The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I log EVERYTHING so you can learn from my mistakes! - H:E:A:T`s journal from zero to hero

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

H:E:A:T

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
Jul 12, 2019
Germany
Hi everyone,

first of all here is a little introduction about myself.

This here will be my journal of process. I post updates every end of week to track my process. First I thought about writing every day, but 1.) I do not wanna spam the forum and 2.) I want to address all the questions at once at the end of week which are shaking my mind.

For the tracking I found this structure:

Week: Startdate - Enddate
Overall goals: middle and longterm goals and my thoughts about them and things like whether I have to adjust some of them. They are the red line pulling me forwards
Goal of week: I will describe what my "goal of the week" was and if and how I achieved it. This is also a reminder for me to not just fake action but to take action! Mostly I will make a list of what I did an then describe how I did it.
Questions: Here I list and explain the questions whcih arouse.
Goal of next week: Here I list and explain the goals and also the steps necessary to reach the overall goals in the long run

Did I stayed focus? 1 to 10 ranking
Did I execute on my ideas? 1 to 10 ranking
Did I work out or did I do some Sports? 1 to 10 ranking
Did I spend time with family, friends and girlfriend? 1 to 10 ranking
Did I focus on my finances? 1 to 10 ranking

i know my "Did Is.." are not SMART (Specific, measurable, attractive, resonable and time bound) but I am more about to track a feeling rank or a diagram. Maybe I will also replace it with a spider diagram in real like this:

So that is it! First Log will start this sunday. I hope I get your support if I have any questions and I hope you kick my a$$ if I tend to get lazy or tell me, if you thing I am on the right track with this specific thing I reported here.

At last I thank you all for beeing this massive kind of support and feedbackbooster you are! I read in the last days since registration about 60 threads from start to end and I allready learned a lot and/ or got massively inspired and got new ideas! So thank you! I am very glad to be a part of you! And @MJ DeMarco thanks for the look behind the matrix, keep spreading your message and help people like me to break free from unscripted realm!

cheers

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Good luck! Hope to see a long journal of progress and success!

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
Jul 12, 2019
Germany
Good luck! Hope to see a long journal of progress and success!
Thanks for the words! Before I say something "you will for sure" I guess it is better to just proof it! I allready have a lot to report this week and I am excited to share it on sunday with you and ask you some questions or for advice!

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
Jul 12, 2019
Germany
So today I write my first Week journal. To set all up and explain everything at the first journal post I will look more in detail following. The next weeks it might be shorter...

