The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Do you question anything else other than the slowlane?

Topics related to Slowlane, Scripted mainstream dogma

lifese

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Oct 28, 2016
Title says it all, as the content of my post will either make no sense or a lot of sense.

I was reading the Fastlane thread Pity for Society and I had questions. Questions that led to one general question...that lead to a thought....that led to this thread.

Why do we feel disapproval for the masses that ran away instead of fighting the terrorists?
Why do we view the few who fought as heroes?
Why do we see the terrorists' acts as awful, yet they may see their acts as good?
Why do we view actions as sick and twisted and others as just and righteous?
What is good and evil?
Why do we have opinions?

What is an opinion?

The Fastlane Forum, as I see it, is a place where the curious gather. A place for those who question the slowlane opinion of life they were sold. And due to this questioning our world view changed. The reality in our minds altered.

But why did we believe the slowlane world view in the first place? Why did we have that opinion, that thought?
(Hell, how do we know we are having a thought)

My answer is obvious in nature, yet something some may not acknowledge - we are just accumulations of thoughts and experiences. And that's it. We can't create or form a thought for information we haven't experienced (try thinking of a new color, not a combination). We can think of combinations, alternatives, possibilities, etc. of information we already possess.

We were "sold" on the slowlane; that is the knowledge and experiences our minds absorbed. We had a mindset rooted in the masses. We were part of the groupthink and we removed ourselves from it.

To me groupthink is a group consciousness. And, again to me, there are two forms of consciousness in this world:
1. Your own consciousness, the self
2. The group consciousness

The self is largely formed by the group. We follow the group without realizing it (think the slowlane). I have a lot of thoughts about self and group consciousness, but this is getting long...

So back to the question, What is an opinion? An opinion is our view-point and our view-point is determined by the information we have absorbed (and our biology as another form of information - attraction, need to survive, etc.).

So, my question for you is: if the slowlane is a "lie" (information) we have been sold that needed to be revealed through questioning, then what other information do you question in life?

I personally like to question awareness and our perceptions/reality - not just the slowlane but our views on everything. For example, I may have a thought like (and I'm just pulling this out my ***) - If our bodies are just biological "computers" that run on scripts and absorb information, then what separates us from a computer? Awareness. We are aware (conscious) that we exist; aware of the information we have processed and absorbed. Our awareness makes us give meaning to the "meaningless" (the information present in the world around us). If nothing in the universe was aware of its and everything's existence, then would anything actually exist? It's like that question if a tree falls and no one is around to hear it, then did it make a sound.

This is definitely off-topic and my point is probably extremely difficult to follow. I just want to know if the curiosity that made you question the slowlane made you question anything else whether it be in other areas of business or life.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

maverick

Aspice, officio fungeris sine spe honoris ampliori
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
228%
Oct 26, 2012
I question everything.

You should always use your own judgement on anything you read, see or experience. Keep an open mind. Try to understand the bigger picture.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
I personally like to question awareness and our perceptions/reality - not just the slowlane but our views on everything. For example, I may have a thought like (and I'm just pulling this out my ***) - If our bodies are just biological "computers" that run on scripts and absorb information, then what separates us from a computer? Awareness. We are aware (conscious) that we exist; aware of the information we have processed and absorbed. Our awareness makes us give meaning to the "meaningless" (the information present in the world around us). If nothing in the universe was aware of its and everything's existence, then would anything actually exist? It's like that question if a tree falls and no one is around to hear it, then did it make a sound.
I personally question everything there is in the universe to ask? I think when you answer all the questions within yourself life becomes much easier to manage and control. It's easier to navigate through life.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
Meeting others on the Fastlane caused me to question much of what I was taught growing up. My biases, beliefs, and truths and how they came to be. I learned that my reality is not everyone else's and theirs is not mine. I have learned to consider other viewpoints and not be so attached to my own. Work in progress. In some ways this makes life so much more messy but the process also simplifies life as well.

Last edited:

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
My head is going to explode! :)

The questions you ask are very valid. We all have automatic reactions to things. Those reactions may not be what you are telling yourself to do but cannot help yourself based on preconditioning.

