The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Dating.....Fastlane style!!

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Instead of emailing 200 different random types of women hoping for a response, why not just figure out the type you are interested in.

Chill around those areas and just put yourself in situations where you end up interacting.

It is okay to be a man and approach random women, they'll probably appreciate the masculine energy if you emit it. What's the worst that could happen, she says "No."?

Exchange under 5 mins of communication, get the email or number, and get out of there.

So, if you like the intellectual type of woman, go to the Library. If you like women that play tennis, go to the Sports Authority. If you like the kind that want to be rich, go to the Fastlane Forums.

Just go out and meet women. I bet if you go out and create sessions out of this in like 3-4 hour blocks, do it 7 days straight, and you'll have more women than you can think of to call.

Make it a hobby or maybe a lifestyle. How about make a goal to befriend 3 women on a long-term basis. I bet you find they will just bring more women into your environment. It's like the Master-Mind formula from Napoleon Hill.

Some real problems w/this approach (but hey, it's what worked for the past few thousand years, so it's not all bad):

Aside from your fastlane forums comment, every other recommendation is limited to people who are in your vicinity.

And to people whom you see w/your eyes (assuming you are not blind)-- so you make judgements based on appearance.

These judgements will be great for selecting someone who has similar taste in clothes (or wears things you like). And they'll also be great for finding someone to procreate with-- ie, it is assumed you only approach people whom you find physically attractive.

As I mentioned earlier, this is a GREAT approach for making babies, since it's based on physical attraction.

But for me, it was a very, very frustrating way to choose a life partner.

Thing is, I always went out w/women I thought were hot (very physically attractive). Model types, or very athletic.

And while some of them were really nice people (some were not), I never found anyone who could hold my interest for long.

So after 25 years of having fun, I realized:

Looks ≠ Long term interest

(at least for me).

Like some anal retentive OCDs, I had made mental lists of what my "perfect soulmate" would be:

-sexy
-into the outdoors
-head for numbers ('cause I do, and love that in a friend)
-workaholic (again, b/c *I* love this, and wanted someone around me who enjoyed it, too)

. . . and other things (likes the same music, literature, movies, food, yada yada).

Never even got close.

Went out w/lots of sexy ladies, b/c that was my first criterion: I never got to know anyone first. I always *saw* their bodies before I learned about how their minds worked.

And yes, Lex, I met my share of sexy ladies that I crossed off my list within minutes of meeting them-- but it didn't change the fact that I felt more and more frustrated.

Frustrated at not being able to find a life partner by looks first.

So I thought about that.

How in the heck could I meet someone -- and learn about them-- by NOT looking at them? By NOT having the physical/chemistry thing going on?

Answer: Online. Or in (blech!) the personals ads.

Back then (mid to late 1990s), my impression was that personals-- both in papers and online--were pretty much for losers. People who had some fatal flaw that made them un-dateable.

That's actually true for a significant percentage of folks that do this (found this out the hard way): Lots of gals I dated this way were damaged goods. Had major baggage from all the guys that had f*cked them up earlier (beating them, verbally abusing them, or just being total sh*ts).

Kinda blew my mind, actually. Had no idea there were so many guys that did this kind of crap.

On the other side of the coin, tho', I was just hearing one side of the story. So chances were good at least of few of these ladies just had major unresolved issues-- things they needed to work out, but weren't. So they were angry, or afraid, or just messed up.

My solution was (at the time) pretty radical: Get to know people online, write to them A LOT before meeting them, ask them LOTS of very personal questions (in a nice way), and, if things progressed, meet them and see what happened.

(yes, very much like the OP, topherea, suggests!) :)

Since everything was written (and there are few/no taboos for writing to more than one person at once), I often was corresponding with up to half a dozen ladies at the same time. Within a few weeks (and 40,000 words-- no lie-- back and forth between us), I had learned more about each person than I would have in 2 years of dating.

For some reason, once someone feels secure w/you online, they're willing to share things-- pretty private things--- that they'd NEVER do if they met you in person.

This was GOLD for me.

Allowed me to really dig deep and find out LOTS about the people I was interested in.

And while it took a LOT of time writing back and forth, it allowed me to evaluate potential mates MUCH FASTER-- and with more purpose-- than I'd ever done before.

Those of you who know me know the rest.

