Wow, I never thought of a thank you like I was GIVING something away. Thanks for opening up my mind.You may be tempted to lurk - in this forum, other forums, or in life.
You'll do better to participate instead.
Worried you don’t have value to add?
Start by giving thanks.
If you read something you like then don’t just hit the Like button.
Quote it, thank the poster, and explain why it helped you.
Here’s what’ll happen:
1) You’ll help the poster realise they’re not posting to the void.
2) You’ll encourage them to post again.
3) You’ll help them keep going, possibly through dark times.
4) You’ll get into the habit of “giving thanks” where you explain how it’s helped you.
5) You’ll start being seen as someone who appreciates and supports others.
6) You’ll slowly move from team consumer to team producer.
7) You’ll start making friends, building relationships, and creating win-wins (the essence of business).
Try it and see what happens.
Come back and thank me later.
Video version added Sep-2022:
Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.