The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Diet/Behavior Change Anti-Charity Website

dollars

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Feb 26, 2016
I haven't bothered to work on it, but for many years now I've imagined that an alarm clock app which would donate to certain politicians if you hit the snooze button would fix millions of people's snooze problem and would make someone very wealthy.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Stargazer

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Mar 8, 2018
England
So how many people signed up to this stop smoking website and how many of them actually stopped smoking as a result of it?

Dan

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I remember reading that one way that people quit smoking is by having this website make a contract with you and every time you buy a pack of cigarettes it takes money out of your bank account and donates it to an anti-charity of your choice (think KKK, or NRA, or bleeding-heart liberal charity of America, Etc). Even though I quit smoking years ago, I was thinking that I would love something like this for diet foods but for some reason, it just doesn't seem to exist, or if it does it's impossible to find.

Ha Ha, I love it.

Steeltip

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
Mar 17, 2021
Houston, TX
Hi Everybody,

Let me know what yall think of this idea.

I remember reading that one way that people quit smoking is by having this website make a contract with you and every time you buy a pack of cigarettes it takes money out of your bank account and donates it to an anti-charity of your choice (think KKK, or NRA, or bleeding-heart liberal charity of America, Etc). Even though I quit smoking years ago, I was thinking that I would love something like this for diet foods but for some reason, it just doesn't seem to exist, or if it does it's impossible to find.

I have always struggled with buying junk food and spending money on unhealthy food, moderation has never been my strong suit. Even if I don't buy it when I get groceries it isn't enough of a deterrent for me because I love moving around and doing things. So I always end up just going to the store to get whatever craving suited me at the time. Sure self-control works for maybe a month or so but I always cave and end up getting Ben & Jerrys at some point and the endless cycle continues.

I think it would be a huge hit because it's exactly the thing I would be looking for to help me stay on track. I hate losing money and to think it would go to some awful group like the KKK would make me never even dream of buying an unhealthy option outside of a planned cheat day. It wouldn't even have to be an anti-charity it could just go into a mutual fund acorns style and sit there for a set period before you could touch it.

Shit, I know maybe five people off the top of my head who could benefit from this idea and I know I can execute.

Tell me what you guys think I would love any feedback

Steeltip

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
Mar 17, 2021
Houston, TX
I haven't bothered to work on it, but for many years now I've imagined that an alarm clock app which would donate to certain politicians if you hit the snooze button would fix millions of people's snooze problem and would make someone very wealthy.
That's genius!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.