The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Do You See $$$, or Do You See Needs? (thanks Andy Black)

Blaise84

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
154%
Jul 8, 2017
Northeast Ohio
As a result of being on this forum, my attitude is changing for the better. I had an experience yesterday where I had had 4 clients scheduled, all back to back (I'm a personal trainer), and a gentleman named Walter around the age of 70-75 came up to me and said something like, "Sorry to interrupt you, but I've been dealing with lower back pain, and I was wondering what I should do for it?" I told him I was busy with clients at that moment, but leave your email, and I'll email you.

IN THE PAST, I would have emailed him something like this: Here's what I can do for you, and it will cost X amount of dollars. Let me know if you're interested. It was like all I could see were dollar signs. But, after reading several posts from @Andy Black, and just learning about the entrepreneurial mindset in general, I was able to see that this man was really reaching out for help in his life. His back pain might be keeping him up at night, maybe limiting his activities during the day, ect. I felt an interior nudge to help make his life better, regardless of the money. I've helped a lot of people with back, knee, hip, and shoulder pain go from barely functional to highly functional, so I know I can help Walter.

The big change I'm experiencing is being able to see the needs of other people, as opposed to only seeing what I want. I think this is important for life in general when it comes to family, friends, relationships, and of course, business. This forum, of course, is for Fastlane entrepreneurs, but I think it's nearly impossible to become successful as an entrepreneur over the long-term without being able to recognize the needs of other people, and not just see dollar signs for yourself.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
As a result of being on this forum, my attitude is changing for the better. I had an experience yesterday where I had had 4 clients scheduled, all back to back (I'm a personal trainer), and a gentleman named Walter around the age of 70-75 came up to me and said something like, "Sorry to interrupt you, but I've been dealing with lower back pain, and I was wondering what I should do for it?" I told him I was busy with clients at that moment, but leave your email, and I'll email you.

IN THE PAST, I would have emailed him something like this: Here's what I can do for you, and it will cost X amount of dollars. Let me know if you're interested. It was like all I could see were dollar signs. But, after reading several posts from @Andy Black, and just learning about the entrepreneurial mindset in general, I was able to see that this man was really reaching out for help in his life. His back pain might be keeping him up at night, maybe limiting his activities during the day, ect. I felt an interior nudge to help make his life better, regardless of the money. I've helped a lot of people with back, knee, hip, and shoulder pain go from barely functional to highly functional, so I know I can help Walter.

The big change I'm experiencing is being able to see the needs of other people, as opposed to only seeing what I want. I think this is important for life in general when it comes to family, friends, relationships, and of course, business. This forum, of course, is for Fastlane entrepreneurs, but I think it's nearly impossible to become successful as an entrepreneur over the long-term without being able to recognize the needs of other people, and not just see dollar signs for yourself.
Good for you. Thanks for writing this up.

Great cliff-hanger too... what happened to poor Walter?

Blaise84

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
154%
Jul 8, 2017
Northeast Ohio
Good for you. Thanks for writing this up.

Great cliff-hanger too... what happened to poor Walter?

We'll find out! It may have slipped by in the original post, but this just happened yesterday. So, I've emailed him, and waiting to hear back.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.