I've been married for 7+ years to a great lady who found me online (yeah, how ironic is that-- I was the one going out and doing this, and she'd come up w/the same idea!).

We are soul mates. Business partners. Buddies. Bedmates.

And we love doing things together. All kinds of things. :)

In our time together, we've had one little one (who is now 3 going on 4), and have built up about $4 million in wealth (she has an accounting degree).

All this in less than 10 years.

We both share the same mindset.

But she doesn't like the same books, music, or movies I do.

Turns out I was making the wrong list. :)

-Russ H.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
I would like to know how fastlane members date - do you do online dating?

I don't online date... I fastlane date online.

I find an online dating relationship consultant on a freelance site. They friend me on Facebook and choose the best 4 pictures from the thousands I have on my Facebook page. Usually ones with me with other girls/having fun/doing cool things (social proof).

At this point, I hire someone (a copywriter) to create an enticing profile that makes me stand out (purple cow), and entice a response. Now I purchase advertisements on pof.com that have a picture of me on it, and use their advertisement tool to make sure single females between the ages of 23 an 27 in the Phoenix, AZ area see my 'advertisement' (AKA brand building with seeing a picture of me on there).

After that, they my freelancers will search the web through pickup artist forums and find out the top 3 most successful first messages. They will send each of the 3 messages out to 100 girls. The message with the highest response rate will be the message I will use (sales letter).

Once I have the profile setup, the perfect profile (advertisement), and the brand recognition from them seeing my picture in pof advertisements previously... I will hire a software programmer to write a program that will automatically message every girl from pof in the Phoenix, AZ area with a click of a button.

Out of the responses I get, I will have my freelancers banter with the girls through my profile. The ones that show interest will give me (my freelancers) their number, and it will be delivered to me with a copy of their profiles and pictures.

I will then create different profiles with different pictures and test out which messages and profiles have the highest response rate.

Once I have a proven formula in Phoenix, I will expand my market to other cities, and countries.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
it's true

be careful and cut ties quickly out there.
Love is just an emotion after all.
don't confuse it with lust.

blah blah blah

IceCreamKid

With Great Power Comes Great Electricity Bill
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2,184%
Jun 8, 2010
California
Lex are you Brian McKnight in disguise? I swear you look exactly like him.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Haha AndrewNC is actually somewhat right in his exaggerated plan. If more guys approached online dating in a similar way by testing response rate and tweaking their profiles instead of throwing up a photo, writing a generic, boring profile,

Who say's I'm exaggerating ;) lol. Ok, maybe a little. Ever since I studied marketing/sales/etc., my success in online dating went up tenfold.

My profile used to be the whole: 'I am andrew, blah blah blah blah, i like reading blah blah blah, i like hiking, blah blah blah....not much luck.

Now I can easily get a date anytime I log on there:
My main picture is of a taco bell sauce wrapper that is bright orange and says "Marry Me" as one of their stupid quotes.
My secondary picture is of a girl kissing me on the cheek.
My tag line is "The biggest mistake of your life"

My entire profile
"So I learned from experience that people don't really read these profiles. You probably clicked on my profile because its a picture of a Taco Bell wrapper. Then you decide to message me based on if you think I am attractive in my pictures or not.

Fair assessment?

If you're interested, send me a message. I'll take it from there.

-Drew

Oh, and I have a thing for brunettes :)"

...and it's working.

Be bold
Be different
Show them how you can make their lives better
Don't comment on their appearance

FastNAwesome

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
May 23, 2011
I thought I'd find some awesome idea here, the title looked promising:)

But as a future dating coach (yeah, I'm into that:cool:), here's my take:

OFFLINE: This is my favorite. Real thing is the best thing. Chemistry, energy and you can SEE, HEAR and FEEL the person you meet. Every weekend I go out to places of my preference, find girls of my preference and end up at my home. It's simple and beautiful. Right now all my game is 100% offline.

ONLINE: This works too, but it's amazing how many people don't have a clue how to do it correctly. So that's a good thing, because others mess it up so much, you just need to be NORMAL to succeed, and if in addition you got game, that will be a real unfair advantage.

Downsides: Low entry, just about anyone can play at that table (so to say). Both photos and personal traits can and are being faked. You need to waste time on building trust before you meet, just to find out she laughs awkwardly and has posted a photos from 4 years ago.

