The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Do anyone has experience of doing ECommerce in Latin America?

adaltorrero

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jul 1, 2019
I am already frustrated. I own a ecommerce website specifically in Panama. We are doing as professionals with free and fast shipping, good quality products, warranty, etc.

The competition is amazing, too much competition and merchants that do not own a website, just selling thru Instagram and they just linked it with the whatsapp number. It is a price competition.

We should add that not only in my country but also in great part of Latin America, people do not use credit card and they prefer buying against delivery with cash, because they do not trust e-commerce.

I have good quality images, good brand, good products... I do not know what else to do...

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

splok

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Jul 20, 2012
I am already frustrated. I own a ecommerce website specifically in Panama. We are doing as professionals with free and fast shipping, good quality products, warranty, etc.

The competition is amazing, too much competition and merchants that do not own a website, just selling thru Instagram and they just linked it with the whatsapp number. It is a price competition.

We should add that not only in my country but also in great part of Latin America, people do not use credit card and they prefer buying against delivery with cash, because they do not trust e-commerce.

I have good quality images, good brand, good products... I do not know what else to do...

I don't know anything about your business, but doesn't the problem come down to either not providing value or communicating that value? No answers but here's a few potentially useful questions:

If you know what works in your area, why not start with that?

Maybe cash on delivery is a more concrete measure of reliability than a promise of free shipping and warranty? (one requires trust from you, the other requires trust from the buyer, but having said that, what else could you to to inspire trust?)

Is there a market or product segment where you can avoid these problems? (I assume that younger, more affluent people would trust technology more than average, as would people buying technology. Maybe they're the ones buying from Instagram? If that's where your market is, why force them through your website?)

What if your product is great but no one knows about it? Maybe it's your marketing that needs work?

Why not target other locations?

Sanj Modha

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Feb 16, 2016
In Your Newsfeed
I've sold POD shirts all over LATAM. You need to pick the right countries and Panama isn't it.

Look at the population size, access to cheap credit, payment gateways etc before you launch anything.

Do your homework.

adaltorrero

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jul 1, 2019
I've sold POD shirts all over LATAM. You need to pick the right countries and Panama isn't it.

Look at the population size, access to cheap credit, payment gateways etc before you launch anything.

Do your homework.
Yes, population is 4m and there is too many similar products on the streets... Maybe Colombia is more profitable... Thanks!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

100ToOne

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Jul 1, 2018
Hey great start.

I'm sorry I don't understand, is the problem that you're not having enough sales or you don't want the cash on delivery method?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.