

Comments?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

aptohosting

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Aug 16, 2007
North Carolina
Hey there,

Well my partner and I are "e-commerce experts" and I have no problem making that claim. We can literally DO ANYTHING you want as far as e-commerce websites. We do of course charge a premium because we have so much experience with these sites. Amongst other reasons, they take a lot of time to develop, securing with SSL, and the adding of products!

Our normal e-commerce site starts at $2499, we of course have very flexible payment plans that are all 0 interest. So this way you can really go crazy with your website, and just pay whatever we agree on monthly.

Not to take away from open source carts but they are simply not very professional. It took 1-2 months for us to make OSCommerce look like this www.pbparadise.com. We now have an in-house cart solution that will make your clients think you are the next amazon.com!

If you want to talk about getting something started just email me at tom@aptohosting.com or call me at 1-866-404-9090 24/7.

Thanks,
Tom C.
www.aptohosting.com
1-866-404-9090

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Hey there,

Well my partner and I are "e-commerce experts" and I have no problem making that claim. We can literally DO ANYTHING you want as far as e-commerce websites. We do of course charge a premium because we have so much experience with these sites. Amongst other reasons, they take a lot of time to develop, securing with SSL, and the adding of products!

Our normal e-commerce site starts at $2499, we of course have very flexible payment plans that are all 0 interest. So this way you can really go crazy with your website, and just pay whatever we agree on monthly.

Not to take away from open source carts but they are simply not very professional. It took 1-2 months for us to make OSCommerce look like this www.pbparadise.com. We now have an in-house cart solution that will make your clients think you are the next amazon.com!

If you want to talk about getting something started just email me at tom@aptohosting.com or call me at 1-866-404-9090 24/7.

Thanks,
Tom C.
www.aptohosting.com
1-866-404-9090

Tom, Do you have any other OSCommerce sites that you have developed that you could share?

aptohosting

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Aug 16, 2007
North Carolina
Tom, Do you have any other OSCommerce sites that you have developed that you could share?

Not really!!! We are going to begin development of rossomotors.com (exotic car parts) in March. This site should be incredible, and will be our flagship in our portfolio.

I will keep you guys posted!

Tom C.

aptohosting

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Aug 16, 2007
North Carolina

Have used OsCommerce for a year or two now. It has worked fine, and scaled up nicely as we have grown.

That said, I couldn't possibly recommend it for anyone. It is ancient technology at best.

We will be switching to Magento (open source) this year when the stable version is released.

VERY well said!!!

We have been looking at that Magento option as well for a few of our clients It looks very promising.

Tom C.
www.aptohosting.com

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA

I was suggested to goto OsC from Cubecart, does anyone know where we can get information on all the diffrent options. I am probably going to be paying a hefty sum for a new store this year and i dont want to blow graphics money for outdated technology. does WMW or TAZ have anything on all of this?

aptohosting

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Aug 16, 2007
North Carolina
I was suggested to goto OsC from Cubecart, does anyone know where we can get information on all the diffrent options. I am probably going to be paying a hefty sum for a new store this year and i dont want to blow graphics money for outdated technology. does WMW or TAZ have anything on all of this?

Honestly both OSC, ZEN, Cubecart, etc are all low-budget not very professional solutions. I am not sure what WMW or TAZ is, but if you want this done right you probably will need a custom solution. That is what we do for 80% of our clients that are serious about their business.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Honestly both OSC, ZEN, Cubecart, etc are all low-budget not very professional solutions. I am not sure what WMW or TAZ is, but if you want this done right you probably will need a custom solution. That is what we do for 80% of our clients that are serious about their business.

Yeah thats why i was asking if you had any other stores to share besides pbparadise.com. Do you have anything else that showcases e-commerce or no?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.