The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Does anyone have a service with this business model.

Twiizlar

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Mar 4, 2012
I found a niche where there is a lot of buying and selling going on.

I want to offer a service where I would buy the items people are trying to sell but I would offer cold hard cash on the spot. It may not be as much as selling it yourself but it is for people who want to sell quick and not go through the hassle of selling.

On my website they would put in info of product (name, condition, pictures) and after I review the pictures I will offer money. This will be below market value. Say I buy it for $80 and then I go through the "hassle" of selling it on eBay/craigslist/amazon. I could easily sell it for $120.

Most people in this niche only deal locally when selling their items (craigslist) so they don't know how to sell online. I still have to work out how shipping would work as I need to see the product to make sure it's not fake.

I feel like this would be hard to explain to an oversee website developer? Maybe their is a website/script already like this?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

StartupsRFun

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
Jul 2, 2013
I found a niche where there is a lot of buying and selling going on.

I want to offer a service where I would buy the items people are trying to sell but I would offer cold hard cash on the spot. It may not be as much as selling it yourself but it is for people who want to sell quick and not go through the hassle of selling.

On my website they would put in info of product (name, condition, pictures) and after I review the pictures I will offer money. This will be below market value. Say I buy it for $80 and then I go through the "hassle" of selling it on eBay/craigslist/amazon. I could easily sell it for $120.

Most people in this niche only deal locally when selling their items (craigslist) so they don't know how to sell online. I still have to work out how shipping would work as I need to see the product to make sure it's not fake.

I feel like this would be hard to explain to an oversee website developer? Maybe their is a website/script already like this?

There isnt some type of online pawn shop? Seems like it would be tough, but good luck

tafy

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Aug 21, 2013
UK
Yes this business model exists already in few places like gold, cds, cars, real estate. Read up on how those industries make their cash from this business model

Customers are lazy so there is definately a need for this kind of thing, what most do is they send in their sneakers to you for free and you then offer them a price or they can have it shipped back, the price you offer is much lower than the £80 you suggested but more like 40-60 dollars

Twiizlar

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Mar 4, 2012
Yes this business model exists already in few places like gold, cds, cars, real estate. Read up on how those industries make their cash from this business model

Customers are lazy so there is definately a need for this kind of thing, what most do is they send in their sneakers to you for free and you then offer them a price or they can have it shipped back, the price you offer is much lower than the £80 you suggested but more like 40-60 dollars
The thing is if I do this then most people wont like thee price I'm giving them. Therefore I would waste $40 shipping it back and forth( around $20) this way.

I would do an escrow type service? I would offer them money and "send" it but they only officialy receive the money after I check the sneakers are up to par with the information and pictures. This way shipping isn't wasted and they pay return shipping if the shoe is fake or in bad condition.

How would I tell a freelancer to develop this website? I feel like it would be hard to explain

camcam

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Dec 19, 2013
UK
I like the idea but is it worth doing? I mean theres been several items I've wanted a fast sell with and I've just run a 24hour auction on ebay for a fast sell. I see where your coming from but I think you can come up with a better idea of a need.

Twiizlar

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Mar 4, 2012
I like the idea but is it worth doing? I mean theres been several items I've wanted a fast sell with and I've just run a 24hour auction on ebay for a fast sell. I see where your coming from but I think you can come up with a better idea of a need.
Ok i will tell you i plan to buy and sell sneakers. Most people who buy these sneakers ( "Jordans, Kobes, Lebrons" ) only sell locally because they dont want to get into online (ebay). They usually want money fast so they can buy the next sneaker.

Right now most people sell on facebook groups which can be a hassle because they have to find a seller/ workout a deal/ and meet up somewhere. Based on my experience it takes 3/4 days to finally sell the shoes. Now my business while buy your shoe right away. Ill try it out i just have to figure out shipping and what to do if i recieve fake shoes (ill most likely use escrow)

ralphT

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
45%
Mar 25, 2012
South FL
Why are you trying to start a different type of sneaker business when you already have sneakercount.com ? It seems like you're pushing it to the side to focus on something similar. Just wondering.

Twiizlar

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Mar 4, 2012
Why are you trying to start a different type of sneaker business when you already have sneakercount.com ? It seems like you're pushing it to the side to focus on something similar. Just wondering.
Sneaker Count is still my main focus. But it doesnt take a lot of time to handle (1 hour each day) so i want to work with something else. This other idea i will be working with physical products and thats what i like about it. Also i will have money rolling in faster.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.