The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Depressed by wasted time with 0 accomplishment

Raphd

Still in the ashes...
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Aug 7, 2018
Swiss Alps
First, welcome to the forum

I can relate to this somewhat. I have 2 daughters and a wife that I would have to support off of one income, but I'm thankful that I can do this with one job and I'm still able to come home nightly to see them.

If you want my 2 cents, there are lot of opportunities you can do from home (ie. learn how to build websites, learn how to code and create app's or even write a book that you can give value to society). I'm in the same boat as you for I am also limited with my time as well. I'm in the midst of writing a book based off of MJ's book TMF . These are just some ideas.

I can also relate to this as well. Before reading Unscripted and TMF at 46, I thought that going to school to get good grades which, in turn, will get me into a good college only to find out that I borrowed my way through college for 6 years only to pay for it for the rest of my life. My first job was working at Lowe's and still haven't been able to pay off my loans yet at 48 years old.

I just wanted you to now that, like me, it's never too late to turn the tides in your life. Like MJ said in his book it doesn't discriminate and it doesn't care if your 20 years old or 60 or if you have an Ivy League degree or a GED, TMF meets you where you are now presently in your life. The question now is what are you going to do about it from this point?

I'm still fighting on to the realm of success and wealth, even though it might take me a little longer to get there, will you join me/us?

Thank you for this Ivan M. Its very touching to have someone else in the same situation and understand some of the pain points and frustrations. But at the same time its also very motivating. Let's do this for our future and the future of our kids!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

rebel dude

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Oct 8, 2018
pardon on my English
I think you are over doing.you just need to slow down a bit reading books is a good habit to have you wake up early is a very hard habit to master but the things that really matter is what you achieved with the time.
how to really achieve things.
ok ill give you my example
so I recently found out that PUBG has good demand(i don't play games and I don't know anything about it) so first, I google where can I sell my PUBG mobile a/c.there are many platforms to sell a/c
and I found player auction.

TASKS
*find an a/c(very easy when most of your friend play that game)
*create bank a/c
*create PayPal a/c
*list
now I know what exactly I need to do give every task a deadline.
here is how I've done it
I list the a/c by asking my friend for a screenshot and list it when someone messages me and ready to buy it ill buy it from my friend and sell it very easy (its arbitrage)
ill get it for like 20$ from my friend and ill flip it for like 80-90$.after all the fees(PayPal and player auction takes a cut )you get more like 50-55$ in profit that like 4k in Indian rupee and I've done it several times .you find the actionable task you do it.
hope this helps:)

Raphd

Still in the ashes...
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Aug 7, 2018
Swiss Alps
So after a few weeks of being offline and trying to concetrate on finding an idea I finally decided to launch a beauty related product that would help with appearance but also has other benefits in my home country of Switzerland.

So after the selecting an idea my next step would be to validate the market to make sure there is demand. So did a little research and looks like the best way to do this for a beauty product is through either Facebook or Instagram ok perfect. Started to get the ad and copy ready and that is when the penny dropped.
There are four official languages in Switzerland and none are English...I only know 2 of them but not the dominant one...do I still go ahead and get someone to keep translating for me knowing that this will probably be a permant need for my entire business and potentially slow me down because everytime I will need to depend on this to be done? Or should I go back to the drawing board and look for something that could have a more international presence like web designer (its just an example I have no web design background).

To be honest I rather look for something else then try to learn a new language. You brutal honesty is more then welcomed cause I am tired of doing the samething over and over.

Pick something, get excited about picking an idea, fiddle with the idea a little bit, find a few obstacles, deal with some and then puff all the motivation and excitment for the idea vanishes and I end up back to square one filling my mind with information I won’t use or taking fake actions.

Anyone think that somekind of one to one session would help me or any other suggestions?

Thanks again and don't worry about being harsh I can take it and need it.

srodrigo

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Sep 11, 2018
My greatest fear is to die with the regret of never starting and creating something meanigful in this world and even greater not giving my son the example that he doesn’t need to follow the disheartening path of spending years and crippeling amounts of money in an education system that will not guarantee him a sucessful life. Kids have it tough now how will it be 20 years from now?

I think @AgainstAllOdds has given you the recipe. It's easy to keep reading and reading, and you would never finish in 10 lives. It's ok to read to change your mindset, but once that's done (and given your quote above I want to think so), only read what you need to learn next. Use your greatest fear to fuel your will, create a process by taking actions and converting them into habits, and eventually into a new lifestyle, and you'll be on track.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
Sounds like you are piddling instead of actually working to find a Productocracy.
Quit wasting time and half assing.
Reread the book and get to work.
Create an MVP. Sell one. Pivot.

Sampath

Be the Change that you want to see in this world
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Sep 30, 2018
Canberra, Australia
ACTION is the only cure to fight F.E.A.R my friend. Start taking little actions everyday. my friend.
If you want a trigger to start; Imagine you are jobless and you need to bring food to the table and "your doing something valuable in the business is the only option"... i m not sure if this may work for you, but if it does, then why not.
F-False; E-Enemy/Evidence; A-Appearing; R-Real

Sampath

Be the Change that you want to see in this world
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Sep 30, 2018
Canberra, Australia
So after the selecting an idea my next step would be to validate the market to make sure there is demand. So did a little research and looks like the best way to do this for a beauty product is through either Facebook or Instagram ok perfect. Started to get the ad and copy ready and that is when the penny dropped.
There are four official languages in Switzerland and none are English...I only know 2 of them but not the dominant one...do I still go ahead and get someone to keep translating for me knowing that this will probably be a permant need for my entire business and potentially slow me down because everytime I will need to depend on this to be done? Or should I go back to the drawing board and look for something that could have a more international presence like web designer (its just an example I have no web design background).

To be honest I rather look for something else then try to learn a new language. You brutal honesty is more then welcomed cause I am tired of doing the samething over and over.

Pick something, get excited about picking an idea, fiddle with the idea a little bit, find a few obstacles, deal with some and then puff all the motivation and excitment for the idea vanishes and I end up back to square one filling my mind with information I won’t use or taking fake actions.
I get a feeling that you are trying to satisfy everybody [the world].
What problem are you trying to solve here? I get a feeling here you are trying to make money vs. what problem you want to solve.
For me - if it is the beauty product, i would not bother not knowing 2 languages, will focus on the other two i know. Focus on what I can with what I have. Since this is an online venture, you can offer to the world, unless you want to restrict yourself to the local market.
Importantly- to validate something you have to take end-end, can't stop mid-way unless your idea/product is drastically not helping the customer. OR. You have'nt thought through really what is required. again you are jumping to one to another shining object.
You can keep reading stuff for keeping right mindset; may be 20-30 minutes a day and take action with the remaining time. I know it is challenging and hard. Only you can answer if it is worth.

I don't mind helping.. I am not sure how to go 1-1 through this forum; will find out and keep in touch.

Ivan2BAlive

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 24, 2017
Louisville, KY
Thank you for this Ivan M. Its very touching to have someone else in the same situation and understand some of the pain points and frustrations. But at the same time its also very motivating. Let's do this for our future and the future of our kids!
Likewise, lets do this!!!

Bekit

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Aug 13, 2018
So after a few weeks of being offline and trying to concetrate on finding an idea I finally decided to launch a beauty related product.
[...]

Anyone think that somekind of one to one session would help me or any other suggestions?

Why can't you just launch your product in English? Doesn't almost everyone in Europe speak at least some English, regardless of the "official" language?

Is there any reason why you'd be limited to just distributing within the borders of the country? If it's cosmetics, it seems like you could sell to the whole English-speaking world...everybody has skin. :)

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
Why can't you just launch your product in English? Doesn't almost everyone in Europe speak at least some English, regardless of the "official" language?

Is there any reason why you'd be limited to just distributing within the borders of the country? If it's cosmetics, it seems like you could sell to the whole English-speaking world...everybody has skin.

Even if we just looked at the European Union it sounds like a no brainer to me.

Population of Switzerland (2017) 8.42 million
Population of EU (2017) 511.8 million

English is the most commonly spoken foreign language in 19 out of 25 EU countries (excluding the UK and Ireland)

This graph represents the percentage of Europeans that speak English as a foreign or second language (plus Turkey). This goes back to 2005 so you can expect a slight improvement. So for example in Sweden almost 90% can speak English (my son subcontracts exclusively to a Swedish company, and apart from a handful of pleasantries, speaks no Swedish).

English_as_a_foreign_and_second_language_in_the_EU_and_Turkey,_2005.jpg

Food for thought perhaps?