Week: 15.07.2019 - 21.07.2019

Overall goals:
  • Longterm:
First I wrote a long text about how I want to build my Karma and be of value for humankind but than I realized that is not the very truth but something I want to believe about me. But I am not that, at least not 100%... My real motivation is more selfish: I want to be free of choice may it be time, location, people and purpose. Best way in my opinion to accomplish this is by making a lot of money fast and than life of it entirely... So, my overall longterm goal is to drive the fastlane... And I know, as a beginner it will be tough and challanging and so on...​
And that is why I asked myself some questions to make sure I am fully commited:​
  • Am I loving the imagination of beeing a entrepreneur or do I love the process?
    • Hard to tell if I am 100% honest... I must admit that it sounds exciting and like an adventure to be an entrepreneur... but: I am aware that it will be a lot of a pain, failure, mindfucking things on the road... I believe it is 100% an adventure, but maybe not like in the movies where the hero never dies but more like Columbus going to India (and found America...): I do not know what will come at my way to unknown lands, but I know: I have a ship with sails (maybe later it will be a speedboat...) and there is water... If I do not start that ship will never go to another unknown (and later known) land but if I do chances are there and maybe I will find a treasure island!
    • To sum this up: I am into the process but I will carefully watch myself whether that might shift. I do not want to do things to feel as an entrepreneur but to be one! And if I am totally honest: I do not care if I am called an entrepreneur if the results are the ones I reach out!
  • What am I willing to risk and give up to live unscripted ?
    • First of all: To live unscripted I have to give up scripted life, simple thought. But that is only possible if I have found out for myself how the unscripted life, the fastlane, can work for me. How to life scripted is simple and clear cause most of us are used to it. Unscripted life is new to the most of us. So: I will slightly transition from scripted to unscripted . That means I want to stay at my job and execute hard in my sparetime.
    • If you look below I rank my week by some critria and some of them are values: social life, health and finances. They are important values and will be I guess! For this I do not want to neglect my family, my friends and my girlfriend and later wife and I do not want to neglect my Sports. That means: I will keep my job, I will spend quality time with my loved ones and I will do my Sports.
    • I realized that this journey may be more a marathon than a run. So, I have to consistently spend time and afford over a long period.
    • Here is what I am willing to risk and give up: all substractions of my life like online media etc., all unproductive habits and all self-lyings, some friendships
    • here is what I am willing not to risk: my relationship to my family, my best, longterm friends and my girlfriend. My Sports cause I think the profit of it outscales the time spent
    • Leading to the next question...
  • What am I willing to do to live unscripted ?
    • Spend mostly all spare time after and before job with reaching my goal. Mostly cause as I wrote I am attending a marathon not a race so I have to take time off and consciously relax and perpare for the next steps
    • I commit to push through unknown terrain. There may be rocks or water in the way, but you know you can build a tunnel or a ship!
    • Will to learn everything necessary. I have been an autodidact for my whole life and so I am used to learn by and for myself.
    • I will give up Ego on this. E.g. I am not here to get as many likes or thumbs up but to generate results and get the input needed for this.
So, I consider myself highly commited but with an realistic view and with self awareness I hope...​
  • Middle term goal
First I asked the questions:​
  • What market I want to play in? Fitness (@MJ DeMarco I know how you talk about this market but please just listen the following an THEN tell me please honestly what you think)
  • What are the problems the people have? That is too unspecific! Who is "the people"? I mean there are so many different people in the fitness area that I maybe be specific: The professional one training for competition? The couch potato who would love to get started but lack motivation? The normal guy who is training at the gym and buys some protein shakes?
  • What does match productocracy? In my introduction I stated that I am quite good at hypnosis. That is something not everybody can do and in general it is of huge value for those people getting a Hypnocoaching or something like this. I could use it to "boost" the training results and so much more with hypnosis. The idea is to create a abo system at the long run where you have access to a lot of "boosters" e.g. hypnosis tapes to listen to, which will boost all your fitness results. That is kinda unique I guess... And all criteria is met: Control (my website, my products, my system. Maybe a little bit dependend on google ads or something... but overall: all under my control!), Entry (you must know hypnosis on a very high level), need (okay, that is something to discuss! I do not know how to do market reserach but I will learn! In general I see at what shit people in the fitness market spend hundreds of euros so I believe there is definetly money in the market and it is new and an aspect mostly overseen, so why should it not work? Before smartphones nobody knew he needed them, but after they did...), time (yes, of course I have to produce the courses and material, build a website, put in effort, get a business registered, improve every second but I guess that is what is to be done! And besides this: From time perspective it does not matter if I have 1 or 100000 customers), Scale (Online, can be provided for 1 to 1000000 with allmost the same effort, different packages can be of different price so there is a scale as well)
So, my middle term goal is to launch a product website till end of the year and create at least one product. That also include 1.) register business 2.) get firm at digital marketing and use it 3.) Learn all about product design and use it.​

