The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Dominos Online Checkout Experience

dknise

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Aug 29, 2012
North Bend, WA
I think it's about time someone bring this up...

Have you ever ordered from Dominos online? It's absolutely incredible. Their user experience is so incredibly flawless, easy, and enjoyable that it makes me order there more than I ever should!

Throughout the checkout experience, they have several up sell opportunities that they use perfectly. I often give in haha.

Just looking at the whole company restructure starting from the ingredients up has just been phenomenal. There are few companies in the world that I look at and go "damn... these people get it," and Dominos is one of them.

While this may be the most off-beaten, unhealthy, fan boy post of all time, if you haven't ordered from them at least go through the checkout experience on their website, watch their promotional material, and see what they've done the last few years. Exactly how a company should be run. I think a lot of business lessons can be learned from them.

...I'm gonna go pick up my pizza now :driving:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Yankee427

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Jan 17, 2011
NJ
Their commercials are always quite catchy. Ill have to look at their online checkout.

It's too bad their pizza is not the greatest, but I guess its the best they can do from frozen dough. I'm used to New York Pizza so I can't really compare much to that.

D

DeletedUser394

I like how they do live updates on the order, so rather than looking out the window every five minutes I get a notification when my pizza goes out the door for delivery.

Jake

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
May 15, 2011
Bangkok
Dominos is starting to sprout up around the city but they won't deliver to my location so I haven't tried them out yet. They're going to have to compete with Pizza Company who is fairly dominant out here. They have a nice online ordering process as well.

Clayton

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Oct 9, 2012
San Diego
I'll admit, we eat Dominos more than we should. They have free delivery with ShopRunner, so sometimes it's just too convenient not to order it. Maybe there is a lesson in that.

exige

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Aug 20, 2013
Bucks County, PA
Their mobile site is pretty good too. The only thing I don't like is that they try to force you to the domino's location that is closest to you. So I always had to make up an address near the location I want to get it from (clean/new/taken care of domino's) instead of the closest one (that was rundown and now out of business).

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Funny I see this thread just now - yesterday my wife was telling me how awesome she thought the online ordering system was at Dominos (we had never actually ordered from them before).

If only their pizza was as good as their online order system :p

NaPal

Done > Perfect
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Apr 16, 2012
USA
agreed. Their user experience is excellent. I love the pizza tracker. A+

robotunicr0n

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Jan 16, 2013
I remember the old opinions about Dominos when I was a kid. "It tastes like cardboard!" "It is so crappy!" "Blah blah blah!" And they were all true.

My first slowlane job was all about being a World Class company. During all-hands meetings, people would share world class experiences. Dominos, to me, stands out as one of the most world class companies in the world. They took the criticism and they changed. Reinvented the recipe, changed the whole tune of their advertising, and essenitally pioneered/made common online food ordering. And they did it with flashy and fast graphics. The pizza is now delicious, and delivery times are amazing. I'm equally impressed by their new delivery car initiative. They won over so many people by allowing their fans to design and build the best pizza delivery car.

I'm disappointed my Hiro Protagonist look-alike deliver car didn't get accepted, but IT SHOULD HAVE! Still.. Dominos is doing good things, and in my opinion deserve every single dollar they earn. And they are earning billions of them.

1PercentStreet

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
May 16, 2012
Vegas
Just goes to show you DON'T need the best product in the world to make a customer happy or buy from you.

This checkout process was revealed in a behavioral psychology conference I attended last month, absolutely amazing how they have transformed.
Have something delivered to your door, they will actually show you the process of it being made to delivery at your door.

dknise

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Aug 29, 2012
North Bend, WA
1PercentStreet said:
Just goes to show you DON'T need the best product in the world to make a customer happy or buy from you.

You must have not ordered it in 10 years haha cause their pizza is incredible. I can get a medium from them for $6 and it's the highest quality pizza in the < $20 market. I'd have to go to a premium, specialty, sit down pizza place and pay $30 to get a better one!

robotunicr0n said:
I remember the old opinions about Dominos when I was a kid. "It tastes like cardboard!" "It is so crappy!" "Blah blah blah!" And they were all true.

My first slowlane job was all about being a World Class company. During all-hands meetings, people would share world class experiences. Dominos, to me, stands out as one of the most world class companies in the world. They took the criticism and they changed. Reinvented the recipe, changed the whole tune of their advertising, and essenitally pioneered/made common online food ordering. And they did it with flashy and fast graphics. The pizza is now delicious, and delivery times are amazing. I'm equally impressed by their new delivery car initiative. They won over so many people by allowing their fans to design and build the best pizza delivery car.

Exactly! It's crazy to see a business do what they did. I believe McDonald's made a lot of the same changes, they're just much more prominent in Dominos.

1PercentStreet

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
May 16, 2012
Vegas
You must have not ordered it in 10 years haha cause their pizza is incredible. I can get a medium from them for $6 and it's the highest quality pizza in the < $20 market. I'd have to go to a premium, specialty, sit down pizza place and pay $30 to get a better one!

Matter of opinion :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.