The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

David Archuleta is going to win American Idol

Midrange

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Feb 25, 2008
Forest Hills, NY
It seems like it....unless something crazy happens or he loses in a true popularity contest, haha.

I'm not the very best judge of musical talent and what not, but it just seems pretty obvious to many people just how good this 17 year old kid is. The voice, the energy...impressive.

With 19 contests left to go he's clearly the favorite....the 18-0 Patriots....but will he go 19-0 or 18-1?

;)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

lightning

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
35%
Aug 24, 2007
Northern, NJ
Found this older thread while browsing a few pages back and figured it might be neat to see how things have changed in the last 2 months. Although not AT ALL fastlane and a pretty big time waster (ill admit i could be spending my time more wisely those nights!!! lol), I started watching AI the first few weeks thanks to my GF, and Ill admit I surprisingly got hooked this season so I have caught quite a few weeks since. Heres my prediction;

I originally agreed 100% with you about Archuleta winning, as he was the CLEAR popular vote from the get-go (being just a nice, classy well-mannered kid while having an amazing voice). Now my prediction goes like this: David Archuleta and David Cook in the Final two, David Cook is going to win.

Although I think Archuleta is as talented (or even better) then Cook from merely a singing perspective, he lacks the comfort of a seasoned performer onstage, and thats an area where David Cook has impressed many. As they are both great singers, I think they will be BOTH be huge successes in the future though matter who wins, as both will cut record deals and be a hit. However Cook seems to have pulled solidly ahead in the voting, due to his image onstage (which extends far past his inexperience), and he has brought a legion of fans with him. :)

Anyone else watching the show? Whats everyone else think? (waits for the flaming...LOL).

Woody

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
May 5, 2008
Murray, UT
I actually live about 300 yards away from his house. I've grown up with him and he goes to the same school, church as me. I really hope he wins, he surly deserves it!

Merkin Man

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Jul 25, 2007
Williamsville, NY
I'm sorry, folks, but I don't get the Archuleta frenzy AT ALL!

I think the only thing he has going for him is he is young. He has little talent in my opinion. I don't mean to start an argument over this, but if I were choosing the people getting voted off, Archuleta would have been gone at least 5 weeks ago.

Other than Michael Johns (who I was never a real fan of) the only true "singer" and performer on the show was and is David Cook. He vocally dominates Archuleta and the rest of the cast. He is to this day the only performer on the show that I would ever consider buying a record from. In fact, I would rate Cook as maybe one of the best-ever contestants on American Idol.

I really don't quite understand the Archuleta stardom. Maybe I'm alone here. He's just a good looking kid who can hit "most" of the notes he tries to sing. Where is the originality? The showmanship? He has none of it...

lightning

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
35%
Aug 24, 2007
Northern, NJ
Looks like I called this one perfectly! :eusa_clap: This was the first season in a long time I ever watched pretty regularly. Two talented performers, both are going to do fine!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Z5 FILMS

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Aug 13, 2007
The Woodlands, TX
Archuleta got totally spanked by 12 million votes. OUCH. He also got spanked on Star Search. Always the bridesmade never the bride. LOL.

I never cared for him and his idiot dad anyways. Good riddance. Cook is much better is all ways.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.