The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Developing an idea without giving away too much info

Idea threads

Jito

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Dec 2, 2007
Bay Area
So lets say you have an idea, that you believe is very good, however it requires a level of technical knowledge beyond your expertise. How do you go about consulting experts without giving away too much information? Are non-disclosure agreements valid? Anyone with experience developing software/databases that relate to the internet? Sorry for the vagueness...I'm sure yall understand. Any and all input is appreciated

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jito

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Dec 2, 2007
Bay Area
For the benefit of others...This is what I was interested in. Thanks Peter2, and PhxMJ for your contribution

You guys are a little too concerned about your "idea". An idea means very little. It doesn't matter what you come up with. Chances are that someone else has already come up with the same idea.

What DOES matter, is how you execute and market your idea.

Friendster came up with an idea, but they are not nearly as successful as Myspace and Facebook that pretty much copied the idea.

One of my companies sold a product that thousands of companies all over the world had sold for decades when I started. I just decided to market it a different way, and within two years had the largest company in the world. The second largest company had been around for more than 25 years at the time.

Bottomline, it's very little about the idea and very much how you market that idea.

I was going to write something to this effect, but Peter beat me to it.

Everyone seems so concerned about protecting their idea when they really should be worried about execution. Speed++

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.