User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Dec 28, 2018
Well, you didn't fail. That's called getting experience. Remember what Edison said about 10000 unsuccessful attempts? Many successful people failed miserably before they achieved something. Didn't you ask yourself why are there not so many successful people? Because the threshold of success is very high. It's called endurance. If you can get through all the shit that life throws at you, then you'll get what you want. I bet you just give up too early as you mentioned the abandoned affiliate websites.

jpn

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
286%
May 6, 2017
Netherlands
So after a few weeks of being offline and trying to concetrate on finding an idea I finally decided to launch a beauty related product that would help with appearance but also has other benefits in my home country of Switzerland.

Since 3 out of the 4 languages are also major European languages (French, German, Italian) wouldn't you be able to sell to those markets too? Depending on which of those 3 you're a native in? Those markets are massive (compared to Switzerland).

Also, cart before the horse? Why worry about expanding your market before you you're sure you can deliver and make money? If it works in your own small market you should be able to afford translation services. If it doesn't work in your small market, there may not be any need to bother with expanding.

Stop looking for problems. You'll find them. Offer a solution see how that develops and when problems arise handle them accordingly. Your objections feel like asking: how on earth will I pay my tax bill when I make 100 million CHF in the future? I can't afford that. Best not try and look for a way to make 10.000 CHF. Once you have a running business, however small, you'll figure out the logical next steps to expand. Take one step at a time.

Raphd

Still in the ashes...
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Aug 7, 2018
Swiss Alps
Thanks everyone for the motivation and eye openers. Really need to stop finding objections and really start executing upon an idea.

LiveEntrepreneur

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Aug 17, 2017
Australia
Thanks everyone for the motivation and eye openers. Really need to stop finding objections and really start executing upon an idea.
Thought I'd make a quick comment to help you. I've been doing something lately that is making my life alot easier and if you are facing this issue might help you.

if you are like me and not sure on the process or not sure how things work, asking a million questions before doing then do something and ask a few more, feeling uncertain about decision. All this type of shit will cause you stress/overthinking and procrastination (at least in my experience it has). The simple solution that i live by is to STOP GIVING A F*ck. Seriously. I just focus on what i think i should do and then do it. I noticed that caring so much just added unnessecary stress. the uncertainy feeling hits me then i remind myself "F*ck it im going to do it anyway" its removed the stress off of me. stop caring about the result and if your doing it right and just do it. if you care about all the things i mentioned above im pretty certain you will get stressed out. Ive noticed everywhere the reason people stress is because they care. Especially at my workplace if your at work and you F*ck the job up who cares. Do fix it because thats your job, but internally i think have the attitude of "whatever, i dont really care but ill do it anyway ". This might all seem stupid but give it a shot.

CopyDane

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
Jul 11, 2017

Apologizes for being so direct, but have you still not started? Just curious because I can somewhat relate. If you have started something since your last entry in this thread however, I'd love to hear about it. :)

Best wishes

Raphd

Still in the ashes...
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Aug 7, 2018
Swiss Alps
Thought I'd make a quick comment to help you. I've been doing something lately that is making my life alot easier and if you are facing this issue might help you.

if you are like me and not sure on the process or not sure how things work, asking a million questions before doing then do something and ask a few more, feeling uncertain about decision. All this type of shit will cause you stress/overthinking and procrastination (at least in my experience it has). The simple solution that i live by is to STOP GIVING A F*ck. Seriously. I just focus on what i think i should do and then do it. I noticed that caring so much just added unnessecary stress. the uncertainy feeling hits me then i remind myself "F*ck it im going to do it anyway" its removed the stress off of me. stop caring about the result and if your doing it right and just do it. if you care about all the things i mentioned above im pretty certain you will get stressed out. Ive noticed everywhere the reason people stress is because they care. Especially at my workplace if your at work and you F*ck the job up who cares. Do fix it because thats your job, but internally i think have the attitude of "whatever, i dont really care but ill do it anyway ". This might all seem stupid but give it a shot.

LiveEntrepreneur thank you for your insight I know what you mean and kind of relate, my issue is more related to picking an idea and sticking with it until I know its not worth perusing anymore.

