The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

E-Commerce Niche priorities/challenges

Solid Snake

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jan 23, 2019
USA
After trying to pitch conversion optimization and ads to ecommece businesses, i realize that the space is extremely saturated with these types of marketers pitching and spamming everyone.

Can anyone with successful ecommerce brands and companies tell me what initiatives they take when it comes to their organization?

would automating sales/customer support seem like an interesting proposition? a solution created to execute this would also increase sales and decrease the workload of your team.

would love to get feedback from you guys, as well as other inights.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Oh Shift!

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Aug 26, 2020
Canada
how are pain points "secrets"?

It is unique for every company as they have different backstories.

I suggest you read the book by Adrian Slywotzky "Demand : Creating What People Love Before They Know They Want it".

It contains concepts similar to productocracy and CENTS. Netflix's story is featured here, if you're going to read the book keep in mind Netflix's CENTS journey.

To quote a few from the book (here "Demand Creators" are similar to a company that creates Productocracy)

"Demand creators spend all of their time trying to understand people"

"By watching how people actually behave in their own worlds, and by talking to them constantly, demand creators figure out how to solve the big and little hassles we all face - and they make our days easier, more convenient, more productive and simply more fun"

Envision

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
779%
May 5, 2014
I think results speak for themselves. I get hit up constantly by companies and marketers trying to market themselves. But they dont know anything and the person running my ads has spent over 50M collectively in ad spend on facebook.

The people messaging me have no competitive edge. You need to find or build a skill that is competitive.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Nick T

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
271%
Aug 26, 2020
I've sold 10's of thousands of products online and worked with multi million dollar subscription box companies...

I first did marketing for other companies before I went out on my own.

I run SaaS now, however my first question would be... Why wouldn't you just run your own ecommerce company if you are good at ads and optimization?

Anyway, Here are three solid ways to get clients...

#1. You have to flip the script and have them sign up with you. (Ads/SEO to Landing Page)

#2. Get your current clients to refer you. Authority is king.

#3. You have to offer your service for free and prove your value before asking them to retain your service. This one however will generally attract the wrong kind of client.

If you want to work in a consulting capacity like that and make REAL money it's all about understanding frame.

The issue I think you may be suffering from is a paradox of practice. If you can really make somebody else money and prove it, then do it for yourself. Then if you really wanted to have clients you can charge a premium because you don't need clients.

As far as support and sales automation... lots of AI chat bots easily added right into the source code or with plugins on platforms like Shopify or Wordpress.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.