The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Do You Enjoy the Place Where You Live?

P789

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Sep 23, 2020
Legazpi, Philippines
So, in the case of mine, it is neither.

The following is the reason why I like this place (Bicol Region):
  • Access to cheap and affordable transit
  • Location nearby a tourist attraction and prices were affordable (e.g. Legazpi nearby Lignon hill)
  • Rent Prices here were cheap (average of ₱12,000 per month I think($240))
  • Neighbors were friendly specifically living rural towns (Daraga, Camalig, Guinobatan etc.)
  • Internet Broadband is also affordable here (fiber connection @1500 pesos ($25 per month))
  • The food here is tasty like yours (Sili Ice Cream and Pinangat)
Here are the following reasons why I don’t like this place:
  • Commonplace for heavy rains and Typhoons
  • Food prices here were so expensive that we order wholesale
  • The electricity here is so unstable that anytime in a day a blackout occurs. (A blackout can last up to 3 months unless solar energy is used to power homes)
  • The current pandemic enforced us to not just wear masks but wear face shields.
  • The market size here is so small because the region is one of the poorest in the Philippines
My brain says that I like this place but my gut said NO. I hope that I could made the decision to either leave this place or stay here.

I don't know.

Last edited:

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
221%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma
I've been living here the past 18 months.
It's been pretty damn sad how badly the pandemic has affected this country.
On top of that the protests from the past 5-6 weeks have also exacerbated the tension here.
That being said they are still on the verge of going to a full re-opening.

I hear its horrible there and such a shame as the country has a decent medical infrastructure.

Are you in Medellin?

LeszekM

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
May 31, 2021
Poland is such an awesome country! It's the future of Europe, everyone will start moving to Poland at some point.

I made the bet that in 50 years, financial transfers will inverse in Europe. Poland will be giving the West money.
Wow! I have never heard such thesis until now. It is really nice to read this because usually opinions are not so pleasant. Can you please tell more why to think like that and why people will start moving to Poland at some point?

Saad Khan

Amazon Ads Guy
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Mar 14, 2021
Pakistan
Wow, just recorded 46 degrees celsius today. My body felt like it was in a furnace and I drank two liters in just 6 hours. Definitely not pleasant here in June. This makes me want to move to a colder place in summer.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
I believe in blooming where ever you are planted. I never intended to stay here in rural Alaska after my mom died -- but, I'm still here and thriving. Success is not dependent on location since every place has its unique opportunities.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Success is not dependent on location since every place has its unique opportunities.

Well that might be true for certain countries but definitely not for all. There are places where success is heavily dependent on whether you were lucky to be born on the "right" side of the border.

North Korea vs South Korea, Cuba vs Florida or the Bahamas, Belarus vs Lithuania or Poland, Haiti vs the Dominican Republic, Somalia vs Kenya or Ethiopia, just to give a few examples.

There are places where life, for the most part, terribly sucks and no amount of positive thinking will change that.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.