The question about disapproval of the masses running away struck me hard. One of the many items that I want to deal with is having judgments and automatic reactions. It is clear that more work is needed. Automatic reactions.... Thanks for reminding me.

We all take life way too seriously. We are more than meets the eye. Our opinions are simply opinions as you have stated. They are based on our life experiences to some degree. They are also based on the fact that we have not fully figured out how to connect to our true selves.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
My head is going to explode! :)

The questions you ask are very valid. We all have automatic reactions to things. Those reactions may not be what you are telling yourself to do but cannot help yourself based on preconditioning.

The question about disapproval of the masses running away struck me hard. One of the many items that I want to deal with is having judgments and automatic reactions. It is clear that more work is needed. Automatic reactions.... Thanks for reminding me.

We all take life way too seriously. We are more than meets the eye. Our opinions are simply opinions as you have stated. They are based on our life experiences to some degree. They are also based on the fact that we have not fully figured out how to connect to our true selves.
Your true self is everything you see and witness outside you.

</philosophical derail>

windchaser

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
May 24, 2017
Spain
I don´t question everything, in my opinion that is just impossible, mainly because you will always have your own perception driven by many factors that you are not even aware are shaping that perception.

However, what I try to do is looking at things from different perspectives and then shape my own opinion.

Interesting reflexions the questions you ask and I think the answer to all of them depends on the perspective, and every perspective is shaped by multiple factors, the first one is your culture and the education that you receive, even the language in which you express yourself or the words you use to frame it help to that perception.

I remember when I moved to the US I was surprised about how big the cultural shock was with my country and I didn't notice it by a big event, but by multiple small details that I took for granted and never even though about. After few years I still find new things that surprise me how different they are.

And that is when you realize how many assumptions we made about everything without even noticing, because sometimes the preconditioning of your perspective comes for tiny details you are not even aware of, that added up together sway your beliefs and opinions in unbelievable ways.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
IMO, this isn't a very off-topic thread.
TMF (and added with the brunt of UNSCRIPTED ) has caused me to question EVERYTHING.
This is because MJ uses Socratic questioning and is willing to go down the rabbit hole...his methods and frameowrk to find the truth behind the biases and lies are already discussed in UNSCRIPTED .
Let's see..where do I start?:devil::devil::devil:

WARNING: It is very lengthy...but this is not any ordinary post. But I am going to share some insights that most of you don't think about. I will go deep, because MJ did went deep for UNSCRIPTED ...so yeah, he gave me the motivation.

UNSCRIPTED made me question how I have been LEARNING. Much of my school life was based on memorisation, trial and error and mistakes, lots of them. Same goes for college and I suspect, university life. Now there's lots of debate on how to memorise, master subjects and make mistakes. Some say use mind maps. Some like me, pragmatic as we are, prefer to jump straight into the action, whether be it in business execution or academic practice exams. But this is an era where there are unfair advantages such as the Internet, more capital available (I heard Dan Pena rant all about it on Youtube...you can check him out, he's an angrier version of MJ)....in which learning is not mandatory, but optional, in some cases. Anything is possible, even the debunking of so-called universal principles.

There are two battles concerning learning:
a. Learning the stuff, mastering it and executing it for a Fastlane
b. Keeping up with the times. Knowledge isn't stationary, as academic degrees would like you to believe.

You'll find yourself fighting both battles at the same time. When I say learning knowledge, I don't just mean a damn degree for a job. I mean business strategies, marketing plans, accounting tricks, product development, investment decisions, and so on. Stuff that keeps you alive on the battlefield. Here, we have found one way or another to get past these limitations, but I still question my learning, because it is what determines the value I can give, and my wealth.

MJ talked a bit on the Kaizen principles of learning, but in reality, it goes through many routes of varying efficiency. There's like a thousand seminars and schools of thought and stories of executions out there concerning incremental learning.