Goal of week:
So this is the very first week to start with! So my goals were not so high:
  • Live preactive for this is the foundation of daily progress. That means:
    • Cook fresh: I cooked fresh like 5 out of 7 days. Two days I ate bread at dinner. I guess it is an okayish ratio but I have to improve to 100%
    • Get up at 6 am: Did it except today (I went out partying... though I got up at 8 am, that is kinda okay...)
    • Do not watch media unless it is of business purpose: Almost did it all days but Thursday and Friday I spent 2 hours in total on media...
    • Do Sports at least 5 times: Did it four times... You have to know I had a bad shoulder injury and a following operation 3 month ago. So I recognize this week I can not do it 5 times without harm my healing process... I am fine with this
  • Get an overview about the whole "start an entrepreneurial business":
    • I read a lot:
      • approximately ~ 20 goldthreads at this forum. Especially about digital marketing and online business
      • still some pages left on Unscripted (TMF 100% read) so I catched up like 150 pages.
    • I attended an "digital marketing" course at udemy (Sale from 199 to 19,99 EUR and yes I know that is a marekting gag). Also thinking of getting an access to masterclass.com. Your thoughts on it?
    • Got information about how and what type of business I should register
  • Take action. I know action as itself is worthless if there is no aim for it. I must admit that at the moment the "why I exactly should do this?" is behind some fog but I if i do nothing nothing will change and so the fog will remain infinite. So I have to start and I have to start with action cause all action is better than no action. So here we go:
    • I bought a whole homerecording set (approximately 330 EUR) because I will need it to record hypnosis:
      • Rode NT1A micro
      • Steinberg UR 22 mkII to get the micro to PC connection
      • Rode PSA1 to keep the micro in position
    • In this week I learned about recording, editing and mixing voice to a decent level with few tools.
    • In this week I produced one small 10 minute track
    • I looked at different hypnosis certificates and how to acquire them. There is an awesome course for two weeks each day from 8 am till 12 pm in october. I blocked that too weeks for holiday and will send the request tomorrow to my boss.

Questions: The following questions occured while week:
  • At the moment it is kinda chaotic acting. Do you have any advice how I should structure the "building of a business"? Since I am knew to this I would like to hear your opinion despite I can figure out what sounds reasonable for me (I am aware that I can think just stupid, not realistic things and that is why I am asking...)
  • How do you track whether you are action faking or action taking? Advice on this?
  • What do you think about my idea in general? You can be kinda brutal but please explain it so I can learn of it!
  • If you are into Fitness: I (try to) solve problems at the fitness market for you. Would you consider to answer me few questions on this very short survey so I can create something you benefit hugely? I consider betatesting too, for free of course! Are you interested?
Goal of next week:
  • Keep on living proactive
  • Record a long hypnosis and mix it so I have one record allready. It has to be of awesome audio quality so I have to work on 1.) my recording like speaking and so on and 2.) on my editing skills
  • Decide which is the right business type for me. Therefore I have to expand my researches on it from last week.
  • Work through the digital marketing course at udemy and read all Gold/ notable level threads on this forum about digital marketing
  • BUILD A STRUCTURED PLAN (time from now till end of year)
  • BUILD A DETAILED BUSINESS PLAN (write it down for myself)

I would LOVE to hear from you! Excited and up to brutal feedback! Please feel free to speak out anything out directly which might help me! And it would be amazing if you could help me with my small survey! Thank you so much for letting me be a part of you!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
Jul 12, 2019
Germany
This week was just amazing!

