The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.
Anything related to matters of the mind

Trybun

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
May 24, 2024
Warsaw
Hello fastlaners! I am going to make an important decision about my improvement in digital marketing and I need some broader perspective.

I'm 18 years old from Poland and after ending high school last month, I have decided to learn digital marketing. I want to use it in the future for my business, but first I want to gain experience (I remember what @MJ DeMarco said about marketing in internet in milionaire fastlane). In order to use my theoretical knowledge, I managed to contact my friends that have been doing start-up for the last year. They have bad marketing, even though their product is great. I've founded a need in their business that could help me get into marketing. The deal is that I will learn digital marketing in the next few months and then - make them a marketing campaign with ads and all that stuff. I won't charge any money until their courses (They do courses for final exam in high school) start in September. They are trust worthy guys, but I have a diffcult decison to make, when it comes to learning digital marketing.
I can buy an expensive course (5000 zl, for instance - 3500 zl is a minimal wage in Poland) which provides connection with experienced social media managers, broad program, certificate and other benefits. Or I can learn it by myself, which will take less money, but I won't have an option to contact more experienced managers. I will do Weighted Average Decision Matrix, after I hear from you guys. What do you think? Is it necessary to take up that course? Should I consider cheaper version? Is there any other way?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Devilery

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Feb 11, 2019
Hello fastlaners! I am going to make an important decision about my improvement in digital marketing and I need some broader perspective.

I'm 18 years old from Poland and after ending high school last month, I have decided to learn digital marketing. I want to use it in the future for my business, but first I want to gain experience (I remember what @MJ DeMarco said about marketing in internet in milionaire fastlane). In order to use my theoretical knowledge, I managed to contact my friends that have been doing start-up for the last year. They have bad marketing, even though their product is great. I've founded a need in their business that could help me get into marketing. The deal is that I will learn digital marketing in the next few months and then - make them a marketing campaign with ads and all that stuff. I won't charge any money until their courses (They do courses for final exam in high school) start in September. They are trust worthy guys, but I have a diffcult decison to make, when it comes to learning digital marketing.
I can buy an expensive course (5000 zl, for instance - 3500 zl is a minimal wage in Poland) which provides connection with experienced social media managers, broad program, certificate and other benefits. Or I can learn it by myself, which will take less money, but I won't have an option to contact more experienced managers. I will do Weighted Average Decision Matrix, after I hear from you guys. What do you think? Is it necessary to take up that course? Should I consider cheaper version? Is there any other way?
F*ck whichever course you're considering. I recently signed up and scheduled a few calls here: MentorCruise - Connecting Mentors & Mentees

These guys are guaranteed to help you and charge nothing compared to all the fancy courses on social media.

Hire 3 mentors on that site.

*I'm in no way affiliated, it simply seems like a great value opportunity.

Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
448%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Trybun

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
May 24, 2024
Warsaw
F*ck whichever course you're considering. I recently signed up and scheduled a few calls here: MentorCruise - Connecting Mentors & Mentees

These guys are guaranteed to help you and charge nothing compared to all the fancy courses on social media.

Hire 3 mentors on that site.
Well, that is actually a good option. I think taking this and perhaps coursea, which has several courses about digital marketing will help me in learning it and save some money (100 dollars for mentor is like 450 zl, so this is is looking well compared to 5000 zl fot the whole course).

Trybun

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
May 24, 2024
Warsaw
You might want to read my book again.

You might want to read my book again.
Hello MJ! I also remember what You said about expensive courses, but this one seemed legit at first (This one was actually similar in proportion to what You said is "self-respecting courses", it is not a huge amount of money to have few days of studying. It is for 4 months, so it seemed like a process). Anyway, thank you - I will look up to this book again, repeat its lessons and think outside of the box.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Commit to spending $5/day on ads. You'll learn way more than going on a course.

Trybun

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
May 24, 2024
Warsaw
Commit to spending $5/day on ads. You'll learn way more than going on a course.
Yeah, that course was a very stupid idea... I wasn't looking for an event, but a great way to start a process. But it turned out to be a non-sense. I see many better opportunities now. Thanks guys! This conversation might saved my savings

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Yeah, that course was a very stupid idea... I wasn't looking for an event, but a great way to start a process. But it turned out to be a non-sense. I see many better opportunities now. Thanks guys! This conversation might saved my savings
Check out the Google Ads thread in my signature.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.