The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Distress signal!

Mychal

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
300%
Mar 10, 2017
Corona, CA
My name is Mychal Carrington Williams. I'm 27 years old. I work for UPS as a package handler. I know deep down I'm not very happy where I am in life. For the past 6 years I got involved in relationships with women that in the end didn't give a shit about me and ultimately left me empty inside. I found out recently my self-less loving mother has depression and has been for awhile. She has always been there for me and my sister supporting us for most of her life. The same moment when she told me about her depression she told me that my sister and I are all her hopes, dreams, and inspirations in her life for living in this world. Wanting us to not only do better than her but to also live a happier peaceful life before she leaves this world and also mentioned long after she passes away. This broke me down and hit me soo hard emotionally because I felt I had nothing to show for it at this moment in my life. I too came to the realization that the past 6 years I've been wallowing in my own sorrow. During this time I was finding outlets to escape my despair and reality. Such as smoking weed, chasing selfish women, being around self-loathing negative people, and spending an insane amount of time playing video games. Being a lost soul trying to find a purpose with having no direction. I was going to college but I flat out hated it. I felt I was just a bag of money sitting in a chair to these colleges. Pass or fail they still get their money. Going through the motions having to deal with a obsolete educational system. Knowing that taking all these abundant amount of bullshit classes and tests had nothing to do with what I really wanted to focus on. To me this was a complete waste of my precious time and money. To having to work towards getting a piece of paper (degree) to just to work under someone above you.In all honesty, doesn't pay very well at all. Being payed alousy $200 a week with so called “decent” medical benefits to make up for the physical labor and mental toughness you go through in this line of work. I've only worked for UPS the past 1.5 years. I can safely say I dread everyday working in this amount of time that I’ve been there. Having to open countless new 55’’ long trailers filled with thousands of boxes to unload to a conveyer belt. A rinse and repeat off to a new trailer that your supervisor directs you to soon after you’ve completed the one you’re in kind of routine. I feel already depressed working there and the longer I stay I know my mental and physical health will eventually degrade. I feel it everytime I work there. From the negative vibes that I get from people that I work with there and from what I hear from my fellow co-workers. I even had a heart-to-heart conversation with a totally random fellow worker. We spoke on how we felt about our job there while we teamed up to unload boxes in a trailer together. He told me in his own words he said straight up If you have any plans or any idea on getting out of this place don't just walk out of here...RUN! This is where dreams go to die! This place is a dream killer." When he told me that, something deep down inside myself rattled me and opened up my eyes wide open. I felt in my heart and soul that I believe I deserve better than all of this. I want to upgrade my life and go on to moving forward to living a happier healthier lifestyle. I know now from what I’ve been through is that the best love you can give anyone in life is YOURSELF. By loving yourself first you understand and know what you deserve. In the end of the day and when it’s all said and done this is my story. I hold the pen to this book and for the remainder of the short time I have here on earth I WILL write my comeback story. My burning desire to change my life for the best and to show the real true love of my life my mom that her hopes, dreams, and inspirations will be fulfilled to the fullest! This is my motivational drive to my happiness and success in life. I'm putting my pride aside and I'm asking you for your help. Making connections with like-minded people and networking I believe to be the most important and optimal way to getting higher up in this world. It’s not only about what you know it’s also who you know and what you do with those connections matter most. I'm willing to do what it takes to reach higher self-growth, better understanding about wealth growth, and what it takes to have financial freedom. I believe this is the key to the life I deserve and true happiness. Not only for myself but to those who support and will help me along the way there. "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results" -Albert Einstein. I understand that what I'm doing right now with this repetitious lifestyle is insanity. In that, I know now that I'm not moving in the direction where I want to be in life. With this knowledge I also know that I can't do this alone. I need to do things differently and change to reach these goals. I've been trying to find ways by myself but to no avail. This is why I'm reaching out to all of you in hopes that you reach back out to me. This is my distress signal...

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Get Right

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
477%
Jul 16, 2013
Sunny Florida
Hey Mychal - Welcome to the forum. That's quite an introduction! Nobody here can answer all your questions or make decisions for you but if you stick around you might learn to see things from a different viewpoint. Here are some quick observations I made from your intro:

1. You must have a good work ethic because I know people that do your exact job. Kuddo's to you for sticking with it, it will serve you well later in life.

2. At 27, you are still young. Very young in fact.

she told me that my sister and me are all her hopes, dreams, and inspirations in her life for living in this world.
She might have meant something very different than how you took this. I would imagine that you being happy with your life would mean more than some made-up expectation she has for you. If not, that's not a person I would be overly concerned with meeting their expectations.

4. Read TMF until you get a good understanding of it. Maybe try practicing a few principles. Most people here are working that into their lifestyle.

5. Paragraphs Bro, lol! Us old guys can't see too good :)

Good luck and let us know how it goes!