Week: 22.07.2019 - 28.07.2019

Overall goals: Drive the fastlane long term, middle term do it with a digital hypnosis product
Goal of week: (italic the goals - proper text my answers)
  • Keep on living proactive: I did lot of Sports this week, went up early, read a lot and experimented with recording/ sound
  • Record a long hypnosis and mix it so I have one record allready. It has to be of awesome audio quality so I have to work on 1.) my recording like speaking and so on and 2.) on my editing skills:I recorded an "long" (About 12 minutes) hypnosis with background audio and edited so it sounds kinda great. What I learned here:
    • There are so many different ways to speak and let your voice shine. So it is not only editing but of speaking into the micro the kind I like and think it is perfect. That needs practice
    • I talked to a lot of people about whether I should create my own background music. But it seems more beneficial to buy some royalty free deep relaxation music perfectly mixed for some buks and edit/ mix it together with my voice. Special effects can be mixed in...
    • I have to be in the right state of mind so my voice sounds nice and deep and relaxing... prefarable it is on weekend after gym in the morning...
    • If you need advice which mic to use, which backgroundmusic I found and so on just ask me!
  • Decide which is the right business type for me. Therefore I have to expand my researches on it from last week:I guess I will start as a "single business" which is called "Einzelgewerbe" in Germany.
    • Pros: Easy registration, no bilance needed only cost overrun, no seedmoney needed
    • Cons: I am accountable with all my personal money
    • Therefore: I consider changing my personal liability insurance with a business one.
  • Work through the digital marketing course at udemy and read all Gold/ notable level threads on this forum about digital marketing: I am half way through the course. First run through will be like getting an ovberview. Second run through will be applying this step by step. What I learned or more important also my personal findings:
    • I know know the basics of building a webpage, seo optimize it, find keywords, how to copyright etc. remember: basics and theory! Need to put this into action... What I am still missing is:
    • youtube, quora, twitter, facebook, etc. marketing (but I will learn this the next week)
    • I found it very helpful to look through all the tools google offers and there are somethings I definatly will try e.g. google survey!
  • BUILD A STRUCTURED PLAN (time from now till end of year)
    • Structured plan is finished but it is rudimental
    • it is like:
      • till October: learn digital marketing, learn about website installing (all included also webhosting), learn how to market survey, learn how to record nice tapes and mix them AND EXECUTE ALL OF THEM
      • October: I registered for a 2 weeks hardcore hypnosis bootcamp, Oktober is the month of learning new skill which I need for the product
      • November - Dezember: Produce at least one product. Better less than more but of quality! It must be an "ahhh!" situation for the one listening to it.
    • while I think the timetable till October is kinda hard to realize, I think the production in 2 month is kinda realistic.
    • Overall goal: Launch this year with one product
  • BUILD A DETAILED BUSINESS PLAN (write it down for myself)
    • More questions arristed here than were answered, e.g
      • Should I offer a hypnosis as a purchase or as a abo-system with different bundles (e.g. bronze, gold, diamond with different amounts of hypnosis tapes included)?
      • Should I sell at all or produce "free" content e.g. hypnosis-tapes on youtube and monetize it (vs seeling it on webpage)?
      • Should I sell it e.g. on amazon (more people (scale) vs commandment of control)
      • Should I narrow down my target group and only produce in a special segment or do I just googlereserach which keywords are searched most often and then I offer exactly that? So: Get one group heavily committed or wide it up to reach more different people but the people might not be frequenters...
    • Maybe you could give me some advice?
Goal of next week:
  • I must not forget to relax! It is a marathon not a race and so to bear all of that I have to consitently move forwards! So: Taking some minutes to meditate or go out to the fresh air should be a daily habit and I will install this one!
  • I finish the digital marketing course
  • I have an offer for an business liability insurance + I have a business registered
  • I talked to the responible person at work so he/ she knows what I am doing in the future (I have to!)
  • i worked on my voice and found a way that my voice sounds like I want it to sound...

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
Jul 12, 2019
Germany
I log EVERYTHING for YOU! - H:E:A:T`s journey from zero to hero
Week: 29.07.2019 - 04.08.2019

Overall goals: Drive the fastlane long term, middle term do it with a digital hypnosis product

Goal of this week (italic the goals - proper text my answers):
  • I must not forget to relax! It is a marathon not a race and so to bear all of that I have to consitently move forwards! So: Taking some minutes to meditate or go out to the fresh air should be a daily habit and I will install this one!
In general I tried to relax sometimes, but I was to excited to push forwards so I forgot a little bit about it! Nevertheless I spent whole Saturday off first with friends hiking with really good friends and fresh talks and new ideas. One friend is just doing her PhD in psychology and she thinks my idea is amazing. Well, I know she can give me good advice, but as she is a friend of mine and therefore not so harsh on critics I am aware I will peercheck my idea before I start into production! The day was finished by an amazing birthday party with some barbecue :)
Here you can see the beautiful and worldfamous 'Weltenburg' monastery, where we hiked a 15km trail:​

