The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

INTRO Dave, photographer in the Slowlane

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

DaveT

New Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Dec 20, 2018
Italy
Hi everybody, I’m Dave photographer from Italy. I’ve just purchased “The Millionaire Fastlane” only 2 days ago and today I’m right in the middle of it. Reading it is a hard slap in the face…but positive. So much I couldn’t wait to join the forum.

After 20 years as a professional photographer (fashion and adv) I had a big down with 2008 crisis (here in Italy it’s not totally over yet…), so I reinvented my job and decided to concentrate on product photography for e-commerce. I love my job, but this is probably the main reason why I’m on the Slowlane I really hope that reading the entire book and join this community will help me get to the Fastlane.

Thank you in advance for your help! ;-)

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

ZF Lee

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Welcome! Great to have you here.
so I reinvented my job and decided to concentrate on product photography for e-commerce.
A much needed field indeed!

Thomas Baptiste

Guide Yourself!
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
Jun 8, 2018
Commonwealth of Dominica
Welcome to the forum Dave. Have you considered stock photography and selling photographs on royalty basis? That's a huge industry for graphic designers man. I worked in photo manipulation and touch ups and high quality photographs were a must! Whether it was landscapes or portraits, renders etc, I was willing to pay for access to quality photographs and I know other designers who did.

Either way I wish you success.

OP
OP
DaveT

DaveT

New Contributor
Dec 20, 2018
Italy
Welcome to the forum Dave. Have you considered stock photography and selling photographs on royalty basis? That's a huge industry for graphic designers man. I worked in photo manipulation and touch ups and high quality photographs were a must! Whether it was landscapes or portraits, renders etc, I was willing to pay for access to quality photographs and I know other designers who did.

Either way I wish you success.
Hi Thomas, thank you!
Somehow I had never been interested in stock photography, mainly because it looks like there's a lot of competiton. However, I must admit I'm very ignorant in this field...do you really think it would be worth get into it?
Again thanks!

Thomas Baptiste

Guide Yourself!
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
Jun 8, 2018
Commonwealth of Dominica
Hi Thomas, thank you!
Somehow I had never been interested in stock photography, mainly because it looks like there's a lot of competiton. However, I must admit I'm very ignorant in this field...do you really think it would be worth get into it?
Again thanks!
If you understand the market and what designers want, the effort you put in will surely be worth it. Never underestimate the power you have as a photographer. The same image taken at a different angle could mean the difference between a designer using it or not using it. I usually pay for images with a lot of contrast and can be easily altered/rendered. Also a growing niche is that of textures. Taking a photo of a leaf , a water droplet or the sky could be made into tileable backgrounds and applied to a while variety of products.

Photographers are the heros we need in Graphic Design. They could make the jobs much much easier with the right photos. Just learn what the popular style of 'right' photos is.

OP
OP
DaveT

DaveT

New Contributor
Dec 20, 2018
Italy
If you understand the market and what designers want, the effort you put in will surely be worth it. Never underestimate the power you have as a photographer. The same image taken at a different angle could mean the difference between a designer using it or not using it. I usually pay for images with a lot of contrast and can be easily altered/rendered. Also a growing niche is that of textures. Taking a photo of a leaf , a water droplet or the sky could be made into tileable backgrounds and applied to a while variety of products.

Photographers are the heros we need in Graphic Design. They could make the jobs much much easier with the right photos. Just learn what the popular style of 'right' photos is.
Man...you surely know how to motivate people! I will, definitively give a deep look into it...
I will google some related terms, but please: do you know of any articles about the field (worth reading)? However, your words are already pure gold to me. Thank you!

Evil_Jester

Bronze Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
May 25, 2015
Dallas, TX
What do you think of the Canon SL2 as a beginner DSLR? I might get one when I get back from holiday break.

OP
OP
DaveT

DaveT

New Contributor
Dec 20, 2018
Italy
What do you think of the Canon SL2 as a beginner DSLR? I might get one when I get back from holiday break.
Hi Evil, I use Canon from my day 1 into photography. To be honest with you I have never had SL2 in my hands, however with Canon you really can't go wrong. Years ago I used a 10D for job, definitively not a pro camera, and I photographed everything from models to metals...and got paid every time ;-)

Thomas Baptiste

Guide Yourself!
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
Jun 8, 2018
Commonwealth of Dominica
Man...you surely know how to motivate people! I will, definitively give a deep look into it...
I will google some related terms, but please: do you know of any articles about the field (worth reading)? However, your words are already pure gold to me. Thank you!
No, unfortunately. Everything I've learnt is through experience, and observation. On another note, I am a novice photographer as well (like a real novice, just as a hobby). I shoot with a Nikon d3400 and get some good quality pics.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Just bought 5 of your Upwork courses. Thanks for making valuable content Lex!
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
I've just concluded my program with Kyle. The incubator gave me what I wanted. Now, working on a...
MARKETPLACE Fox's Web Design Guide: Earn $100K this year (Yes, 2020!) and Go Fastlane
Thanks for the detailed response. I see it similar, in the beginning, you have only a small...
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
Thanks for your offer to look at my book. Here's the link to the squeeze page Buy The Prosperous...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
The day I can afford to pay 800 a month to have someone keep me accountable is the day I've won...

Forum Sponsor

sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom