The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

E-Commerce Niche Compeitition!

jpanarra

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Jan 9, 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
Hey, JP here...

I've been on the forum for almost a year now and I've never looked back. I've updated my progress and developed some really useful skills. One thing I noticed on here is the numerous threads about accountability, which I usually ignore because I believe that the only thing that keeps you going is yourself, not others. So I'm not too crazy about accountability threads.

That being said, there's one thing that really drives me to do more and improve is some good old school competition.. So here's a quick suggestion and I'm open to ideas to improve it is to have some sort of duel with someone with the same experience level and drive as I do. I have crashed and burned 1 drop shipping site and have an affiliate site that is making me pennies but I am getting better and have a decent understanding of the process now. I'm a competitive guy at heart and I see this as a fun challenge if people want to participate.

The Rules

• 1v1 situation (others are welcome to pair up)
  • 2 Categories (I will be doing Drop shipping, I don’t have much upfront capital to work with)
    • Drop shipping
    • Import/ Export
  • If using Paid Adverts, the budget must be equal or nonexistent.

The way I see it going is

1. Identify a niche market/product
  2. Build a site
  3. Get continuous traffic
  4. Traffic clicks on affiliate links, ads, or purchases said products.
  5. $$$
  6. Who makes bigger bank wins
The goal of the whole thing is to be friendly, and in the long run is to make money regardless who wins or not. It shouldn't take too much time to set up and build relationships by talking about your current site you're trying to build, Also I was hoping to update the progress on this thread so everyone else can follow along!

Post on here if you're interested.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

jpanarra

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Jan 9, 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
Will it be different niches or the same? Would the challenger have to do Dropshipping too?

I would go with different niches, just that they have to dig and find their own, wouldn't want two people competing for the same market space because the end goal is to have both people make money...

To have a even playing field i would think it would make sense if it was dropship vs dropship and if you want to import/export.. find another person that wants to do import/export... that was what i was thinking when I mentioned categories. The margins make a big difference, although i take dropshippinbg as a starting point and if theres a chance to switch to import/export frmo the money generated via sales. I think that's fair game.

What do you think?

I'm open to feedback tho, this is just a way to make things a bit fun.. like the heavy hitters on this forum mention, its about the journey not the destination.

jfny

Oh it's coming. Just wait.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Apr 23, 2016
I think I'd be down for a little friendly competition. I have a few e-commerce ideas I need to test out anyway. So long as this isn't an attempt to steal ideas and all. (I assume it's not)

jpanarra

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Jan 9, 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
I think I'd be down for a little friendly competition. I have a few e-commerce ideas I need to test out anyway. So long as this isn't an attempt to steal ideas and all. (I assume it's not)

Cool, Ofc its not an attempt to steal ideas at all. I wouldn't encourage anyone to share the niche publicly on here. I might be ok with sharing it with your competior to get some insight or chat about it. I see this as a learning opportunity and have a little fun along the way.

jpanarra

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Jan 9, 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana

So you're down for it? I'll send a PM

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.