All the while, I'll be in the club tonight, checking out ladies while they're checking out me, and some romance is gonna happen, as it always does. If it's special we'll keep in touch, if it's not, at least we had fun.

Btw.I still love the title, now I'm thinking, what spin could be added to dating sites to make it really fastlane...any ideas?:)

G

Guest3722A

Okay guys I'm gonna make this really quick...

Slowlane dating = meet someone at work, in a bar or other place of business, or, through a friend

Fastlane dating = going to a worldwide free dating site like plentyoffish.com and putting a profile up, w/ photo, and then setting you parameters of what type of person you're interested in, along with how far away these people live from you, and as soon as you get a list, start shooting off 20-30 private messages a night for a week or two strait. As in sales, it's all a numbers game because out of the couple hundred messages you send out, I guarantee you'll get quite a few responses, and from those responses, I guarantee you'll get a few phone convo's, and from those few phone convo's, you'll get a few dates. After doing this for a while you most likely will have times with a different date a night and sometimes two or three, and eventually you may find someone you're really interested in, as I have, but if anything, I guarantee your confidence and self-esteem will be catapulted! :smxG::smxG: :smxG::smxF:

Apr 27, 2010
Instead of emailing 200 different random types of women hoping for a response, why not just figure out the type you are interested in.

Chill around those areas and just put yourself in situations where you end up interacting.

It is okay to be a man and approach random women, they'll probably appreciate the masculine energy if you emit it. What's the worst that could happen, she says "No."?

Exchange under 5 mins of communication, get the email or number, and get out of there.

So, if you like the intellectual type of woman, go to the Library. If you like women that play tennis, go to the Sports Authority. If you like the kind that want to be rich, go to the Fastlane Forums.

Just go out and meet women. I bet if you go out and create sessions out of this in like 3-4 hour blocks, do it 7 days straight, and you'll have more women than you can think of to call.

Make it a hobby or maybe a lifestyle. How about make a goal to befriend 3 women on a long-term basis. I bet you find they will just bring more women into your environment. It's like the Master-Mind formula from Napoleon Hill.

Apr 27, 2010
I saw your points Russ, I don't like to type out long messages to be honest. Ultimately, I'd say go after what ever makes you happy. I am very happy for you!

yveskleinsky

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Jul 26, 2007
Great points, Yves.

I would hasten to add that in person, if you're a good looking guy, you have some real advantages when approaching someone. Like it or not, it is what it is.

Being mindful of this when going out is important-- Lex, I'm sure if you approached some ladies smelling of last week's unwashed laundry, w/unkempt hair and bad breath, you wouldn't find them nearly as interested in talking to you. Am I right?

Online stuff takes it another step-- you can be at home, in your jammies, funky hair, no make up or nice smelling cologne, and can still be enticing/engaging to someone.

That has some real advantages.

Because after a few years together, this is the person they're gonna see anyway. :)

-Russ H.

PS Nice to see ya 'round these parts, Yves! :tiphat:

...If I ever internet date again, I've decided that I am going to post a picture of me first thing in the morning with me in my PJs and no makeup. Mainly because everyone always has their best photo and then when you meet them in person there's always that certain level of disappointment. I figure if I give a terrible pic, then meeting in person shouldn't be such a let down!

Red

Nigerian Lottery Prince
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Feb 23, 2010
Phoenix
Squirrel pictures aside :) I'm another one of those online dating casualties -after meeting several men on several occasions (over the course of several years), I've learned that I'm just not wired that way.

I have to meet someone organically -as in, real life. Get to know them, be it through work, sports I play, etc, etc, whatever. I can't just meet someone, sit down, have a glass of wine and go "hey, I think I might like you on a romantic level, but I don't know yet, want to get to know each other more?" *shudder*

I've learned to listen to my gut and when it's not there, it's not there -don't try and make it be. Just own up, tell him you're not feeling it on that level and move on.

I'm by no means an expert (ha, never married and no kids at 32? that qualifies me as a bona fide anomaly), so I wouldn't suggest taking my advice, but I have learned that loneliness may suck, but it won't kill you. And don't settle, you owe it to yourself to hold out for what you want.

Bobo

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Mar 25, 2008
LOL....

For all the doubters. I first knew Jill as 'Jill109' on Matchmaker... 13 years ago.

To Yves' point it is better to NOT have a 'personals' section on a forum, if people meet there great but lol, Jill and I left a lot of folks on Matchmaker once we 'retired' and had no reason to go back.