Lastly, I have been considering how I have been loving.
Again, for the umpteenth time I must have been mentioning that I started on the Fastlane to find freedom for my girl. By 'girl' I mean the person who has my heart...not my daughter. I find 'girlfriend' a rather derogatory term used like a worn out cigar by boys who look for lust more than value.

MJ's talks on execution in his books and on this forum, especially on marriage and relationships as a process rather than the event of the marriage event (@MidwestLandlord was ranting on the wastage of overly expensive weddings the other day), made me stop and reconsider several times. My girl's studying an ocean and several states away, and she's so busy that she doesn't find much time to talk. She apologised several times for it...but it just tears me.

It makes me look back at my execution so far, the value I should be providing for her, the words I should have said when we were still together in high school (where I met her). I did relatively well, looking back, as I avoided the follies of immature dating, picking up and so on, and preferred a more direct face-to-face approach. But I still think there could have been more that I could have done.

If I had found TMF earlier and saw the time suckage of education and the Slowlane, would I have told her? Would I have convinced her to put her energies to build her own path instead of slaving away in a SCRIPT, for an outcome that she could not control? Could I have saved her? Could I have awakened the best of her, when she had not yet been sunk into the SCRIPT? I'm not talking about money yet....it's an after effect, a welcome one.

I could have walked away and left her. It would be so easy. @MJ DeMarco after all chose to let go of his first GF who was Grade A material for marriage as described in TMF because their aims were different. Reasonable. But not for my case. I made my girl an exceptional case as she was exceptionally virtuous, creative, brave, out spoken and most importantly, uncorrupted. She's my age....18...it's not her birthday yet. I bought UNSCRIPTED for her recently. I don't often buy books for gifts unless I am embarking on a 'rescue operation'.

Back to age...she doesn't have debt, old sick parents, emotional baggage from a divorce or marital quarrels. She has youthful energy, but she is cautious with it...she is slightly introverted as I am, as she has her reservations when going out with other folks. She loves learning, creating and with good guidance (such as I had with TFLF), she would be a very effective achiever, Fastlane or not. Best of all, she is a hard worker, and strives to do her best to provide value to everyone around her, good or bad. In fact, her attributes have so much potential, more than I have ever seen.

Most think of girls as marriage material, to create a family to continue the line.
Most think of girls as F*ck toys (sorry, but it's true. I hate this fact too.)
Most think of girls as pawns to push around and exploit in the workplace.
Most think of girls as just as usual as your ordinary Joe.

But not me. Not for my girl, at least.
I have described her in detail not for you to ogle at, but to show PROCESS. It took me HOURS of conversations, arguing, making-up, experiences and reflecting with her, to find these gems.

How many of you take the time to do it with your date?

What in the hell do you talk about with your significant other? Is it just about the popular trends of movies, sex, violence, politics and work? Or is it about life, pain, despair, hope, growth, birth and death?

What do you look at in your partner? Is it the outside...the miniskirt that looks suggestive or her significant chest (I'm trying my best to be polite, but you get the idea)? Or is it the inside...which is only seen in the harshest of times? I was, and still am, a rather aggressive person. But she faced all my storms with calmness. Faced it all.

What were your best memories with your partner? A nice walk down the park? A candlelight dinner? Yes, they are good, but not good enough. My best hours with my girl were when we worked on projects, academic deadlines, exams, in other words, we bonded and saw the best in each other in WORK, not PLAY. Any dumb donkey can fall in love in PLAY because everyone's nice in play. We saw the real other in PROCESS.

Although we didn't date much like your average crazy lovesick couple, we knew substance.

I know what she can do, and what kind of problems she can solve. I have inklings on what she needs to provide more value and what might be in her tracks to stop her. That's LOVE. You see the best of someone, and aspire to make it even bigger, even if it costs you blood, sweat and tears and time. You look deep into his or her soul, way pass any strengths or weaknesses, light or darkness, and you see the essence of value, which needs to be unlocked.

And that love, is something that goes beyond the grave, something that becomes immortal. Beyond generational wealth.

