The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Do you do any automation to save time?

Ocean Man

Life-long learner.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Sep 26, 2018
United States
For the longest time, I've been manually entering fields for my invoices. Today, I made a quick Python script that would first ask me the invoice number and the amount of money I'm being paid. Then, it automatically opens up the web page where I generate invoices and automatically fills out the form, submits it, and then lets me review and download it myself.

Here's a .gif of the automation in action: View: https://imgur.com/a/tqvfiqm

This is a very small automation, but here are the steps I do each time I make an invoice.
- Visit the website
- Go through my email to find my previous invoice and what it was numbered.
- Copy and paste all the information from the previous invoice regarding notes, description, payment information, recipient, amount, etc...
- Press submit button

This could take me a good 2 - 3 minutes each time. But now with this script, it takes less than 5 seconds and all I have to do is review the final .pdf document before downloading it. What sort of things have you automated?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
What you're doing is a very good habit. Not only do you get work done more easily, but you force yourself to think about what the work actually is. This pays dividends in the long run... you can look at your company as a set of processes and routines that must execute, and design the systems that guarantee that execution happens.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Indulgency

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
173%
Nov 3, 2019
Most people don't understand automation. They don't even realize that almost all their cyber-chores can be automated inexpensively. They think that Automation is too expensive and/or meant for larger enterprises.

G

Guest1413tpa

All the time with No-code off the shelf solutions. Your solution is quite cool though!

Whoops -> Missed your question above. I automate payments, and other things through Zapier, when Notion support comes online I'm going to automate even more.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ocean Man

Life-long learner.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Sep 26, 2018
United States

01Ascension

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
87%
Aug 14, 2018
I have a bunch of python scripts and chrome extensions to automate stuff. Can't live without them!

Can you give us some insights on them please? Could be helpful for us.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.