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
So much external crap going on here. How does it help you to worry about ANYTHING someone else puts in your head? You are working and making money right now. That is great! If you want to redirect your life, do it without worrying about other people. Simply take a look at what YOU want to do.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
I believe this is the key to the life I deserve
There is NO key for the life you deserve. The choices you make will develop the life you are going to live. Happiness will come from within, not from these choices.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
My name is Mychal Carrington Williams. I'm 27 years old. I work for UPS as a package handler. I know deep down I'm not very happy where I am in life. For the past 6 years I got involved in relationships with women that in the end didn't give a shit about me and ultimately left me empty inside. I found out recently my self-less loving mother has depression and has been for awhile. She has always been there for me and my sister supporting us for most of her life. The same moment when she told me about her depression she told me that my sister and I are all her hopes, dreams, and inspirations in her life for living in this world. Wanting us to not only do better than her but to also live a happier peaceful life before she leaves this world and also mentioned long after she passes away. This broke me down and hit me soo hard emotionally because I felt I had nothing to show for it at this moment in my life. I too came to the realization that the past 6 years I've been wallowing in my own sorrow. During this time I was finding outlets to escape my despair and reality. Such as smoking weed, chasing selfish women, being around self-loathing negative people, and spending an insane amount of time playing video games. Being a lost soul trying to find a purpose with having no direction. I was going to college but I flat out hated it. I felt I was just a bag of money sitting in a chair to these colleges. Pass or fail they still get their money. Going through the motions having to deal with a obsolete educational system. Knowing that taking all these abundant amount of bullshit classes and tests had nothing to do with what I really wanted to focus on. To me this was a complete waste of my precious time and money. To having to work towards getting a piece of paper (degree) to just to work under someone above you.In all honesty, doesn't pay very well at all. Being payed alousy $200 a week with so called “decent” medical benefits to make up for the physical labor and mental toughness you go through in this line of work. I've only worked for UPS the past 1.5 years. I can safely say I dread everyday working in this amount of time that I’ve been there. Having to open countless new 55’’ long trailers filled with thousands of boxes to unload to a conveyer belt. A rinse and repeat off to a new trailer that your supervisor directs you to soon after you’ve completed the one you’re in kind of routine. I feel already depressed working there and the longer I stay I know my mental and physical health will eventually degrade. I feel it everytime I work there. From the negative vibes that I get from people that I work with there and from what I hear from my fellow co-workers. I even had a heart-to-heart conversation with a totally random fellow worker. We spoke on how we felt about our job there while we teamed up to unload boxes in a trailer together. He told me in his own words he said straight up If you have any plans or any idea on getting out of this place don't just walk out of here...RUN! This is where dreams go to die! This place is a dream killer." When he told me that, something deep down inside myself rattled me and opened up my eyes wide open. I felt in my heart and soul that I believe I deserve better than all of this. I want to upgrade my life and go on to moving forward to living a happier healthier lifestyle. I know now from what I’ve been through is that the best love you can give anyone in life is YOURSELF. By loving yourself first you understand and know what you deserve. In the end of the day and when it’s all said and done this is my story. I hold the pen to this book and for the remainder of the short time I have here on earth I WILL write my comeback story. My burning desire to change my life for the best and to show the real true love of my life my mom that her hopes, dreams, and inspirations will be fulfilled to the fullest! This is my motivational drive to my happiness and success in life. I'm putting my pride aside and I'm asking you for your help. Making connections with like-minded people and networking I believe to be the most important and optimal way to getting higher up in this world. It’s not only about what you know it’s also who you know and what you do with those connections matter most. I'm willing to do what it takes to reach higher self-growth, better understanding about wealth growth, and what it takes to have financial freedom. I believe this is the key to the life I deserve and true happiness. Not only for myself but to those who support and will help me along the way there. "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results" -Albert Einstein. I understand that what I'm doing right now with this repetitious lifestyle is insanity. In that, I know now that I'm not moving in the direction where I want to be in life. With this knowledge I also know that I can't do this alone. I need to do things differently and change to reach these goals. I've been trying to find ways by myself but to no avail. This is why I'm reaching out to all of you in hopes that you reach back out to me. This is my distress signal...
Ok cool, you know what you don't want.

What exactly DO you want?
What exactly DO you want to feel?

Whatever this dream life you have to live and when you are living this life the way you want and choose to live it...how would that make you feel? What would that life look like?

You'll never know how to get there if you don't first know the destination. But when you really think about it, when you get there, you'll go on and do other things and see their places and gain new experiences after you have it, won't you?

So this goal you're seeking out is not a destination. It more of a direction towards and endless life full of experiences and when you see things this way, your life is simply an experience and looking at the whole timeline - you can choose to experience it any way you wish.

Now that you know the goal will lead to some type of emotions that make the goal feel real, what are those emotions you want to feel internally?

You could feel that way now...

The extent of your response will determine the amount of help and support you will get from this community. judging by your progress and your actions, and not your words, How committed are you to this?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...