Yes, I was criticised for being wishy-washy, too dreamy about love and chided for being immature. They said 'you should study first...love can wait later.' They had their point. I tried to understand and follow the 'good ol' moral sense'. But it felt not right...to just abandon someone to the dogs. To leave someone with empty hands, when she had given you so much. So I looked for a system, a means that would give me the resources to fight against this framework of limitations...or the SCRIPT, as MJ terms it now. And I found it here.

Some of you may be wondering...this young guy is talking too much shit. He's a greenhorn, with lack of a track record...how can he shoulder this responsibility? And what if she gives up on this guy....what if she is not what she is?

I understand those risks...I have thought about them.

Just as it is with business in general, Fastlane or not,
There is always the risk that you will fail.
There is always the risk that you are wrong.
There is always the risk that you will waste so much time, only to end your life in shame and agony.
There is always the risk that you can lose everything, even what little you have.

But however, just as there is the dark side, there is, a light side.
There is always the possibility that you can succeed. And do it well!
There is always the possibility that I did the right things,although they seemed wrong in the beginning.
There is always the possibility that I never wasted any time at all...I made the best used of it.
There is always the possibility that I gained everything, and even much more...and lost just the junk that never mattered anyway.

So I believe that I will succeed to give my girl the value she deserves. And I am work on this endeavour as much as I can every day.

MJ spoke a lot about possibilities, and using the Fastlane/UNSCRIPTION as a framework to increase them. And I think besides business and entrepreneurship, I have been looking into putting them into a bigger picture to provide a more streamlined path as a means to an end. So I question my views and actions concerning love every day.

I know it's a long rant or post, but I never had a proper mentor to give me these lessons. I had to fight inner voices and make mistakes in WAY shorter time than most lads. Most people eat YEARS to learn these kinds of lessons. I hope that my post has been of value, although it's an off-topic.

G

GuestUser450

Life is infinitely complex. Human nature isn't. The greatest who've ever lived all developed simple heuristics. Systems over goals, evidence over anecdotes. There's more to know than we'll ever understand, so wisdom is actually embracing a certain ignorance.

But to answer your question directly: The world we live in, where we spend our limited time, is a human creation - merely the minimum that most are willing to accept. Wanting the freedom to choose a different path is where it started for me.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
There's an old saying...

You're entitled to your opinion, but you're not entitled to your own facts.

We are at that stage in the public discourse where facts have no meaning because those facts might be tied to negative or worrisome emotions.

Like children, the world culture has become perilously manipulated by their emotions, over logic. And your Scripted puppetmasters know it.

So instead of accepting the fact, we now instead manage the emotion by lying it into an opinion.

2 + 2 = 4 is a fact. But in today's society, if 2+2=4 is PAINFUL or EMOTIONAL, it becomes maligned into an opinion by those who are imperiled by the fact. And the sheep buy it because of, meh, it makes me uncomfortable!

Millenial_Kid5K1

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Feb 14, 2017
Atlanta
I accepted many "red pills" before ever finding TMF . The first was related to religion, so I won't discuss it here.

The second was realizing that almost everyone is wrong when it comes to nutrition. The US government, the American Heart Association, my doctor, etc. With such an overwhelming weight of authority, it took an overwhelming weight of evidence to disillusion me from the mainstream understanding that fat+LDL is bad, complex carbs are good, that anything that tastes good will make you die faster, and that intake+exercise are the only variables worth locking at when trying to lose weight.

After that I had a minor red pill of realizing that my belief in determinism technically precluded free-will in the way I used to think of it.

Then I had a red pill relating to gender politics, so I won't discuss that.

My most recent red pill is the one that MJ preaches, that the slowlane will land you in a gilded wheelchair, and that there is another way.

You always have to keep an open mind. Just don't accept stuff without a sufficient level of evidence(don't have such an open mind that it falls out.)

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
The second was realizing that almost everyone is wrong when it comes to nutrition. The US government, the American Heart Association, my doctor, etc. With such an overwhelming weight of authority, it took an overwhelming weight of evidence to disillusion me from the mainstream understanding that fat+LDL is bad, complex carbs are good, that anything that tastes good will make you die faster, and that intake+exercise are the only variables worth locking at when trying to lose weight.

