The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Digital Marketers - Payment Processing?

PapaGang

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Jul 10, 2019
Milwaukee, WI
Square, Quickbooks, Stripe, PaySimple.

You'll have to do your own homework here because you need to calculate whether or not it will be more beneficial to pay a % of your transaction charges to them as payment, or if, like PaySimple, you pay a consistent monthly charge, in exchange for smaller % of total billables.

Also you can set up recurring charges in Paypal. I used to do that for clients. Directions on setting it up can be found here:
How to Set Up Recurring Payments in Your Business | Payment Depot

sonny_1080

Creating a tool I want to use.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Oct 30, 2019
Los Angeles
Funny story.

So I've been in been in business (aka started getting paid) since May. I've been getting checks in the mail. The first time it happened I couldn't believe it was actually possible for me to be the guy that works from home and once a month collects a bunch of checks in the mail.

COVID brought the county clerk to a close and I had to mail in an application for a DBA. It took them MONTHS to get back to me. And by months I mean from June to last week (October).

Needless to say, I tried getting a payment processor for automated digital payments back in July. I even made a thread posing a question about which processor to go with... Quickbooks didn't let me without a business bank account.

The banks didn't let me open a business bank account without the DBA.

The DBA - this is my life - didn't come until last week. So I've been collecting checks in the mail for months. Surprisingly, people's reaction to mailing a check seemed to be more accepting than I anticipated.

I finally was able to open a business bank account today - thank God.

Now I'm back to the question I posed to the FLF back in July... as a digital marketer, which payment processor is best?

I'm leaning towards stripe because I read somewhere that PayPal doesn't do recurring payments.

What do you guys think is best specifically for agencies?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

sonny_1080

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Oct 30, 2019
Los Angeles
I think Im gonna go with stripe.

The customer service reviews - sold

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I setup recurring payments in Freshbooks which connects with Stripe. I sometimes setup recurring payments in PayPal.

mjb234

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
239%
Sep 18, 2018
I use Freshbooks for most of my invoicing and recurring payments. There's a monthly fee (I think starts at around $14/month and then increases to $25 once you get more than 5 clients). Despite the cost, I think the ease of use makes it worth it.

Sometimes I use Paypal if it's easier for the client.

sonny_1080

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Oct 30, 2019
Los Angeles
I set up subscriptions directly with stripe that allows me to invoice the client via email and automatically processes the monthly payments.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.