The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Do you know what this is without me saying? (Kickstarter campaign)

kpoa

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Jul 9, 2020
Looking at the pic again your product would be much clearer with just better lighting. Why is it in the shadows?
Honestly we did a terrible job and didn't take that into consideration (I admit it) someone brought his point up to us and looks like they were right. Everyone who has commented said something similar. I'm glad I asked

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
D

Deleted78083

Isn't this pic your second pic? I feel the first pic should be the product alone, with a cathy title such as

"Name of the product": stop losing time changing weight between sets

I wanted to go with "make less efforts" but that wouldnt make much sense in the context of weight lifting lol

Edit: congrats on taking action and fingers crossed for that campaign!

kpoa

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Jul 9, 2020
Isn't this pic your second pic? I feel the first pic should be the product alone, with a cathy title such as

"Name of the product": stop losing time changing weight between sets

I wanted to go with "make less efforts" but that wouldnt make much sense in the context of weight lifting lol

Edit: congrats on taking action and fingers crossed for that campaign!
Thank you . The product name is The Barbell Hangover, and the catchy title is :
"Turn your handheld weights into barbell plates"

Thank you. Ive never made it this far with an idea, but decided to just go for it!

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
im guessing its a clamp to put dumbells on ?

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
I'm interested in seeing where this goes. I know there are some hard core lifters who will be like "that's not how you do it!" But assuming the product is safe, and you can generate a good photo to communicate what it is, I think it's a good business experiment.

Cereal Entrée

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Sep 14, 2020
Nashville
I would totally click it (and I don't even work out ha), but the dumbbell, strap, clamp, need to be differentiated in color, maybe just gradation would suffice. Cool thumbnail and product though, good job.

Fritz.dvl

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Oct 20, 2018
Perú
Launching a Kickstarter in a couple days. My question is referring to the thumbnail we will be using.

Do you know what the product is?

Does this picture "stand out" or is it boring?

Would you click the campaign based on the thumbnail? View attachment 36812
A lot of people have already explain what I wanted to share. But here is a really good example of what you can do to make your product stand out. Is from Yaktrax page s
yaktrax-walk-1080x645-1-new.ashx

The Legend

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Aug 16, 2018
You need to draw more attention to the actual product. I think blurring a lot more of the picture would help.

The problem is that everything is the same color. Everything is black or gray so nothing stands out.

I think having someone edit the 45lb weights to be a silver color would help your product stand out. And having someone brighten up your product while blurring and dimming more of the rest of the picture.

But to answer your question, yes I could figure out what your product is without you saying it but only because you asked me to. Otherwise I would have kept scrolling before I noticed what your product is.
I totally agree with this.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
What’s the price point? I don’t think there’s going to be a massive market for this but it’s a nice idea and I think you’ll make some money and get some experience.

edit: actually you could really build this into a brand, people who are serious about lifting, don’t mind a bit of DIY home made setup to save money and who are making home gyms due to covid is probably a fairly solid niche.

As for the image, you’re getting good feedback here, looks like you got really nice pictures done, just edit a bunch based on this advice and test the click through rate each one gets with Facebook ads, it won’t take much spend to get some good data.

Last edited:

bmarketguy

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Jan 19, 2021
You probably get what you need to by this point, but I do have a couple of questions I'm curious about.
-It looks like you have a U bracket that holds the dumbbell and then a separate bracket to clamp to the bar. Is this 1 piece, 2 pieces and sold together, or 2 separate things?

- Is it adjustable for different dumbbells handles? by how much?
-weight capacity?
-Do they rotate on there? If it's too tight and doesn't that would throw off the center of gravity. But if its too loose I image that the swinging would throw off bars weight as well (only an issue with faster lifts, but that would also make them significantly more dangerous)

kpoa

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Jul 9, 2020
A lot of people have already explain what I wanted to share. But here is a really good example of what you can do to make your product stand out. Is from Yaktrax page s
yaktrax-walk-1080x645-1-new.ashx
You probably get what you need to by this point, but I do have a couple of questions I'm curious about.
-It looks like you have a U bracket that holds the dumbbell and then a separate bracket to clamp to the bar. Is this 1 piece, 2 pieces and sold together, or 2 separate things?