This, right here, is like a gateway drug into understanding the full extent of the SCRIPTED puppeteering...

Congrats on figuring it out so young.

Millenial_Kid5K1

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Feb 14, 2017
Atlanta
This, right here, is like a gateway drug into understanding the full extent of the SCRIPTED puppeteering...

Congrats on figuring it out so young.
I had some health troubles in my early 20s that I SHOULD NOT have been having so young, or with such a supposedly healthy diet. I'm really glad I found it out then, because I was on the brink of several medical procedures that would have left me financially and emotionally invested in the wrong solution, along with some burdening medical debt.

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016

Imgal

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Aug 9, 2015
I question everything and nothing all at the same time.

Questioning the negatives - "why don't they do...?", "why doesn't .... ever work out for me?" those just send my mind off in a loop of finding the worse in life, people and me.

Questioning what could I do differently, what create results but could be improved, what could I make better? Those are the kind of questions I can dwell on (and more importantly learn from) forever.

lifese

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Oct 28, 2016
Your true self is everything you see and witness outside you.

</philosophical derail>

This is the ultimate question to me. What is your "true" self? The origin. Even if the questions you ask bring you to the origin of all things, then you'd still have a question - how did this origin come to be? You may (no clue) have to accept that something came from nothing, or rather that something and nothing are one in the same. It's like how if we lost our five sense, then the world as we know it wouldn't exist in our reality and yet at the same time it would.

So your statement that your true self is everything outside you is a scary idea. Because if nothing and something are the same (I know that's a huge stretch), then what is everything outside of us? One thing that I know of that can be nothing yet something is a conscious thought. So, is everything just a thought, a dream formed by consciousness. If we all hallucinated the same spider, would it pop into existence? You know that you are conscious, but how can you tell something or someone else is aware, conscious? Food for thought.

Edit: I looked into your statement to deeply. I think you just meant that your true self is just the information you've accumulated outside yourself. Maybe? In meditation though, I've heard the opposite as well that your true self is something inside you and not outside. Where your mind is quite to the outside and you're just aware.

Anyways, back to the main topic. Good to see all your thoughts. I don't suppose that I know anything and choose to embrace that I know nothing. Helps me learn a lot more and grow as a person. Questioning the information I've absorbed and forming my own views gives me a sense of guidance. And let's me accept the things that I can and cannot change in myself and others.

It's good to see that you all have that awesome sense of curiosity and open-mindedness in varying aspects of life.

What we really should be putting our intellectual prowess into is questioning why passing gas in public is rude.

Just kidding. Don't inflict that level of pain upon strangers

Last edited:

Xavier X

Gold Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Jan 1, 2016
These United States
I question everything I am presented with.
Is it presented based on careful logic or on emotion? Does it make common sense?
Is it based on blindly "carrying on tradition" even when it makes no sense to you?

I once saw a newspaper cartoon where a straight file of sheep were marching off a cliff, to inevitable peril.
One toward the back said to another:

"..Yes, I also have my misgivings, but what can we do but stay the course?"

Unfortunately, this is how most end up living their lives. Then again, to each his own.

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
the answer is very simple :

we can only understand things according to our current capacity to understand them

that's it. logic, knowledge and so on are already there

but people won't follow these things unless they are mentaly ready to accept them

that's why there is inertia in understanding and geniuses are misunderstood most of the time

truth.png

by the way, this is a blessing for people who can understand things

while the masses can't or don't want to understand

this is the source of their power

these guys only need reality's approval : what works

not people's approval about who is or right or wrong

whereas people say " i am right , you are wrong", masters play their moves anyway

as usual...

masters vs pawns : 1-0

chess.png

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
444%
May 27, 2013
United States
Biggest recent one (because of the stage of life I'm in) is all the dogma and cultural beliefs/pressure that goes into childbirth.

Scripted belief: A woman has to have a child in a hospital, under the care of a doctor, with multiple interventions, her and baby jacked full of narcotics, unable to move, unable to eat, nearly commotose, baby removed by forceps.... ah shit we messed up on intervention #4, better C-section him out. or even better: Doctor's had a long day, and needs to get home to his family, so let's call this a C-section and be done with it.

