The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Down 47lbs since Dec 2018

Ecom man

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
496%
Apr 17, 2014
For the food and exercise I’m currently doing see the next post...

I’ve debated writing this thread multiple times over the last few months but I’ve started “diets” before and can never seem to make anything stock beyond a couple of months. I didn’t want to post and then have people ask how I was doing and have to admit that I was failing... but I decided that 1 this might help other entrepreneurs out who are in similar situations and 2 it would hold my feet to the fire as people would ask how my journey was going.

I decided that having my feet held to the fire was more of a help than letting my pride get in the way. Now on to the story.

In December I was on the forum one evening and while browsing came across a thread where people were talking about their diets and weight loss. There was another thread that I then came across that was talking about the show with the 600lb people and how they got to be that big. One of the posts on that thread mentioned something along the lines of they didn’t choose to be 600lbs but they chose not to do something at 250,300,350,400, etc. (at least that’s my memory of the post lol)

Just a week prior to reading those threads my wife had us take Christmas photos... and I absolutely hated them. Not because of my beautiful wife or kids in them.. but because I had to look at how truly overweight I had become. I was approximately 310lbs! I say approximately because the last time I weighed myself I had been over 300 (first part of November) and I had gained more weight since then.

That night I decided that I was not going to be someone who did nothing as I continued to gain weight and get fatter and fatter. Something WOULD CHANGE! I got on my phone and signed up for Planet Fitness that night. The following morning I made my first trip to the gym. I went 6 days a week to the gym for most of December January and February.

In March I went to the Midwest for about 10 days and didn’t eat right or exercise when I was there or after I got back. I went back to old habits and stopped exercising until about mid April. In mid April I found the food and exercise lifestyle that works for me.

I started eating better and exercising 2 times a day. That has allowed me to lost about 20 more lbs since mid April with weight loss actually accelerating now (lost 3lbs last week and currently down 4 this week).

So I know this is rambling so I will put my diet and exercise in the next post.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ecom man

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
496%
Apr 17, 2014
For the food, I found a site called I Love This Diet. I’ve used Nutrisystem in the past (and it works) but the variety is pretty crappy and it’s pretty expensive. When I finally got tired of the food and went back to eating “normal” I gained the weight back.

I love my diet is kind of like a nutrisystem but with packaged meals from Walmart. After a couple of weeks using their specific info I started doing it on my own and here is what I do.

Every day for breakfast is some sort of “healthy” cereal with fruit in it. I’ve used special k, multi grain Cheerios, honey bunches of oats, etc. Basically any cereal that isn’t 100% sugar. I then normally out either a banana or strawberries into the cereal.

Lunch is one of the “healthy” prepackaged meals. I’ve used lean cuisine, healthy choice, smart ones, etc. I only buy the ones that are under 300 calories. With that meal I eat 2 servings of vegetables. I normally do carrots and grape tomatoes as I prefer those since no prep is required.

Dinner is another one of those prepackaged meals with another 1-2 servings of vegetables. The vegetables I have for dinner vary but is normally broccoli, cauliflower, corn, green beans, a salad, etc.

After dinner I will eat a yogurt and then in the evening normally between 8-9pm I’ll have another piece of fruit.

So my goals for the day are
3-4 servings of vegetables
2 servings of dairy
2 servings of fruit

Normally all of that will run right around 1400 calories.

Now to the exercise.

I switch back and forth depending on the weather but since I’m in Arizona and it’s hot right now I’ve been swimming 2 times a day.

The first time is in the afternoon with my kids. I will normally be in there for an hour or so but don’t swim hard or anything like that. I will do some laps but this time is more about spending time with them while also burning some fat.

The 2nd swimming time is only about burning fat. I have been going at night after my kids go to bed and will normally swim “laps” for between 30-60 minutes. This isn’t a leisurely swim time either. I’m always working up a super good sweat and getting my heart pounding. What I always do is pop in my wireless earbuds and then turn on a podcast or YouTube video and listen to that while swimming. That makes the time go faster but also if it’s a 30 minute podcasts I know once it is done then so am I.

That’s it. Nothing special, nothing fancy, but it simply works. I’m eating less, I’m exercising more and it works with my schedule.

My goal is by December 1st to be down 100lbs. It’s going to be close as I’m about halfway there right now but I slacked off for basically 2 of the last 6 months so I’m hoping that the slower weight loss as I get smaller doesn’t slow me down too much.

Again, I’m sorry this post has been a bit rambling but I wanted to post specifics to hopefully help some other people who are struggling with weight loss.

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
i got a feeling its the swimming more than the diet. Swimming is REALLLY good for u.
30-60 minutes is a whole lot of swimming.

alekssiht

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Mar 15, 2019
Estonia
You should try intermittent fasting. Your weight will fall like a rock and, if it is suitable with your body, you will have more energy every day. Your brain gets sharper, random energy crashes will diminish, skin gets better, food tastes better. Also I noticed that I have much more energy for training. It requires some planning what and when to eat but I like this.

It is said, that we as humans, are not evolved to take food from the fridge as soon as we feel like it. So it connects with your long evolved, natural way of eating. Which means that when you look back in history, we had to work or hunt for food and then when we got it we had to eat it as soon as we could. Like Fasting, you get food only 8 hours a day and have to consume it within that window. Like we used to, hunt, skin, cook, eat and then hunt again and never know when the next meal comes. (I hope it made any sense to you, English is not ma mother tongue so I may not explain things very clearly)

It may be a little difficult to get used to it at first but when you will get used to it, it feels great.
16 hours without food and having 8 hour eating window is the most popular among people and the most sustainable for everyday life. Also, you have to be persistent with this eating style. About a month and you will see results and from there on, things get much better.