For Jill it was her usual laziness/brilliance in short circuiting the process. She had a list of criteria and sifted through everyone on the site who met 90% of the list items.

Then I came along and oddly, she read my profile and saw that even though I only hit like 30% of her checkboxes it was my serious demeanor that really intrigued her, she was just sure she could help me come out of my shell and learn not to take everything so seriously (cough).

Anyhow... withing about a month we quit MM and the rest is history.

For me it was simple: I had a baby at home, did not have time for bars and/or bullshit and had a lot more time at the computer than I had to go out so it was an efficiency thing. Jill's essay questions told me she was smart and ironic, picture was a bad one of her (mistakenly thought she was an 8).. so I pick her up for our first date and she opens the door and I shit thee not - I fell off her porch.

Told her I knew she was funny and smart but had no idea she was such a babe. (That worked, wasn't planned though).

I recommend it. Better to read about someone and get to know their brain sans hormonal interaction for a bit. At least then you improve your odds of finding a compatible partner

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Agree, definitely a numbers game, or at the very least, a very fun diversion. The founder of POF is a great entrepreneur story as well.

theBiz

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Jul 9, 2009
NY
Everyone here will agree im sure, the reason we are all here in the first place is we have one thing in common. We all want more options. Money brings more options.

mtnman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Oct 3, 2007
Actually there is an autobahn lane here, a super fastlane if you will.

I believe kenric, grenade chaser, and I were discussing this at B&P... develop dating site, markov your profile, dynamically match to each new member that fits your criteria, and send over as a "Top Match" immediately upon sign up.

Wam bam thank you mam that'll be 4mm please...

ps- when you get bored of rakin in the dough, and women, you can sell these "slots" lol... bye bye millionaire match maker!!!

G

Guest3722A

Actually there is an autobahn lane here, a super fastlane if you will.

I believe kenric, grenade chaser, and I were discussing this at B&P... develop dating site, markov your profile, dynamically match to each new member that fits your criteria, and send over as a "Top Match" immediately upon sign up.

Wam bam thank you mam that'll be 4mm please...

ps- when you get bored of rakin in the dough, and women, you can sell these "slots" lol... bye bye millionaire match maker!!!

How about a site for the special needs? Call it "Specialneedswithspecialneeds.com? Sorry that was bad...

Rem

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Sep 14, 2009
Maine
If it's female and walks then I'm game. haha

In all seriousness I dated this girl in college who was completely dependent on me for everything. I thought I would like that. I paid for everything, ordered her food at restaurants, held doors for her and even had to pump her gas.

Then one day I just got sick of it. I was tired of waiting on her and doing everything. I realized she was completely useless besides the good sex.

After we broke up I met some women but a lot seemed to be the same. Then I met my wife. When I first met her she had a power tool in her hand. I was instantly in love. She and I started dating and then she changed the alternator in my jeep as a surprise gift. I knew right then and there I was marrying her.

She and I will race to a door. I race so I can get there to open it for her and she races so I don't have to open it for her. The more independent women are the better. She buys her own crap and I buy my own. She gets her own car fixed when it needs something and I get my own car fixed.

I think it's quality of quantity. The more you date the better odds you will find someone of quality but be careful not to swim in the same swimming pool of all gold fish or all one type of fish. You need to swim in different swimming pools. If you are swimming in a pool of 200 guppies there is no variety.

G

Guest3722A

Lex, first off, what's been up man -I hope things have been going good!:cheers: Hey check this out... if you have the time and energy and aren't seeing someone at the moment, I invite you and anyone else to conduct a simple and truly fun experiment and follow exactly what I typed above. The only catch is, instead of putting the game on, be completely honest with the people who respond. Tell it like it is. Be yourself and show who you really are. Nothing to lose. I say this because in my experience with meeting women around town that appeared to be interesting and had a mutual attraction to me, it got old fast because it was all about game, and not truth. I eventually grew past that way of dating and opened my mind and tried something different. I adapted. Not saying that I didn't start with alot of game with the internet dating, but after a while of craziness and endless variety I realized that when I finally put on my profile that I was sick of booty calls and that I was looking for something honest and long-term, I started meeting "real" people with goals, responsibility, and ambitions, other than gaming. And a little fyi, fwiw, I was the guy who could go into even a strip club and get free!! dances and many times after their shift I... uh well... tmi? My point being I'm ugly enough that strippers want to dance for me for free!:rofl:

Luke12321

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
I have just used some of these free sites.

