• The forum software will be upgraded on Sunday May 26th and may not look normal during the transition. Some functionality may be offline. This is TEMPORARY and is expected to last up to 48 hours.

Designer and Tinkerer

carlhuber

New Contributor
Hey there everyone. I thought I'd poke around for a few days and I like the look of the posts here. I often read financial blogs even though I don't have a head for investing in things like real estate. I'm more of a hands-on professional service oriented type of guy. Still, I figured, hey, why not see what happens? You all seem to have a great and positive attitude towards earning.

I'm a graphic designer, but I do freelance design work on the side and just finished up a year of teaching a night course at college, and I run a website on the side for fun that nets a little extra, but it's mainly a hobby. As you can see, I love doing a variety of projects and I get a kick out of earning money but I don't like the whole "you have to spend money to make money" mindset. I built my website up from nothing, I taught my college class from zero, and my career as a designer didn't cost anything. Okay, sure, I'm not a millionaire, but...well. That's just me.

I'm 27, my wife and I are about 5 months into our first home, in NY (looking for the little freezing guy emoticon... it's 3 degrees after windchill this morning). I like whiskey, and I'm working on scotch. I think I've rambled enough for a first post. So...hey.

:tiphat:

MJ DeMarco

Raving Lunatic
Staff member
Speedway Pass
FASTLANE INSIDER
LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Thanks for introducing yourself and welcome.