The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Dealing with Many Ideas

Accelerate wealth. Build a business that pays freedom. Join more than 70,000 entrepreneurs and register for the Fastlane Entrepreneur forum. Remove ads? Join the INSIDERS.

pranaman

New Contributor
Dec 7, 2018
Hi all,

I have a lot of ideas. I keep track of most of them in a spreadsheet. Sometimes some feel more right at times than others. I've been inching some of them along, and I've made some progress. One is a health-related digital art file which I have uploaded it to a few "print on demand" sites, available for t-shirts, stickers, cell phone cases, etc.
I ordered a few shirts as samples, and some stickers. I have it on my laptop, someone said they liked it, wanted one, and I sold one to him. Very humble start, but a start nonetheless.

Now, to scale it, or decide if that's the one, and promote it, or go to another on my list.

Anyone else deal with a lot of ideas, and if so, how do you deal with many, and either rank them, or do something to have it provide decent results?

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Roysc

New Contributor
Jun 16, 2019
The Netherlands
Hi all,

I have a lot of ideas. I keep track of most of them in a spreadsheet. Sometimes some feel more right at times than others. I've been inching some of them along, and I've made some progress. One is a health-related digital art file which I have uploaded it to a few "print on demand" sites, available for t-shirts, stickers, cell phone cases, etc.
I ordered a few shirts as samples, and some stickers. I have it on my laptop, someone said they liked it, wanted one, and I sold one to him. Very humble start, but a start nonetheless.

Now, to scale it, or decide if that's the one, and promote it, or go to another on my list.

Anyone else deal with a lot of ideas, and if so, how do you deal with many, and either rank them, or do something to have it provide decent results?

It is always good to have lots of ideas, but the downside is that it will consume loads of time. I think it works the best to filter the ideas out which are most related to your skills, grow potential and your connections in the different sectors.

Looking for couses on udemy.com for instance can help you add more value to your ideas to increase chances of success.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore

Find the most promising 2 out of the list, then get a prototype / mockup / sample made.
Run influencer shoutouts for your product / run FB ads / run FB Messenger lead gen ads to test the reaction of your target audience.
Axe the one (or both) if it has no response. If the response is lukewarm, continue with improving the product and repeat the process.

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read Rat-Race Escape!
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Fountain Hills, AZ

Napoolion

Bronze Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Feb 8, 2014
Is that an acronym, inside joke. I'm missing something, mind explaining MJ. I also have many ideas, and ranking them is something I need to do.

it's in the book.
Control
Entry
Need
Time
Scale

I thought I had many ideas too until I started implementing them. Then I discover from market / feedback something what totally kills the idea. :)

MHP368

Gold Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Aug 17, 2016
Sahuarita AZ
I keep journals handy to dump those ideas so they dont clutter my mind and get me off focus. Pick something and go.

Seems like you made a first sale right? So why not take that and run with it. You'll need to market the designs , that means ads (facebook , google etc). You'll need them available , go find out where you can place the designs (red bubble , merch by amazon etc). Go!

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Fountain Hills, AZ
Is that an acronym, inside joke. I'm missing something, mind explaining MJ. I also have many ideas, and ranking them is something I need to do.

I spent 6 years of my life writing 2 books that fully explained it. If you're looking to solve your idea problem (and the problems that come after selecting an idea) I would suggest reading them. Good luck.

Roysc

New Contributor
Jun 16, 2019
The Netherlands
it's in the book.
Control
Entry
Need
Time
Scale

I thought I had many ideas too until I started implementing them. Then I discover from market / feedback something what totally kills the idea. :)

I can relate to this a lot, but it’s better to find out sooner then later... would you count those ideas for failures?

Napoolion

Bronze Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Feb 8, 2014
I can relate to this a lot, but it’s better to find out sooner then later... would you count those ideas for failures?
Usually you learn something good, so you can try better again with something else. So you can even write it as a success of seeing through that it is just not going to work out right now than to live in a self help positive bubble. Most important is to avoid fear and keep going. Recognising when to keep going or fall back can be great asset.

Ismail941

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
May 7, 2019
Too much is really bad but tracking on few ideas is goood!

pranaman

New Contributor
Dec 7, 2018
Wow, thank you all. I didn't get an email that anyone replied, so I thought no one did. Luckily, someone DM'ed me, I checked that and then the thread, and I see the replies. Thank you!

I went to a coach here at the local SF library. He gave some ideas. As for the list, anyone read Side Hustle School? I did, the author had "Tinder for Startups" or something like that. Thought it was a good idea, because he suggested to forecast potential earnings.

Progress: emailed a company in China about a main part for a physical product.

One of my other main one is promoting a print-on-demand image. I've placed the art on redbubble, AM, and threadless. I have links on my website.

I like the idea of
...made a first sale right? So why not take that and run with it. You'll need to market the designs , that means ads (facebook , google etc). You'll need them available , go find out where you can place the designs (red bubble , merch by amazon etc). Go!

Now, to better market and promote it, that I don't know a lot about. Where are some good places to start?

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Freelance University: Solve Every Freelance Problem (Especially on Upwork)
For those who are just seeing this, there are currently a total of 15 live courses and 1...
MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2021
Fox's Web School helps you learn a specialized skill which you can use to get to Fastlane. It's...
MARKETPLACE NEW: The Best School for Going Fastlane (Now open for summer enrollment)
With 300+ students, the method and/or main sources of traffic don't saturate? Seems web design...
MARKETPLACE Not sure how to start? This free book will teach you how to build a successful web design business
Hi Fox. Starting the book and got through the introduction. Had a conversation with Andy Black...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Chris is super sharp and is aware of many facets of entrepreneurship and can help get your...

Learn Fastlane Business Skills & Get Profitable Within 30 Days...

Get Started Now

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom