The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Does anyone like the thrill of self-sabotage?

Anything related to matters of the mind

SpartanWarrior77

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
May 3, 2016
Sometimes, I wonder if I like the thrill of self-sabotaging all of my efforts and then rebuilding my momentum. I hate the result of course because I regret it every single time. But it's weird because although I'm extremely aware of the consequences of my choices, I sometimes get into a weird mood where I undo all of the positive momentum I have created....

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
This isn't necessarily always self-sabotage. I naturally do this in life. The natural process is to create something from materialism. If you look at like this, if you're a builder of a house, you may not know how to create a strong foundation. What materials you use, tools, resources, and knowledge may be at a certain point in 2014. The more you practice your skills, get familiar with materials, find new tools, find new resources, and gain knowledge, you've grown and matured in certain ways. So, in 2017 you may look at the old building. It may lack in areas. Weak foundation, leaking roof, the materials might not create a stable structure. It might be off balance, crooked, lop sided. You may knock the old building down, excavate the land, and start over with the new materials, tools, resources, and knowledge and come out with a better building.

Example of this was in 1997 when the condominiums were built without following code of building materials, and a bad storm came along and created a lot of damage to the condominiums. They tore it down and rebuilt them stronger.

Self-sabotage is in 2017 when you have the new and still keep building by the old way of doing things, and purposely deliberately creating something you know isn't going to work.

MidwestLandlord

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
759%
Dec 6, 2016
Sometimes, I wonder if I like the thrill of self-sabotaging all of my efforts and then rebuilding my momentum. I hate the result of course because I regret it every single time. But it's weird because although I'm extremely aware of the consequences of my choices, I sometimes get into a weird mood where I undo all of the positive momentum I have created....

Well, sure.

It's easier on your ego to fail now and say you tried, than it is to fail after genuinely trying.

Ultra Magnus

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
194%
Oct 9, 2015
I've had that feeling near approaching deadlines when I would lapse into aggressive procrastination, just to see if I could make it in the absolute last minute. Unsurprisingly, the results have been lacklustre, to say the least.

E.g. I left formatting my PhD thesis and adding the massive bibliography for the last day before submission. I slept maybe an hour as a result. Later, my professor informed me that my thesis didn't have a table of contents (ca. 250 pages, good luck navigating that!) I had to print it out again, buy a hard cover and send it to one of my reviewers using a courier. The work of 6 six years, rushed at the last minute... How utterly pathetic!

Here's a classic story on the subject written by Poe:

The Imp of the Perverse | The Works of Edgar Allan Poe | Edgar Allan Poe | Lit2Go ETC

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

LPPC

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Mar 6, 2016
Self-sabotage is a real thing. I notice it in myself and it indeed pushes you backwards in your progress. I think that humans sabotage themselves because of past traumas and unresolved emotions. It's actually your subconscious mind determining the habits that make you self-sabotage. Many spiritual (and psychological) teachers address this. A book I'm reading and executing on to heal these emotional baggages is Letting go by David R. Hawkins.

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
Self-sabotage is a real thing. I notice it in myself and it indeed pushes you backwards in your progress. I think that humans sabotage themselves because of past traumas and unresolved emotions. It's actually your subconscious mind determining the habits that make you self-sabotage. Many spiritual (and psychological) teachers address this. A book I'm reading and executing on to heal these emotional baggages is Letting go by David R. Hawkins.

very few people manage to reach adulthood with a brain free from all the stupidities of society, parents and their peer

author Brian Tracy says that a lot of people in their 40s and even 50s are still angry at their parents for all the BS that they had to endure.

i admit, i would like to slap my father for all the nonsense i had to endure

but since i am at a superior level of understanding i will just ignore him and other people like him : the pawns

eagles don't destroy crows that are harrassing them in the sky while they have the power to do it

they just ignore them

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.