The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Do you work 5 days/week or 7 days/week?

Hai

Beauty is Truth
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Jan 1, 2015
Wondering! Back then I was pulling 7 days/week without any off days. It´s great to keep the flow.
However I´ve been experimenting with 5 days/week lately. Saturdays for recreational activities and Sundays as an off day mostly doing planning or calming activities.
How does your week look like?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

WestCoast

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
313%
Jan 20, 2008
Rhode Island for now.
From starting business till now, very roughly:

Years 0-2: 7 days a week, 10-14 hour days. Major holidays only time off.
Years 3-8: 6 or 7 days a week, but I did take two vacations.
Years 9-14: 5.5 days a week, but I was taking maybe 4 major vacations each year.
Years 15+: zero days a week

The first two years, it was just working in the office 730am to 7pm M-F. Longer whenever needed.
Weekends, I was traveling to events. Leave Friday night, work all weekend, back to office Sunday night, tidy up and be back at work in the morning.

Slept at the office a few times - which I didn't love (no shower, nothing...just, wake up and work)
That's was very disorienting for me.

But, now after 15 years of that, I have been to the office maybe 10 hours in all of 2020.
Mostly checking my mail and I helped the team on one crazy day.
Otherwise, they do it all, and I spend 1-2 hours a week checking email, otherwise, not working now :)

Quite the reversal when I write it out like this!

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019
From starting business till now, very roughly:

Years 0-2: 7 days a week, 10-14 hour days. Major holidays only time off.
Years 3-8: 6 or 7 days a week, but I did take two vacations.
Years 9-14: 5.5 days a week, but I was taking maybe 4 major vacations each year.
Years 15+: zero days a week

The first two years, it was just working in the office 730am to 7pm M-F. Longer whenever needed.
Weekends, I was traveling to events. Leave Friday night, work all weekend, back to office Sunday night, tidy up and be back at work in the morning.

Slept at the office a few times - which I didn't love (no shower, nothing...just, wake up and work)
That's was very disorienting for me.

But, now after 15 years of that, I have been to the office maybe 10 hours in all of 2020.
Mostly checking my mail and I helped the team on one crazy day.
Otherwise, they do it all, and I spend 1-2 hours a week checking email, otherwise, not working now :)

Quite the reversal when I write it out like this!
kudos to you for achieving this life, I hope you are enjoying it:).

by the way checking email for 1-2 a week is not working at all.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
5 days a week + most of Sat, and a couple hours max on Sunday.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
Wondering! Back then I was pulling 7 days/week without any off days. It´s great to keep the flow.
However I´ve been experimenting with 5 days/week lately. Saturdays for recreational activities and Sundays as an off day mostly doing planning or calming activities.
How does your week look like?
When I wake up everyday I write down what Tasks I plan to finish that day.

I do not really have an off-day. Unless you take a pay cheque to be an employee for someone else, there is no distinction between work and non-work.

Whether it is drafting a proposal to your business client, or changing your kid’s diapers and do laundry, or making an effort to spend 45 min in a gym, these are all “work” that is necessary to drive your life forward. It is all for your own agenda and it is not about pleasure and fun.

An off-day to me sounds like a specific day that you literally did nothing remotely important that serves any meaningful purposes...Of course I can think of exception like vacations and sleeping to recover from an illness.

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
It ebbs and flows for me. Currently working most everyday but just paddling for a month until we move locations and I can switch verticals.

Over the years I've worked 7 days a week long term, then 5 half days and 2 full a week. Then down to 2 half days.

That led down to 2 hours a week and the rest of the week spent fishing and days out with the family.

The next business pretty much went the same way, invest your time up front for time freedom on the backend.

This new one will be similar but the 7 days a week will be a few months not a few years, then probably a couple of hours first thing in the morning to keep everything flowing nicely.

Work smart, not hard wherever you can. You can always get more money, you can't get more time so spend it wisely.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.