Apologizes for being so direct, but have you still not started? Just curious because I can somewhat relate. If you have started something since your last entry in this thread however, I'd love to hear about it. :)

Best wishes

To be honest CopyDane since starting this thread not much has changed I continue spending a couple hours a day action faking. Still struggling to understand why I am not committing to anything and take the leap of faith. What I have been observing is that I haven't had a FY moment nor do I really have a great enough Y to get out of my comfort zone. I've got a well paid corporate job which only become stressful during deadline times which only happen every 3-4 months, I travel extensively which is one of the down side being away from my family but it also has its upside when I bring my family with. My thinking now is that I don't have any immediate pain that would drive to do anything but on the other side I have nothing to lose...So in this case what should I do? Buy a business and learn from it?

yomtov

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Dec 8, 2018
Stop Reading.

Write out 5 ideas.

Make sure they all create value.

Get market feedback on those ideas.

Choose 1 and pursue it.

Make a progress thread if you want guidance.
How getting a market feedback ? I m in the same situation, jumping from an idea to another. If you want to launch a service or a product how do you test the market before spending time and money on it ? Thank you

plutownium

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Oct 17, 2018
... just gonna enter this thread here because i have similar things going on...

i paid $4k for hypnotherapy training back in June 2018 because I read the course's advertising say:
"- depression" in the list of training subjects.

So there I go, expecting to learn enough to help people with depression afterwards. I figured that at the minimum I would be able to open up a hypnotherapy practice, take on 5-8 clients a week for $200/hr, and be set earning income while I save up for other businesses.

Not so...

3rd week of the 160 hour 4 week program comes. We "cover" depression in like 3 hours. i'm stymied. It's like 3 pages of a handout and I expected *thorough* training. And the academy owner says no refunds. OK.

so I finish the course with enough training to do timeline therapy, parts therapy and age regression, just like every other hypnotherapist in north america (as far as I can tell). I'm like, what can I do with it?

Well, I can help people overcome bad habits. I can help people remove "emotional issues" such as recurring negativity. I can help people with "confidence" by reading them scripts of suggestion about it. I'm not particularly impressed by anything but the instructor charges $250/session for it somehow. IDK

It hit me that I could help men in the seduction market remove the fear of rejection and approach anxiety. Hypothetically that would work. But I hit a roadblock.

That means I have to associate myself with the god damn PUA market, which I don't wanna do. Not worth $400/hr. Just not. The long term hit to the reputation is yuge.

Separately, I tried hitting up the local university to advertise to students, offering assistance with concentration for studying (I can abolish a person's phone usage habits if they want it done, enabling better study skills). nope. students are broke and don't care. plus the student union took my flyers down. sweet.

Plus, there's another problem: The therapy itself is super unpleasant. I hate doing it. Parts therapy makes me deeply uncomfortable. I never would've signed up if I knew I would have to evoke a "part" of the person to talk to me through the person as if theres another person in there or something. Too F*cking weird for me to handle. It makes me feel delusional every time I see it happen.

And now I'm left with an even bigger problem...

I'm in the biggest of catch 22s. I have no income, can't ask my parents for money (they're retired & poor now). No energy to work myself out of the debt, and the job market in Vancouver is garbage. I have no job skills. Hypothetically I have copywriting skills and could write FB ads. but no employer will give a F*ck. So I get to either be unemployed or work for ~$13 an hour just like I have for the past 10 years of my life (am 28)

the damnest thing is that after posting like 30 FB posts telling people what I can do, the best I got is two "freebie" clients coming to me for practice... or so they said... no one showed. cool. I'll take my ball and go home.

Moving on...

I've failed with supplying the local rave scene with beads I figured they would need... small failure but it's not helpful for morale. That was ~3 years ago and sunk $300 but that's, well, big money. I've only ever made about $10,500 in a year at most.

From August to December I worked cleaning gutters in the rich part of town. Stupid trade. $800 a week to climb on top of houses and risk falling to death. Quit at the end of December after my employer tried to pressure me into discussing private health issues when I needed to visit the doctor.

I understand FB ads and copywriting skills I learned around November last year might pay off if I work with them but I don't have the energy to do it. I'm lucky to have 1 hour of energy for it per day. The point of learning copywriting was to open a dropshipping store but, as James Holt (@StartSellingSSS) says, your first one probably fails & becomes a learning experience -- but I don't have the $700 I need to fail.

Total negative feedback loop... you can probably tell how much energy I have for improving myself. Almost none. Been like this for years and I see no way of getting out of it. Not sure the energetic 20 year old version of me even exists anymore.

dunno what to do.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...