The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Documenting my journey to 100M

Would you watch a weekly vlog, documenting the journey of an entrepreneur from $0 to $100M?

• For sure!

• Nope.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Plasma

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Aug 4, 2017
Scottsdale, AZ
Too busy to write up a novel, but here's some background on me, and essentially why I am joining this community. (PS - I have a question for you readers as well).

About me:
- 24 years old
- Have a family of business owners
- Have built 4 small companies, sold 3
- Currently spending my time selling in the B2B world part time to grow my skills in sales, while building a web service business, which I plan to sell in 2018 to fund my ecommerce brand.

Why I joined:
- To keep myself even more accountable
- To surround myself with doers/builders/entrepreneurs
- To get feedback on my journey
- To help others along the way, share things I have learned; bring value
- Ultimately, to document my journey from essentially nothing, to 100M (more on precisely why 100M, later)

I look forward to interacting with all of you. I'm going back into the weeds to work my a$$ off, and to strategize the documentation of my journey.

- Plamsa

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Tanisha

Bronze Contributor
Jun 16, 2017
sacramento
Too busy to write up a novel, but here's some background on me, and essentially why I am joining this community. (PS - I have a question for you readers as well).

About me:
- 24 years old
- Currently spending my time selling in the B2B world part time to grow my skills in sales, while building a web service business, which I plan to sell in 2018 to fund my ecommerce brand.

Why I joined:
- To keep myself even more accountable
- To surround myself with doers/builders/entrepreneurs
- To get feedback on my journey
- To help others along the way, share things I have learned; bring value
- Ultimately, to document my journey from essentially nothing, to 100M (more on precisely why 100M, later)

I look forward to interacting with all of you. I'm going back into the weeds to work my a$$ off, and to strategize the documentation of my journey.

- Plamsa

i would be interested if you start with absolutly no money and no connections just a fast food wage, no car no home etc in the beginning

Iammelissamoore

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
239%
Sep 23, 2014
Trinidad and Tobago
Plasma, welcome aboard, super cool to hear about your journey as time flows, congrats on the quest thus far also, you're in a great space.

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Welcome!

That's AWESOME!

You've clearly put in some hard work and hustle up to this point.

Can't wait to see what you can do and share here. I think a lot of us would love to hear about anything you've learned from your previous business sales - a lot of folks here strive towards getting just one of those and you have 3 so far! Surely a ton of value floating around in those experiences :)

Regarding your poll - I'd honestly put "maybe" if it was an option. If you put out a killer, short, exciting vlog where real progress and learning experiences happen every video, I'd watch every one. If every video is 1.5 hours long of droning on and you just sitting in front of a camera talking, I'd likely be a "no". So it really depends how you do it. Make it would and it could be gold though.

Welcome to the forum :)

Ubermensch

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jul 7, 2008
Chicago

What types of businesses?

Same question as above.

- Currently spending my time selling in the B2B world part time to grow my skills in sales,

What types of businesses are you selling to?

Who is the key decision-maker: Owner/CEO, some other chief executive, controller, operations, etc?

Plasma

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Aug 4, 2017
Scottsdale, AZ
i would be interested if you start with absolutly no money and no connections just a fast food wage, no car no home etc in the beginning
Understood. I'm not starting from zero; I have the necessities. But I am starting from -$X,XXX due to a major loss I had in a recent business. Major risk, major reward, didn't work out..

Plasma

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Aug 4, 2017
Scottsdale, AZ
Plasma, welcome aboard, super cool to hear about your journey as time flows, congrats on the quest thus far also, you're in a great space.
I appreciate it! The biggest hurdle I am facing right now is getting to a place with income where I can work on my business full time. Yeah, this forum is awesome so far!

Plasma

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Aug 4, 2017
Scottsdale, AZ
You've clearly put in some hard work and hustle up to this point.

Can't wait to see what you can do and share here. I think a lot of us would love to hear about anything you've learned from your previous business sales - a lot of folks here strive towards getting just one of those and you have 3 so far! Surely a ton of value floating around in those experiences :)

Regarding your poll - I'd honestly put "maybe" if it was an option. If you put out a killer, short, exciting vlog where real progress and learning experiences happen every video, I'd watch every one. If every video is 1.5 hours long of droning on and you just sitting in front of a camera talking, I'd likely be a "no". So it really depends how you do it. Make it would and it could be gold though.

I sure have. I would estimate that I spent about 2,000 hours building each of the businesses I have sold, and that experience adds up. I spent even more time than that in a recent business that failed.

I'll definitely write a nice, long post about each of the businesses I grew and sold, there definitely is a ton of value to be shared!

Yeah, the vlog poll wasn't really important as I wouldn't be starting it right now. I know it would work, as I would be creating videos that are creatively shot, edited down to under 10 minutes. A close example would be videos like this:
View: https://youtu.be/25NjPTg-Ldw?list=PLfA33-E9P7FA-A72QKBw3noWuQbaVXqSD

Plasma

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Aug 4, 2017
Scottsdale, AZ
What types of businesses?

What types of businesses are you selling to?

Who is the key decision-maker: Owner/CEO, some other chief executive, controller, operations, etc?

- A 35-person CPA/audit/wealth management firm, a tax credit consulting firm, a trailer parts wholesaler, a framing/construction business, a commercial painting business. I know I am leaving out a few others, but I can't remember. I have 29 aunts/uncles lol.
- I am selling to small/medium businesses in the architecture, engineering, manufacturing and technology industries, and in most cases I am reaching out to meet with the shareholders/owners of the business. If it's a larger company, I typically meet with the CFO, or both CFO and business partners.

Plasma

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Aug 4, 2017
Scottsdale, AZ
Why 100M, why not 1B?

I'm also on the path to make 1B net worth.

I have a good idea of the lifestyle required to build a 1B empire. As of now, I don't have a driving force of motivation to reach the 1B number. Although I am cognizant of the fact that once I hit 1M for example, things may change. The laddering up effect ;)

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Usually when I see these "0 to 100M" threads I shake my head and doubt. However you do have a successful body of work already so, why not?

Good luck, as others have mentioned, would love to hear about your prior wins.

cognizant of the fact that once I hit 1M for example, things may change.

Not sure it will be at the $1M mark, but they will change.

Iammelissamoore

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
239%
Sep 23, 2014
Trinidad and Tobago
I appreciate it! The biggest hurdle I am facing right now is getting to a place with income where I can work on my business full time. Yeah, this forum is awesome so far!
Lovely, and as you continue to focus on such, you'll continue acting and make it happen.

Last edited:

Plasma

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Aug 4, 2017
Scottsdale, AZ
Not sure it will be at the $1M mark, but they will change.

Thanks MJ! Just reading your first book years ago completely changed my life, mindset, choices, friends, etc.

Another things that has helped me a lot is surrounding myself with people much smarter than myself. It's cliche, but very few people actually do it. They are scared that they will be rejected. My view is you never know what will happen unless you ask. If they say no because of their time commitments, or they don't see how they will get any value, you can always follow up with them later :)

Ornlu The Wolf

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Aug 8, 2017
Mongolia
Why 1B, why not 100B? If you're going to pick an arbitrary and ridiculously large number, why not shoot for the moon?

Better yet, why not focus on achieving some smaller goals first, then start thinking about becoming a billionaire...

Because there isn't any 100B'ers yet and I doubt I will ever be one. But there are more than 2000 people with at least 1B net worth.

If 2000 people can, I can too. That's my shooting for the moon.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...