The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Do you use Facebook Chat Bots for marketing?

Marketing, social media, advertising

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Do you use Facebook chat bots for your business?

I've seen some advertisements from Mixergy selling a training course that teaches people how to create chat bots and sell it to business owners for $1,500 a pop (Gold Rush Shovels).

Basically, they appear to be like Email marketing - but instead of sending it to the email (or spam/promotions tab), you can communicate with your brand directly through Facebook Messenger (just like you talk to your friends).

@johnp send me a link to this company who allows you to create one for free and then pay $$ monthly for premium features and a larger subscriber-base ($10+):

ManyChat – The easiest way to create Facebook Messenger bot (no affiliation on my end - just the first service I found that offers it)

The hype:
  • 80%-100% open rates of your messages vs low open rates in email marketing.
  • 30%+ click through rates for links.
  • Almost nobody is using it yet.
My concerns:
  • Losing control of your list - Ideally I'd like to find a way to add them to an email list AND through Facebook.
I'm testing it out now with a few of my websites, and I'm wondering if anyone here is currently big into this/getting results?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mick Hayes

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 16, 2015
Ireland

I've seen some advertisements from Mixergy selling a training course that teaches people how to create chat bots and sell it to business owners for $1,500 a pop (Gold Rush Shovels).

Basically, they appear to be like Email marketing - but instead of sending it to the email (or spam/promotions tab), you can communicate with your brand directly through Facebook Messenger (just like you talk to your friends).

@johnp send me a link to this company who allows you to create one for free and then pay $$ monthly for premium features and a larger subscriber-base ($10+):

ManyChat – The easiest way to create Facebook Messenger bot (no affiliation on my end - just the first service I found that offers it)

The hype:
My concerns:
  • Losing control of your list - Ideally I'd like to find a way to add them to an email list AND through Facebook.
I'm testing it out now with a few of my websites, and I'm wondering if anyone here is currently big into this/getting results?

Apparently Chatfuel will do the same as ManyChat but it's free.

Also, there is a fairly detailed guide here:
The Complete Guide to ChatBots for Messenger Marketing Funnels (with instructions for marketers to make your own bot) - Mind Heros

They appear to be promoting a chatbot building service as opposed to the
Mixergy course.

BlindSide

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Mar 16, 2017
Los Angeles

The hype:
My concerns:

I'm very interested in this as well, saw the webinar and all. Can't afford the course, so might try to do it myself.

Many businesses could use these it seems. Glad to see them mentioned on here!

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Apparently Chatfuel will do the same as ManyChat but it's free.

Also, there is a fairly detailed guide here:
The Complete Guide to ChatBots for Messenger Marketing Funnels (with instructions for marketers to make your own bot) - Mind Heros

They appear to be promoting a chatbot building service as opposed to the
Mixergy course.
Thanks! I'll be checking out the guide.

Through the Facebook developer platform (free), they have instructions for creating a bot too.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
I'm very interested in this as well, saw the webinar and all. Can't afford the course, so might try to do it myself.

Many businesses could use these it seems. Glad to see them mentioned on here!
you could def do it yourself if you know how to code a bit and are willing to learn. Follow @Fox 'a thread on selling websites. Sales process there should be applicable here too (with a few adjustments to what you're selling )

BlindSide

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Mar 16, 2017
Los Angeles
you could def do it yourself if you know how to code a bit and are willing to learn. Follow @Fox 'a thread on selling websites. Sales process there should be applicable here too (with a few adjustments to what you're selling )

Definitely agree, that's what I noticed when on their sales page.

Overall, the more I research it, it does seem to have massive potential. I'm wondering if it can apply to those big businesses Fox does mention in the thread though. Would be a great opportunity there!

johnp

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Aug 29, 2011
Philly

Just to add to this..

I really believe in the future of chatbots, but at the same time two things have crossed my mind, which I could be completely wrong about.

1) I don't think they will ever replace email. I keep seeing people compare chatbots to email marketing, but I think chatbots are more like SMS. Also, the same people who are comparing chatbots to email marketing are failing to take into account the fact that email is really starting to change. Everything in email is moving towards engagement based marketing. If anybody saw what Gmail is doing on the machine learning side with their Spam filters then they would know exactly what I'm talking about. If anything, I think Email is going to outperform chatbots for a long long time.

2) I first discovered chatbots from a Mixergy/Foundation podcast. While I do believe in the hype, I'd also saw a number of red flags. Mixergy is really hyping them up to sell an expensive course that teaches you to sell chatbots to local businesses. The biggest issue that I see with this is the fact that FB Chatbots are so new and things will change. A lot of people who are selling chat bots to businesses are going to run into trouble as soon as FB starts changing the rules. The exact same thing happened to me when I was selling apps to local businesses. This feels a lot like the same thing to me and it makes me kind of uneasy.

Aside from that, I'll still stick to what I have been saying about FB chat bots being huge for marketing, especially when combined with a really good content marketing strategy.

My concerns:

Completely agree with this. Maybe I'm crazy, but control of my list is my #1 concern. I think about it this way.

If I have a big list that I control, then nobody can take it away from me.

I can back it up in the cloud.

Put it on a CD.

Find a floppy disk somewhere and stick it on that.

I can put my list on in my backpack and travel with it.

But it doesn't seem like you can do any of that with the FB chat box. So that's def the primary reason why I would never put all of my eggs in one basket with this.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
But it doesn't seem like you can do any of that with the FB chat box. So that's def the primary reason why I would never put all of my eggs in one basket with this.
Were you the one telling me that you can code it where it not only adds to the Chatbot, but also pulls their Facebook email address at the same click?

I saw this in effect on one site.

johnp

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Aug 29, 2011
Philly
Were you the one telling me that you can code it where it not only adds to the Chatbot, but also pulls their Facebook email address at the same click?

I saw this in effect on one site.

Oh yea, I forgot about that. I think that it's just a line of javascript or something. Haven't looked into it yet.

Azure

Perpetual Motion
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Mar 12, 2016
eofire episode 1681 recently covered this with Andrew Warner. You can essentially program it to send out an optin form without them ever leaving chat interface or having to write in their personal details as FB already has it.

Nick Julia

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jul 13, 2017
San Francisco, CA
Hey All,

I wrote the guide about chatbots that was referenced above (or maybe below, not sure where this comment will end up)

Anyhow...

Happy to answer any questions you all have about Chatbots...
Tell you about why I'm excited for the future of bots.
How you can build one, why you should etc..

Cheers,
Nick

reivax

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Jul 6, 2017
Paris
Hello,

Chatbot are excellent for engagement but i think it won't remplace email marketing right now.

I compare Facebook Bot to Phone's text.

But we have to keep in mind that if facebook close our fan page, it's over :(

One on the best pratice is to optin the new lead to an email list asap.

Xavier.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.