The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Did Google just update again?

Marketing, social media, advertising

Trevor Kuntz

Professional Dog Owner
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
274%
Feb 5, 2012
Arizona
Yesterday (6/4) at around 1 PST, I saw my site drop from page 7 (my site has only been up a month) to page 19, and today, it's not even in the top 900 results for a really low-competition keyword. The site that I would consider one of my two main competitors has been around for years and they dropped from #1 on page 1 to top of page 12.

I'm so confused. Lol. I think it might be time to start doing marketing completely outside of the internet (and Google's domain), because Google is just killing me! What they keep doing makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Trevor Kuntz

Professional Dog Owner
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
274%
Feb 5, 2012
Arizona
3 of my satellite sites have moved up into the top 5 results, but my main site isn't even in the top 3 for the exact domain match. What the heck?

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Does google factor in the volume of visitors to your site?

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
I think it might be time to start doing marketing completely outside of the internet (and Google's domain), because Google is just killing me!
And this is why a lot of people now rely more on social media and their own marketing efforts. Google tries too hard to clean their results page. It is an arms race out there...

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

pegasus

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Dec 30, 2011
Yep, looks like there was a change. My site dropped again, and is now on the 5th page and my competitor who is doing the same old thing of article blasts, private blogs, just came back to page 2; he had dropped out of the rankings after the matt cutts 2nd penguin update just a couple of weeks ago, but today he is back on page 2. Lame cause his site is like 3 months old and is full of generic, 500 word articles.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I love my new placement. :D im dominating.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.