The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  • Self-Promotion Saturday Now Live!

Have something to sell? Want to promote your design service or a YouTube channel? SELL-ME SATURDAY is your opportunity to self-promote anything within the sphere of entrepreneurship on one thread... and at no cost. Go There
    Note: Indiscriminate SEO backlinking to questionable material is not allowed.
  • Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs who are earning their freedom and living their dream.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The C.E.N.T.S Framework outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED®). From multimillionaires to digital nomads to side hustlers who are grinding a job, the Fastlane Forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses with one goal in mind: Freedom— both financial and temporal.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane) Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block.

OFF-TOPIC Do you do any automation to save time?

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

Ocean Man

Wealth is the product of man's capacity to think.
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Sep 26, 2018
United States
For the longest time, I've been manually entering fields for my invoices. Today, I made a quick Python script that would first ask me the invoice number and the amount of money I'm being paid. Then, it automatically opens up the web page where I generate invoices and automatically fills out the form, submits it, and then lets me review and download it myself.

Here's a .gif of the automation in action: View: https://imgur.com/a/tqvfiqm

This is a very small automation, but here are the steps I do each time I make an invoice.
- Visit the website
- Go through my email to find my previous invoice and what it was numbered.
- Copy and paste all the information from the previous invoice regarding notes, description, payment information, recipient, amount, etc...
- Press submit button

This could take me a good 2 - 3 minutes each time. But now with this script, it takes less than 5 seconds and all I have to do is review the final .pdf document before downloading it. What sort of things have you automated?

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Rabby

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
What you're doing is a very good habit. Not only do you get work done more easily, but you force yourself to think about what the work actually is. This pays dividends in the long run... you can look at your company as a set of processes and routines that must execute, and design the systems that guarantee that execution happens.

Indulgency

New Contributor
Nov 3, 2019
Most people don't understand automation. They don't even realize that almost all their cyber-chores can be automated inexpensively. They think that Automation is too expensive and/or meant for larger enterprises.

MrTrash757

Resident Trash Panda
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
May 31, 2020
Grand Rapids, MI
All the time with No-code off the shelf solutions. Your solution is quite cool though!

Whoops -> Missed your question above. I automate payments, and other things through Zapier, when Notion support comes online I'm going to automate even more.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ocean Man

Ocean Man

Wealth is the product of man's capacity to think.
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Sep 26, 2018
United States

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Just bought 5 of your Upwork courses. Thanks for making valuable content Lex!
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
I've just concluded my program with Kyle. The incubator gave me what I wanted. Now, working on a...
MARKETPLACE Fox's Web Design Guide: Earn $100K this year (Yes, 2020!) and Go Fastlane
Thanks for the detailed response. I see it similar, in the beginning, you have only a small...
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
Thanks for your offer to look at my book. Here's the link to the squeeze page Buy The Prosperous...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
The day I can afford to pay 800 a month to have someone keep me accountable is the day I've won...

Forum Sponsor

sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom