The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Dru's otherworldly ideas

Idea threads

Mosfet

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Jan 30, 2016
As I was writing my introduction I realized that I could post some old ideas that I had on my secret idea list, but never realized and see what people think and learn from the feedback so that in the future I am more likely to come up with good ideas.

• Distribute salad to office buildings. Find offices where people want to eat healthy and drop off salad you made yourself. Figured people won't like what I can make.
  • Exploit the popularity of internet memes. Look for new ones pop up, print that shit on the usual things like cups and shirts and sell them.
  • Information products for anxiety and confidence for nerds. I came up with a couple of mental tools for that to deal with my own issues. In my information product phase whenever I solved a problem I figured I could make an info product about it, but never did.
  • Travel the world, talk to strangers and film it. The idea was that some people might want to get a feel for the local culture before deciding on a trip or a move.
  • A coffee shop (or some other shop suffering from fluctuations in foot flow and not too many items for sale) with prices changing depending on the busyness of the shop. Had the idea when I saw that some coffee shops can't serve all the customers during their peak hours, while at other times they were paying staff for just standing there without making any money. When you think about it some fast food chains are doing a snail version of this by doing BOGOF and other generous offers on the less busy days.
  • A wristwatch that helps you track your daily activities. Well I think I had the idea before apple so...
    5fe03ddff8bc25ec63b2ae5db308290ee87ceeea1c6f1c1c4d0a035b1af7e66e.jpg
  • INSIDERS organic/futuristic farm/community thing that is shaped by people who are made to feel like they own it. Ok, this is pure cosmos. People basically vote with their resources what fruits and vegetables they want and when they want them. The produce then is grown locally using the newest technology and delivered to the doorstep, meanwhile you can either visit the greenhouse or watch a livestream of your tomatoes being grown and see with your own eyes that nothing fishy is happening.
  • Work station that helps you to adjust to the ultradian rhythm and stay active. Ex. Lets you sit down for some time, but then turns on a treadmill and removes the chair forcing you to use it as a walking/standing table. It could be as simple as a walking desk with a manually removable chair and a timer that cycles through the 3 modes of use.
  • A device that measures your body's need for movement and reminds you to raise your heart rate or smth. Idea is that instead of seeing b.s. data of how many steps you took that day you'd see some other feedback.
  • Intelligent clothing that keeps your body at an ideal temperature.
  • Manage peoples mail. More of a problem that I've noticed, than a solution. When people move they have to give a notice to a dozen companies and establishments that they are moving. But I suppose if there was some secure way to store your postal address (maybe also other contact info?) digitally and whenever some company requires your address you just give them a unique link and when you no longer want them to have real time access to your info you break their link.
  • Coffee mugs that filter it. Think I recently saw a cup with a built in french press, so probably not useful anymore, unless you can do it better?
  • Productivity cycles app. It's best to establish new habits if you do them every day, but sometimes it is not practical, because you might want to do something once week or once a month, so hence you can set up a specific cycle for each habit and then you check in when ever you follow through and have some visual representation of how are you doing. Personally I would buy it right away as long it is not dinging and pinging all day because I skipped my meditation, light enough to lunch instantly and whether I am following through on my commitments is right in my face.
  • Suit/gadget that measures muscle usage. Allowing for more creative workouts and beneficial exercise suggestions. I heard that sharks can sense the electricity produced by victims moving their muscles and had an idea that if the clothing could sense electromagnetic activity in the muscles or for that matter any reliable way to sense muscle use it would be very, very cool, if not profitable.
  • A program for marketers that helps you weave a web of ideas and emotions and keep track of it. Silly idea I had when thinking about how marketrs sometimes build up feelings or ideas before milking them. Software could help track what ideas and thought patterns you've been seeding and developing in your audience through videos, mailing lists, success stories and other content.
  • Wallet with an alarm system. Since most people are not interested in charging their wallet, never tried to realize this amazing idea.
  • Antimotivational videos. Not really a business idea, so I am not sure how it got in this list. But if you are guilty of watching/listening to motivational videos while doing other daily activities like me then it doesn't take that long before it all starts to sound a little funny. Like one time when I was constipated the "push through" video came on. And a niche for a comedian was recognized.
  • Girly accessories for females. After living in a cave I realized that women love that kind of shit and put it on my secret list.
  • Calendar flow app, eradicate separation in weeks. Not an applicable idea if you don't own a popular calendar app already. Using gmails weekly view creates this situation where at the end of the week you see all the days that have passed and you need to flip back and forth between this week and the next, so I thought it's strange they don't offer always displaying say today and the next 6 days.
  • Chocolate or other spreads that contains coconut oil and sweeteners instead of sugar and palm oil. At the time didn't see anything like that in shops, but was not surprised since bread is not exactly keto/paleo.
  • Roast peanuts without bad oils, so they pass as a healthy snack. Substitute could be coconut oil, mct oil or at least any other oil that doesn't cause as inflammation and doesn't oxydize as quickly when roasting.
  • Physical storage system with digital indexing, so that it's searchable and you can drop a little screw, spare piece or a document in a drawer and 10 years later find it in 2 seconds. Maybe a device that quickly takes the information and then communicates with your phone to store it, so you don't need to touch your phone.
  • Celebrity for a day service - paparazzi, media attention, magazine, optional extras like cake throwing haters. Another spin might be a hero for a day.
  • Automated lid for cat/pet bowl. Opens when movement sensed. Pet food goes stale too.
  • A vest for dogs with dim LEDs that are not too bright for their eyes, but visible to passing cars and a system for detecting distance, so that when the dog gets farther away from you an especially bright LED shines a beam in the sky. This way you could go for a walks at night without a leash and the bright beam would allow to know where your dog is even if he runs through some bushes and gains distance. GPS is also a thing these days, but at night you don't want to stare at a bright screen and then look in complete darkness trying to spot a black dog.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Tim Allen Jr.

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
186%
Jul 6, 2017
virginia
Man, more impressive is the list. I have a similar list, but once you get started you start seeing things everywhere.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.