Attending some natural childbirth classes and delivering two babies through a midwife (and my wife delivering an 11 pounder in our bedroom), just made everything about the scripted beliefs portrayed through media, movies, and sitcoms, absolutely silly.

For what it's worth: C-section rate for "low risk" hospital births - 19-22%. C-section rate for homebirth - 3%.

Serious surgery has become normal and has replaced a natural process that has been done for 30,000 years.

This has me questioning other medical things as well... but it's hard to do, because I don't personally have the knowledge or understanding to possibly know if someone is wrong on something.

It's a tough position for society when the experts are wrong, but they don't know or think they are wrong.

Delmania

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Aug 21, 2015
Rochester, NY
Why do we feel disapproval for the masses that ran away instead of fighting the terrorists?
Why do we view the few who fought as heroes?
Why do we see the terrorists' acts as awful, yet they may see their acts as good?
Why do we view actions as sick and twisted and others as just and righteous?
What is good and evil?
Why do we have opinions?

I'm just going to address these questions. You live in a society that wishes to sustain and propagate itself. We view the people who fight terrorists as heroes because they are willing to put their lives into danger to protect our society. The terrorist, by the way, view us the same. We represent a threat they seek to annihilate. The concepts of good and evil are largely along the same lines. An evil action is an action that a society views as harmful and destructive to that society, whereas a good action is one that sustains and strengthens the society.

These are neither good nor evil, nor right or wrong, they are simply basic group psychology. You are a human, ergo you are a social animal. At some level, you do need to abide by the rules of the society in which you live, or you'll find yourself shut off from it.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
I like to question... but I also like to research, evaluate, and come to my own conclusions.

What's a little depressing to me, while still being interesting, are the current theories of psychological phenomena that result in our beliefs and behavior. You know, the ones we don't question.

I like to think there's free will, but it's hard to say when there are so many beliefs that I never questioned, but the source of those beliefs does not come from critical analysis but from a bias, heuristic, or assumption that has no basis in fact. It makes me feel like a dumb monkey a little.

I could own them religiously, or I can question them and come to my own conclusions. But what if I come to the point where I can't say for sure? Then I'm just unsettled.

Not to mention, this unsettling feeling isn't even 'real'; it's just cognitive dissonance. That makes me FEEL unsettled where there's no real reason to feel that way, especially if the result of drawing a conclusion doesn't really matter in life.

It almost feels like the source of a fair bit of anxiety, lending credence to "ignorance is bliss". It also explains why people get so angry when confronted on an idea or belief.

It makes no F*cking sense, I personally don't like it, but I'm susceptible to it... and so are all of you.

Hell, cognitive dissonance is simply a theory to explain that feeling. Cognitive dissonance isn't even 'real'. The feeling sure is... or it feels that way.

So, to answer your question... yes. I question things other than the Slowlane. I'm not always happy with the result, though. Sometimes I'm just wrong, a dumb monkey, a product of my environment.

But still I question.

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
Absolutely I question everything. Not just things regarding fastlane.

What would happen if you deconstruct a belief down to its very details? The same way scientists found atoms and molecules.

Whats makes up a belief and how did it become programed in our mind? As most of us figured out already our environment is the primary source for almost everyone's beliefs.

Intrinsically every belief has an array of "rationalizations" or "excuses" that do every they can to make sure that belief endeavors to persist in its own being no matter what. This is why everyone says go to college and go into debt no matter the evidence contrary that says it isn't a good idea. Our thoughts are real things that exist in our mind and have casual properties the same way physics has laws. Being able to deconstruct our thinking and explain the laws behind them is extremely difficult and very rare, hell not even the fancy college professors have figured it out. And even highly esteemed psychologists are deeply unaware of their own thinking.

If you can become aware of your own thinking and see these false beliefs and behaviors operating in you then you can shoot to the top 1% of intelligence. You can gain an advantage over everyone who is a prisoner of their own ignorance.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.