- Is it adjustable for different dumbbells handles? by how much?
-weight capacity?
-Do they rotate on there? If it's too tight and doesn't that would throw off the center of gravity. But if its too loose I image that the swinging would throw off bars weight as well (only an issue with faster lifts, but that would also make them significantly more dangerous)
Yeah a lot of people on here have given me some amazing feedback. No problem I'll answer any questions the best that I can.
1.As of right now we are just selling the bracket that lets you attach the handheld weight to the bar. We used a regular barbell collar to clamp it in. (2 separate items

2. The design was made to hold MOST handheld weights. This includes adjustable dumbbells, neoprene (which are a little thicker) , and kettlebells as well. We say MOST because we haven't tested it yet, but don't think they're compatible with Powerblocks. It will fit the majority of different dumbbells/kettlebells.

3.Each piece can support up to 500 lbs (it's made of steel)

4. We recommend using a plate (even a small one) on the inside while using our product. Swinging is kept to a minimum but does swing more with cleans , snatches, and those type of workouts. It does feel very well balanced though, you'd be surprised. Wouldn't know it was a dumbbell on there. (Of course I may be a little biased lol)

hope this answers your questions

kpoa

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Jul 9, 2020
Very interesting, I can see some value here as the dumbells do double-duty and is more efficient.

Let us know how the kickstarter goes. I think colorizing the clamp with something neon will make it stand out.
Kickstarter is 100% funded with 20 days left in campaign!!!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Kickstarter is 100% funded with 20 days left in campaign!!!

Congrats, did you make the suggested changes, or funded without them?

kpoa

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Jul 9, 2020
I lightened the picture up a little bit. I didn't know
The one thing I did do, was make the picture lighter so you were able to see the dumbbell a little clearer. (mainly because I did not know how to do certain things and didn't have the budget to hire someone on) This was my first kickstarter, and boy was it a learning experience. I already know what to change and do different for my next one.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
I lightened the picture up a little bit. I didn't know

The one thing I did do, was make the picture lighter so you were able to see the dumbbell a little clearer. (mainly because I did not know how to do certain things and didn't have the budget to hire someone on) This was my first kickstarter, and boy was it a learning experience. I already know what to change and do different for my next one.

Took a shot at making it look a little better.

A7ABBF97-A8C4-47F2-B572-E84068067036.jpeg

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West
Was just looking at your kickstarter page...

Have you looked into licensing this? I feel like that's the real play here.

kpoa

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Jul 9, 2020

It has crossed my mind. Need to do more research. Haven't done any of this before so it's all new. Do you experience with licensing? Would love any advice or help

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016

Yeah. Contact Rogue Fitness.

It has crossed my mind. Need to do more research. Haven't done any of this before so it's all new. Do you experience with licensing? Would love any advice or help

One Simple Idea, Revised and Expanded Edition: Turn Your Dreams into a Licensing Goldmine While Letting Others Do the Work: Key, Stephen: 9781259589676: Amazon.com: Books

I have a copy you can have. PM your address. I'll send it out.

kpoa

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Jul 9, 2020

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West
I do not have experience licensing but I suggest you find someone on this forum (or elsewhere) who does.

@MJ DeMarco any forum members come to mind?

kpoa

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Jul 9, 2020
I do not have experience licensing but I suggest you find someone on this forum (or elsewhere) who does.

@MJ DeMarco any forum members come to mind?
Thatd be amazing! I'll probably start a thread and see if I get anything. I appreciate the help

23Infinity

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Jan 4, 2019
Canada
Ha! I bought a another set of price-inflated weight plates the other day, post-covid reality and all, and was looking at my down at 40 lb dumbell pair lying there and trying to think of a safe and secure way of attaching it to the barbell....figures that someone on FLF of all places would have come up with something like this.

Good luck with the development. Also, the Inventor's Bible by Ronald Louis is another resource in regards to learning about the licensing process.

Last edited:

kpoa

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Jul 9, 2020
Ha! I bought a another set of price-inflated weight plates the other day, post-covid reality and all, and was looking at my down at 40 lb dumbell pair lying there and trying to think of a safe and secure way of attaching it to the barbell....figures that someone on FLF of all places would have come up with something like this.

Good luck with the development. Also, the Inventor's Bible by Ronald Louis is another resource in regards to learning about the licensing process.
I've never heard of that book so I will have to check it out as well! Thank you

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.