Thank you for posting this. This is a beautiful piece of advice and a reminder that we can still be present and participate online and not just in person. I do find myself lurking on the internet and also becoming a mindless consumer at times.You may be tempted to lurk - in this forum, other forums, or in life.
You'll do better to participate instead.
Worried you don’t have value to add?
Start by giving thanks.
If you read something you like then don’t just hit the Like button.
Quote it, thank the poster, and explain why it helped you.
Here’s what’ll happen:
1) You’ll help the poster realise they’re not posting to the void.
2) You’ll encourage them to post again.
3) You’ll help them keep going, possibly through dark times.
4) You’ll get into the habit of “giving thanks” where you explain how it’s helped you.
5) You’ll start being seen as someone who appreciates and supports others.
6) You’ll slowly move from team consumer to team producer.
7) You’ll start making friends, building relationships, and creating win-wins (the essence of business).
Try it and see what happens.
Come back and thank me later.
This season has been a tougher one due to so much isolation and changes from job to business, and general family craziness.
I've made it a plan to be more present, grateful and happy in 2022 and beyond, and this is something I am incorporating into my life and intentional interactions. Thank you!
Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.