The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Developing my website

Mohammad Asal

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Aug 29, 2020
Lebanon, Bekaa
Hello everyone,

I'm Mohamad Asal, 16 yo lebanese. I'm really glad @MJ DeMarco decided to write his book Fast lane Millionaire! As it changed my mindset!

Ever since i read it (5 mon. ago). I searched for "needs" like a cat chasing a mouse. Before reading the book, I was a programmer and a machine learning hobbyist. My dream was landing a job with a PhD degree in data science. Now everything changed...

Many of you don't know lebanon (pre explosion). Since the end of 2019, protests emerged in the country calling for a revolution to overthrow the ruling class (this class is lebanon exclusive). Anyway, as any revolution, it lacked organization...

I wondered what could organize the protesters and unite them. And how politics would change in a post-revolution world. Until recently (3 mon. ago), I was reading a book called "green book" by the infamous (he's infamous only in the west) Gaddafi. His idea of changing democracy from "representative democracy" to "popular democracy" hooked me. I believe this is the change we need in Lebanon. Not only lebanon, but every country pursuing true democracy.

So I wrote an essay (Arabic only), about the problems in lebanese political structure and how to face them. Moreover, I called for a social media platform that is owned by the government and that serves as a democratic instrument. It links people together to form laws and vote on them.

My web development skills aren't very good. So i decided to leave the idea for experts. Then MJ words hit me like a lightning. I realized that I shouldn't dump an idea, I should take action.

So I started refreshing my memory with a couple of books about front-end development. After a month, I started building the website. It was quite a journey. Here I am now, I am almost done (need 3 more weeks).

I built a website that let's every user propose a law, propose an edit for the law, vote for both things. I believe I am stepping the first step into "true democracy". But, as Schopenhauer states, every idea has three stages (paraphrasing). First it's ridiculed, then oppressed, and finally accepted. I'm in the first stage right now.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mohammad Asal

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Aug 29, 2020
Lebanon, Bekaa
So, what happens when a lot of people sign up for your website, propose a law, vote on them, etc...What happens next?

Elegant question! The website has a certain mechanism to work as intended. First, only level A moderates are allowed to "Sign Up" new members. Every member must be a member if the "white party".

So the site helps me in organizing a political party. The "white party" DOESN'T HAVE AN IDEOLOGY.

After 2 years most, Parlament elections will take place. If the "white party" wins a representative (not a hard task in Lebanon), I will start to develop my website as an International service for any political party in the world.

Before winning the representation in law, the sole purpose of the website is to provide ORGANIZATION for the protesters.

alexkuzmov

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria
Hello everyone,

I'm Mohamad Asal, 16 yo lebanese. I'm really glad @MJ DeMarco decided to write his book Fast lane Millionaire! As it changed my mindset!

Ever since i read it (5 mon. ago). I searched for "needs" like a cat chasing a mouse. Before reading the book, I was a programmer and a machine learning hobbyist. My dream was landing a job with a PhD degree in data science. Now everything changed...

Many of you don't know lebanon (pre explosion). Since the end of 2019, protests emerged in the country calling for a revolution to overthrow the ruling class (this class is lebanon exclusive). Anyway, as any revolution, it lacked organization...

I wondered what could organize the protesters and unite them. And how politics would change in a post-revolution world. Until recently (3 mon. ago), I was reading a book called "green book" by the infamous (he's infamous only in the west) Gaddafi. His idea of changing democracy from "representative democracy" to "popular democracy" hooked me. I believe this is the change we need in Lebanon. Not only lebanon, but every country pursuing true democracy.

So I wrote an essay (Arabic only), about the problems in lebanese political structure and how to face them. Moreover, I called for a social media platform that is owned by the government and that serves as a democratic instrument. It links people together to form laws and vote on them.

My web development skills aren't very good. So i decided to leave the idea for experts. Then MJ words hit me like a lightning. I realized that I shouldn't dump an idea, I should take action.

So I started refreshing my memory with a couple of books about front-end development. After a month, I started building the website. It was quite a journey. Here I am now, I am almost done (need 3 more weeks).

I built a website that let's every user propose a law, propose an edit for the law, vote for both things. I believe I am stepping the first step into "true democracy". But, as Schopenhauer states, every idea has three stages (paraphrasing). First it's ridiculed, then oppressed, and finally accepted. I'm in the first stage right now.
Its very good to hear that you`re taking action on an idea you have.
It`ll be an opportunity for you to learn skills and network with other people.
This will lead you to a better place.

That being said, politics is more complicated than you think it is.
I know that it seems that you have things figured out at 16, but you have a long way to go.
I dont mean to discourage you.
When you first enter any field of study, any business or domain (however you want to call it) things seem simpler than they actually are.
After you`ve spent enough time you realize how vast the field is, this is escpecially true about politics.
To sum up, the first stage is you start and you think you know, then you realize you know nothing.
Thats when the true learning begins.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mohammad Asal

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Aug 29, 2020
Lebanon, Bekaa
Its very good to hear that you`re taking action on an idea you have.
It`ll be an opportunity for you to learn skills and network with other people.
This will lead you to a better place.

That being said, politics is more complicated than you think it is.
I know that it seems that you have things figured out at 16, but you have a long way to go.
I dont mean to discourage you.
When you first enter any field of study, any business or domain (however you want to call it) things seem simpler than they actually are.
After you`ve spent enough time you realize how vast the field is, this is escpecially true about politics.
To sum up, the first stage is you start and you think you know, then you realize you know nothing.
Thats when the true learning begins.

Lebanon population is very small. I (alone) have greeted and talked to 3 representatives. 1 of them I talk to on a yearly basis. Politics in small countries are different than big countries. To win a representative in Lebanon, 7000 votes is enough in my area.

In order to build a strong base, I contacted a friend of mine. He has a wide network of leading figures in the protests. What I'm worried about isn't the political spectrum. It is the internet accessibility among citizens...

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.