The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Dealing with Many Ideas

Idea threads

pranaman

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Dec 7, 2018
Hi all,

I have a lot of ideas. I keep track of most of them in a spreadsheet. Sometimes some feel more right at times than others. I've been inching some of them along, and I've made some progress. One is a health-related digital art file which I have uploaded it to a few "print on demand" sites, available for t-shirts, stickers, cell phone cases, etc.
I ordered a few shirts as samples, and some stickers. I have it on my laptop, someone said they liked it, wanted one, and I sold one to him. Very humble start, but a start nonetheless.

Now, to scale it, or decide if that's the one, and promote it, or go to another on my list.

Anyone else deal with a lot of ideas, and if so, how do you deal with many, and either rank them, or do something to have it provide decent results?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Roysc

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Jun 16, 2019
The Netherlands
Hi all,

I have a lot of ideas. I keep track of most of them in a spreadsheet. Sometimes some feel more right at times than others. I've been inching some of them along, and I've made some progress. One is a health-related digital art file which I have uploaded it to a few "print on demand" sites, available for t-shirts, stickers, cell phone cases, etc.
I ordered a few shirts as samples, and some stickers. I have it on my laptop, someone said they liked it, wanted one, and I sold one to him. Very humble start, but a start nonetheless.

Now, to scale it, or decide if that's the one, and promote it, or go to another on my list.

Anyone else deal with a lot of ideas, and if so, how do you deal with many, and either rank them, or do something to have it provide decent results?

It is always good to have lots of ideas, but the downside is that it will consume loads of time. I think it works the best to filter the ideas out which are most related to your skills, grow potential and your connections in the different sectors.

Looking for couses on udemy.com for instance can help you add more value to your ideas to increase chances of success.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore

Find the most promising 2 out of the list, then get a prototype / mockup / sample made.
Run influencer shoutouts for your product / run FB ads / run FB Messenger lead gen ads to test the reaction of your target audience.
Axe the one (or both) if it has no response. If the response is lukewarm, continue with improving the product and repeat the process.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Napoolion

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Feb 8, 2014
Is that an acronym, inside joke. I'm missing something, mind explaining MJ. I also have many ideas, and ranking them is something I need to do.

it's in the book.
Control
Entry
Need
Time
Scale

I thought I had many ideas too until I started implementing them. Then I discover from market / feedback something what totally kills the idea. :)

MHP368

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Aug 17, 2016
Sahuarita AZ
I keep journals handy to dump those ideas so they dont clutter my mind and get me off focus. Pick something and go.

Seems like you made a first sale right? So why not take that and run with it. You'll need to market the designs , that means ads (facebook , google etc). You'll need them available , go find out where you can place the designs (red bubble , merch by amazon etc). Go!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Is that an acronym, inside joke. I'm missing something, mind explaining MJ. I also have many ideas, and ranking them is something I need to do.

I spent 6 years of my life writing 2 books that fully explained it. If you're looking to solve your idea problem (and the problems that come after selecting an idea) I would suggest reading them. Good luck.

Roysc

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Jun 16, 2019
The Netherlands
it's in the book.
Control
Entry
Need
Time
Scale

I thought I had many ideas too until I started implementing them. Then I discover from market / feedback something what totally kills the idea. :)

I can relate to this a lot, but it’s better to find out sooner then later... would you count those ideas for failures?

Napoolion

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Feb 8, 2014
I can relate to this a lot, but it’s better to find out sooner then later... would you count those ideas for failures?
Usually you learn something good, so you can try better again with something else. So you can even write it as a success of seeing through that it is just not going to work out right now than to live in a self help positive bubble. Most important is to avoid fear and keep going. Recognising when to keep going or fall back can be great asset.

Ismail941

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
May 7, 2019
Too much is really bad but tracking on few ideas is goood!

pranaman

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Dec 7, 2018
Wow, thank you all. I didn't get an email that anyone replied, so I thought no one did. Luckily, someone DM'ed me, I checked that and then the thread, and I see the replies. Thank you!

I went to a coach here at the local SF library. He gave some ideas. As for the list, anyone read Side Hustle School? I did, the author had "Tinder for Startups" or something like that. Thought it was a good idea, because he suggested to forecast potential earnings.

Progress: emailed a company in China about a main part for a physical product.

One of my other main one is promoting a print-on-demand image. I've placed the art on redbubble, AM, and threadless. I have links on my website.

I like the idea of
...made a first sale right? So why not take that and run with it. You'll need to market the designs , that means ads (facebook , google etc). You'll need them available , go find out where you can place the designs (red bubble , merch by amazon etc). Go!

Now, to better market and promote it, that I don't know a lot about. Where are some good places to start?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.