The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Do you have a tattoo?

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
When I was spending months at a time in Hawaii, I was pretty sure I wanted a tattoo of the hawaiian islands on a forearm, and of a sea turtle maybe nearby. I had one henna'ed just to try it out and loved it. I could never time it so that I could be out of the sun and water long enough after getting it done.

Thank goodness.

Now, after moving to Florida, we spend exactly zero time in Hawaii. Pretty glad I don't have their state map on my forearm.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Maxboost

Silver Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
214%
Apr 4, 2016
ideas-no-regerts-tattoo-for-your.jpg

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I always chuckled building AdWords campaigns for “tattoo artist <location>” and then “tattoo removal <location>”.

I don’t have any tattoos. I may do one day. They would have to mean something. Maybe Chinese writing as I’m half-Chinese. Maybe the names of my sons and maybe something for family members who’ve passed away.

My mum does excellent Chinese calligraphy by all accounts, and it’s always a real hit when she writes people’s names in England. Even today I was thinking she could do Chinese writing and translations for people who might want a tattoo, or to have a lucky saying in their house.

Longinus

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
441%
Aug 28, 2014
Poland / Belgium
Sagging, fades, wrinkles, age spot (dark and light) discoloration. Nothing pretty!

This happens to people without tattoos as well in combination with bad health choices (unfortunately the case with most tattoo-people...).

That been said, 90% of all tattoos are terrible. So there's a massive chance you'll regret that butt ugly design in time.

So don't do it.

Or be prepared to pay a lot of money for a good artist.

I don't like multiple separated tattoos all over the body like many people have. From a distance, they're just dark stains on your body. I prefer big and clear tattoos.

This is mine:

DSC02061_2.JPG

This one costed me about €1200 in 2 sessions in 2014. On my upper arm is my first tattoo that was done when I was 20. Upper arm is Odin on Sleipnir and on my chest is one of his two ravens. Further plans are to continue on the inside of my upper arm and part of my back.

And yes, the one on my chest hurt like hell.

It's quite polarizing, but I get many compliments about it. I better not regret it because tattoo removal hurts even more :happy:
mOBLQT

AFMKelvin

Some Profound Quote Goes Here
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Jan 26, 2016
Rice, Texas
Most of my coworkers and people around my age are covered in tattoos.

They often ask me how come I don't have any myself. If I'm scared or something. I just simply shrug it off because tattoos just don't elicit an emotional response in me.

Also I know for a fact that whatever tatoo I get I would get bored of in less than a year.

Lately I've been thinking about having a tattoo removal business. People get bored with their tattoos or need to get them remove for a job. It turns out that getting a tattoo removed is more expensive than getting it on.

So do you have any tattoos?

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
I have 1 tattoo currently I got while in the Marine Corps. Surprised I didn’t leave with more... at the time, the tattoo policy was very damaging to careers, so I made sure to get mine in an inconspicuous location.

It’s on my upper bicep and you cannot see it while I’m clothed.

I plan on getting several other tattoos, currently have a large rib piece I’ve been planning for ages.

Personally, I love artwork. But for me, i keep them concealed because I still have a very professional day job.

LynetteP

This will be car photo when I get a rocket again
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
Apr 13, 2018
Tennessee
What happens to it?
Sagging, fades, wrinkles, age spot (dark and light) discoloration. Nothing pretty!

Besides, in this case, it doesn't matter what other people think (wisdom about tattoos isn't life changing). Is it something YOU are dying to have? If not, it's in the category of the 80% of garbage that is stealing your attention from the 20% of stuff you need to focus on. Not throwing stones, I struggle with this myself. Just decide quickly and move on. If it becomes important to you for some reason, later you will remember it, and you can revisit it.

James Fake

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
May 4, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
Cool thread. So... I lost count of how many tattoos I have. Full sleeves, two ribs, chest piece, upper back & spine. Right arm = achievements in life in chronological orders from the wrist up. Left arm = Pain, struggles, life story in order from wrist up.

In my last official "working for the man" 9 to 5 job; I had various pieces on my arms only. I always wore a long-sleeve button down to work. Most people didn't know I had any tattoos.

It wasn't until my Amazon FBA took off and afforded me to never step foot into another "job" again when I got a new tattoo almost every week. I knew I wasn't bound by the chains of NOBODY anymore and getting a crapload of tattoos was very liberating from a personal stand-point knowing I had "made it". That and tattoos are expensive af lol.

I designed every single one of my pieces and fit them all in (which is actually the hardest part trying to find the perfect placement). Also; the overall aesthetic was always kept in mind. Meaning, good density of ink and various design styles all have to mesh together perfectly (example: adding splashes of red or other colors here and there to break up the monotone grey & black. Also using "skin tone" to break up general aesthetic as well). Certain shapes, etc. also compliment body parts differently when it comes to the chest and rib and back area. (It's a reason why celebrity's tattoos like Beckham seem to look better than the "average" person's tattoos. You'd be surprised at how many people try to make a "cheap full sleeve" meaning trying to cover an entire arm using big pieces and a bunch of filler designs like clouds, etc. - that makes the general aesthetic bad because the density is poor.)

Anyways; just throwing my 2cents of thoughts in.

I never thought about removal nor interested; no ounce of regret. 99.999% of the time I forget I have them. I'll take these to the grave with me! =)

Late Bloomer

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Apr 17, 2018
I always chuckled building AdWords campaigns for “tattoo artist <location>” and then “tattoo removal <location>”.

Do you save the leads from the "tattoo artist" ads, and two years later start sending them pitches for tattoo removal?

AFMKelvin

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Jan 26, 2016
Rice, Texas
When I was spending months at a time in Hawaii, I was pretty sure I wanted a tattoo of the hawaiian islands on a forearm, and of a sea turtle maybe nearby. I had one henna'ed just to try it out and loved it. I could never time it so that I could be out of the sun and water long enough after getting it done.

Thank goodness.

Now, after moving to Florida, we spend exactly zero time in Hawaii. Pretty glad I don't have their state map on my forearm.

This is how I imagine how most people end up getting tattoos. Either they are so happy or so sad in that one moment in time that they want to remember it so much that they end up getting it inked on their body. Only to have more extremely happy and sad moments later on in life making the tattoo obsolete.

AFMKelvin

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Jan 26, 2016
Rice, Texas

I don’t have any tattoos. I may do one day. They would have to means something. Maybe Chinese writing as I’m half-Chinese. Maybe my sons names and maybe something for family members who’ve passed away.

My mum does excellent Chinese calligraphy by all accounts, and it’s always a real hit when she writes people’s names in England. Even today I was thinking she could do Chinese writing and translations for people who might want a tattoo, or to have a lucky saying in their house.

I guess is a business you can't lose in. One or the other will be profitable definitely fastlane lol.

SummerGladness

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Apr 2, 2018
UK
Yeah each to their own regarding getting them or not. Personally I don't have any and wouldn't get them.

They can be quite revealing in a lot of ways. For instance when people get religious symbols or imagery despite not being religious. Or they can date you if you get a style that is in trend at a particular time or among a niche of some sort. For example, tribal tattoos were really popular at one point.

Also I've read that getting names of people can reveal insecurity about a relationship with that person, hence why I find tattoos revealing.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
Idea: With the increase in people getting tattoos and tattoos slowly becoming mainstream, how about selling those wearable arm / leg tattoo sleeves? The current ones on the market have extremely limited designs and are not translucent enough. What if there's one that looks indiscernible to the eye?

Plus, wearable tattoo neck sleeve that you wear over your neck draped like a choke collar if you're into neck tattoos.

All the fun, without the scars!
Why disfigure yourself when you can take them off?

Jean-Pierre

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
195%
Feb 18, 2015
Sydney, Australia
Either they are so happy or so sad in that one moment in time that they want to remember it so much that they end up getting it inked on their body.

I have 3 and don't remember getting any of them.

About 10 years ago I used to go on surfing road trip each year with my mates. The weekend would generally go like this: go for a surf, go for too many beers... and then somewhere in the middle find a tattoo parlor, convince them to tattoo a group of drunk guys (usually with a case of beer)... and then wake up covered with bandages. Not actually sure how it started but then each year after that we kept doing it.

Fortunately, my drunk-self was "smart" enough not to get anything too big, too inappropriate or put it anywhere too obvious (arm, ankle, rib cage). That being said, I don't regret any of them... although one nearly landed me getting my @rse kicked by a bunch guys who had a serious love-affair with roids, but that's a different story.

Anyways, sh*t escalated pretty quickly the year I stopped going as some muppet thought it was a good idea to buy their own tattoo gun specifically for the trip. That year would have been full of regrets.

Last edited:

AFMKelvin

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Jan 26, 2016
Rice, Texas
I have 4. all but one most people would never see and the fourth is meant to be kind of a warning.
If you don't mind asking what kind of warning? For yourself or for the people that manage to see it?

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
221%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma
I got two tats, one on each upper arm like 15 years ago without thinking it through. I totally regret it, but at least I can hide them. My brother got pretty intense tats on both of his forearms and ten years ago it caused him professional problems, but these days it doesnt seem like a big issue anymore.

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
I'm actually going to get my whole body tattooed except for my face. Tattoos are beautiful, don't judge.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.