The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

E- book Bitcoin Mining

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
As a book, probably not. As a daily vlog/blog/Twitter posts, possibly. A lot of value and marketing opportunities for this lies in sharing results with the community daily, not when it's all done. "Follow me as I learn how to mine Bitcoin" is interesting to watch. "Read how I built it" is more boring because it's not in real time.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
My son is about to set up some Bitcoin mining equipment. He invests time, thoughts and energy.
I told him to do an exact wright up, a step by step tutorial and public it as an ebook.
Do you think, that has any chance to get a success?

BTW, he doesn’t want to!

Spino

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Jan 26, 2019
I like the idea of documenting everything.
There are Bitcoin mining books already but there are many books about the same topic, so execution and promotion play a role.
He/you could also setup a course about how to start, maintain, manage Bitcoin mining business or equipment.
You might need to do some research about the niche and potential. If you grow a lot you might even start selling it as SaaS or hash power to clients, but that's a long way to go.

On the mining topic though, not sure Bitcoin mining is profitable for the small miner, it requires special equipment, lot of electricity, maintenance, cooling systems and the lifecycle of all of it.

CryptoCurt

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Oct 2, 2019
Germany
My son is about to set up some Bitcoin mining equipment. He invests time, thoughts and energy.
I told him to do an exact wright up, a step by step tutorial and public it as an ebook.

BTW, he doesn’t want to!
Hi Ing,
your idea is valid, documenting every step of the way (no matter what business idea you follow) is great.
Can be used to find mistakes, to write manuals etc...

As @Spino already said, there are good books on the market already. So question is how this one would be different.

But what i find most important: "BTW, he doesn’t want to!"

With a negative attitude, this will be half-baked at best and far from a possible success.
If this is not what he wants, let him do what he is passionate about. Only then it has a chance of success.
Just my 5 cent.

mattierocks

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Nov 11, 2014
Agree with the folks above. If he documented the journey of becoming a small mining operation, I’m sure a lot of people would eventually follow along. The key would be to building and regularly sending to an email list. This would open up all kinds of possibilities from affiliate offers to finding out if the book would actually sell.

Choate

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
243%
Mar 25, 2014
Boston
Writing and publishing the book itself would be a success. What is there to lose?

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
The mining setup works. He earned the first 50€. Success.

But its not my business. I cant talk him in producing shovels for that gold rush.
Thanks for participating.

Btw: a mining farm in a room and house heating isn’t a theme any more ;))

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore

BTW, he doesn’t want to!
Probably a good idea if it is more comprehensive to include other income source tutorial in the space

1) Defi yield farming
2) Creating your own NFT art for sale

There is always a time when the roi of an activity goes down eventually.

Spino

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Jan 26, 2019
Probably a good idea if it is more comprehensive to include other income source tutorial in the space

1) Defi yield farming
2) Creating your own NFT art for sale

There is always a time when the roi of an activity goes down eventually.
If it's an ebook I would disagree, I would keep the book relevant to one topic only and make different ebooks for different income source. The topics are big enough to justify dedicated books in my opinion.

If it's a blog then merge the topics would be better

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore
If it's an ebook I would disagree, I would keep the book relevant to one topic only and make different ebooks for different income source. The topics are big enough to justify dedicated books in my opinion.

If it's a blog then merge the topics would be better
I don't like ebook too because the space is changing too fast.

High gas fee is forcing people to binance smart chain. There is a new start-up coming with hashrate backed cryptocurrency (btcst) that you can stake to mine btc.

Social Media like Youtube or Medium could be better choice of content monetisation.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
Writing and publishing the book itself would be a success. What is there to lose?
Well, I think its already a success, when the mining setup works! ;)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.