Also, while on fasting period, lets say 16 hours, you can only drink water. The idea is to not spike your insulin levels which ends up with your body entering to a state called ketosis, which means that you start to burn FAT for energy. Not carbohydrates as we are used to.

I start eating at 12am and end 8pm. And what I like about it, you don't have to go crazy with choosing what you eat(Still, healthy food is necessary not pastas and pizzas all day every day)

NVious

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Jun 12, 2015
I have been doing IF for years, it truly is the GOAT diet for those of us that can't stop ourselves when we start, it fills you up, BUT the rest of the time you are able to have laser like focus on other activities due to food not even being on the menu.

That said, the GOAT diet is the one you can stick to:

But yeah IMO everyone that has struggled with obesity or just being chunky should at least TRY IF once to see if they like it. Hell Minimal Viable Product that shit, try it for 3-5 days and then see how you do.

Ecom man

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
496%
Apr 17, 2014
i got a feeling its the swimming more than the diet. Swimming is REALLLY good for u.
30-60 minutes is a whole lot of swimming.
It certainly is helping it drop faster for sure but eating 1400 calories instead of whatever I want all day is certainly helping as well.

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
It certainly is helping it drop faster for sure but eating 1400 calories instead of whatever I want all day is certainly helping as well.

oh yea 1400 seems quite low.
i read that undereating calories only works in the short term because the body will lower metabolism to fit the calories instead of losing weight, so u might experience things like cold hands or something.

but who knows, we as society overeat so much, maybe 1400 is closer to normal then 3000+ lol

Ecom man

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
496%
Apr 17, 2014
Excellent F*cking work buddy!!!

How have people responded?
TBH no one has said anything to me about it besides family that know the journey I’m on etc. but that is fine. I’ve seen the weight on the scale come off and then my waist has been shrinking pretty good the last month or so as well. I went down a belt size (which I already had from when gaining weight) and I’ve already gone down past that belt fitting as well.

This week I put on a pair of jeans that I haven’t worn since probably February or March (yay Arizona short’s weather) and I could literally put the pants on and off while they were still zipped and buttoned.

Last edited:

Ecom man

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
496%
Apr 17, 2014
You should try intermittent fasting. Your weight will fall like a rock and, if it is suitable with your body, you will have more energy every day. Your brain gets sharper, random energy crashes will diminish, skin gets better, food tastes better. Also I noticed that I have much more energy for training. It requires some planning what and when to eat but I like this.
It is said, that we as humans, are not evolved to take food from the fridge as soon as we feel like it. So it connects with your long evolved, natural way of eating. Which means that when you look back in history, we had to work or hunt for food and then when we got it we had to eat it as soon as we could. Like Fasting, you get food only 8 hours a day and have to consume it within that window. Like we used to, hunt, skin, cook, eat and then hunt again and never know when the next meal comes. (I hope it made any sense to you, English is not ma mother tongue so I may not explain things very clearly)
It may be a little difficult to get used to it at first but when you will get used to it, it feels great.
16 hours without food and having 8 hour eating window is the most popular among people and the most sustainable for everyday life. Also, you have to be persistent with this eating style. About a month and you will see results and from there on, things get much better.
Also, while on fasting period, lets say 16 hours, you can only drink water. The idea is to not spike your insulin levels which ends up with your body entering to a state called ketosis, which means that you start to burn FAT for energy. Not carbohydrates as we are used to.
I start eating at 12am and end 8pm. And what I like about it, you don't have to go crazy with choosing what you eat(Still, healthy food is necessary not pastas and pizzas all day every day)
I’ve tried some IF before and it certainly helps but my issue with it was that I felt like I was depriving myself so couldn’t keep up with it full time as I would give in to either snacking after dinner, be starving by 10am or both. What I’m doing currently is something that I can carry through my life and do without thinking.

Ecom man

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
496%
Apr 17, 2014
Everything I’ve read says to lose about 2lbs a week I should be between 1500-1800 calories.

People blame lots of things for being fat (myself included) but they have no idea how many calories they are eating daily. For example last week I took my wife out to Olive Garden. I had one bowl of soup, 3 breadsticks and about 3/4 of a smaller entree. Total calories in that one meal? Over 1500!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Big FN congrats man! Fastlane is worthless if you don't have your health.

I started eating better and exercising 2 times a day.

Just an FYI, weight loss/fitness follows Pareto... 80% of your results will come from what you do with your DIET, not from what you do at the GYM (exercise).

You should try intermittent fasting.

IM rocks, been having a lot of success with it myself.

NVious

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Jun 12, 2015
TBH no one has said anything to me about it besides family that know the journey I’m on etc. but that is fine. I’ve seen the weight on the scale come off and then my waist has been shrinking pretty good the last month or so as well. I went down a belt size (which I already had from when gaining weight) and I’ve already gone down past that belt fitting as well.

This week I put on a pair of jeans that I haven’t worn since probably February or March (yay Arizona short’s weather) and I could literally put the pants on and off while then still being zipped and buttoned.

Hey better than nothing, I'm sure the compliments will start rolling in, keep it bro! Excellent excellent work so far!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.