• I finish the digital marketing course
I finished it! YES! And now....? Well, now I go back to every unit and EXECUTE on it.​
That includes:​
  • Building a website including a sales system:
    • What about Wordpress + WooCommerce for first start? There are so many tutorials out there and it is free at start
    • Getting a cheap webspace like 4€/month or so, including a topleveldomain. Later on if it rocks and I get more and more viewer I can switch to a better, faster or whatever is needed webspace and keep my site + my domain.
  • Getting on Facebook, Instagram, Youtube, Twitter and maybe also on Quora and Pinterest
  • Next step:
    • Marketanalysis on Facebook, Instagram, Youtube and Twitter : Modeling the best ones in my business area, get a FIRST style to use (image, writing, logo, times-how-often-I-can-post-constitantly etc.)!
    • Create and post short VALUABLE content!
Also, i reached out to an 90k+ influencer on instagram and got personal response! - Besides huge help the influencer provide 3 things stand out:​
  1. If you have an Instagram account you can only post one link in your bio. Solve this by using Linktree which is a free service where you can direct your viewer to a side with more links like one to your youtube channel, one to your facebook page and one to your website
  2. Make sure to link between your channels: Post a short message with some pics on instagram and link it to the described youtube video and your website, also twitter about it so you get a chain of your channels up! Make small appetizers!
  3. Model the people in your business! Look at the most followed etc. channels and analyze what they are doing. If you can do it too, just model it!

• I have an offer for an business liability insurance + I have a business registered
While I have the first accomplished (it is around 120 €/year for a good insurance) I did not register my business and here are the reasons:​

• I only need a business if I sell. And at the moment I do not have a product yet. So, for administartion stuff it is way much easier to 1.) produce and 2.) see if it sells and then 3.) if that exceed more sells I register my business
  • I am not quite sure 1.) about the name and 2.) the best legal form (yes, I told you I will start as a "Kleingewerbe" but that is just a act of 15 minutes at the local town hall so I "have time" to think more out of the box!

• I talked to the responible person at work so he/ she knows what I am doing in the future (I have to!)
No, so see the points above! It just do not make sense now! Maybe I could announce that it may be an issue in half a year but that sounds so meh... do it first, then tell it! They can only forbid it if it is against the companies interests (and it is completely another business sector...), so I am quite safe here!​

• i worked on my voice and found a way that my voice sounds like I want it to sound...
I executed HARD on this one! While this week I probably created around 60 mins of voice snippets and tried different speaking kinds, mixing and editing settings and got a better feeling for my equipment.​
Goal of next week:
  • Create a Brand name! How can I do it? This week is all about getting a good, simple and exciting brandname I can use on all media! That also includes checking for availability on .com/.de, twitter, instagram, facebook and so on... Why I think this is the task of the week? Cause everything on setup depends on it and I probably have to live with it a long time! If you have any advice on creating a personal hypnotist brand please tell me!
  • Record one 80% hypnosis prototype. Topic will be: Better sleep after stressful day! - How to relax from a stressful day and get real recreative sleep! Why I do it? Well, my girlfriend is working shift and she is massively exhausted after work but too nervous to sleep well so I decided to help her and others with this typical problem... The record will be with a nice background sound.

On last thread I got huge positive response via private messages so I wanna thank you a lot! That is motivating me MASSIVELY to include also some bonus value for you! If you enjoy my journey thread please feel free to answer on it or PM me, I 100% respond back withing 24h! And please engage in my thread: ask questions, give advice, do not spare me some harsh (constructive) feedback, I can take it!

At last I would be pleased if you would take part in my 1 minute only survey on hypnosis in Sports, which will help me produce hypnosis of huge value for YOU!

And here is my spiderdiagram of this week:

I put a lot of effort into this post. Do you like it, do you have questions, can you give answers or so? What do you think about my business? WHich advices do you have? What do you think about my changes to layouting the post? Please answer me!

So, now I am out of here... EXECUTING! :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.