My experience, it is very effective. Shoot a few messages, exchange phone, meet up. You can be picky...I did this at first. Only go after "10's" which is cool...it was fun. Most of them was younger than I, so we only had so much in common. (sex drive and well, that was it)

I also have dated women older than me and that was an experience in itself too (to say the very least) lol. Easier to talk to but honestly...I could never bring some chick 10 years old than I home to my parents! I am 24...it would just be too big of shock. I agree with Russ, it is really amazing how much crap women who are on dating services have usually went through. Maybe all have been....but if you are online then you feel more comfortable being open?

I just got out of a relationship with a girl my age (who I didn't meet online) and it was what Rem was speaking off. Did everything for her but her outlook on life didn't match mine, which is something I am finding a hard time with right now. Maybe it is a sign of the times or something but all chicks I meet seem pretty content with being in debt up to the eye balls and grinding it out 40 hours a week. :shruggie:

Apr 27, 2010
Russ... Top. Glad to hear that these cyber tools are working for you guys. I didn't know you could be so successful with Online Dating. I'm going to have to check that out.

I have no Girl Friends or Wife I met Online through Craig's List or Plenty Of Fish. So, here is a little pf my offline game:

52927005.gif

82800594.jpg

14598314.jpg

21979225.jpg

Icy

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Feb 16, 2009
Kind of off topic but still ties in a bit with what Russ was talking about.

It's amazing that when you remove appearance and what not out of the equation for a first impression you truly learn about people.

Honestly, my 2 closest friends I first talked to online for a while before meeting them in person (went to same school but some how never saw each other...). Online you talk to the person because you enjoy it, and not because of the feeling you "have to" that happens that you've acted more like friends than acquaintances to in person.

One of them moved away at the beginning of high school and meeting 4 years later there almost wasn't a pause in the conversation. On the contrary I've had friends where even not seeing each other for a few months can leave an awkward silence.

Talking online allows a much more care-free openness that I don't even come close to in person. Because of this you can get a true understand of the person you're talking to and not the "normal" personality we try to put on out in person.

The openness is in the posts also. I would probably not talk about this sort of thing in person just because it's still kind of a thing looked down on. I remember talking to a real life friend about some experience or something from a friend from the Netherlands. Once I brought up I've never met him in person the conversation took an awkward turn (can't really express what I mean in words..). Even though I met the guy in an online game I'd frankly trust him more than many people I know in person.

So the ability to just tune out without consequence other people without a personality the "clicks" allows you to be open and get a true understanding of people online.

A

Anon3587x

It seems some of my truest friends were met playing online video games.
Maybe this has something to do with the fact we can type faster then we can talk, and the privacy of the internet gives you a "security blanket"

Jim Morrison of The Doors once said he would be to shy to say his lyrics the way he does if he did not have his band behind him making noise.
Giving him a "Security Blanket"

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Russ... Top. Glad to hear that these cyber tools are working for you guys. I didn't know you could be so successful with Online Dating. I'm going to have to check that out.

I have no Girl Friends or Wife I met Online through Craig's List or Plenty Of Fish. So, here is a little pf my offline game:

Lex-

Yer provin' my point, man.

I got rid of the photos and vids when I started looking for a life partner, but I went out w/some very nice eye candy in my day.

Smart, too.

All you posted was what these ladies look like.

What did you tell us about them?

Nothing.

Posting it this way makes it look like your FIRST CRITERION is APPEARANCE.

In fact, since you didn't say anything about these ladies at all, I wonder if looks are more than just a first measure for you? If so, why didn't you tell us anything about these women?

Imagine if you posted the same pic and said something like:

lexingtonjames said:

I have no Girl Friends or Wife I met Online through Craig's List or Plenty Of Fish. But here's a bit about a few people who I hang out with these days:

These are the ladies in my mastermind group:

52927005.gif

First on the left is Gloria. She's a software engineer at Microsoft (actually has a few patents). Works from home. She moonlights on the side building directory sites and generating lists she sells to other email marketers. The $$$ she gets at her MS job (low six figures) she puts into VC stuff-- financing start-ups and getting stock options. One of her ventures is set to go IPO later this year. If it does as expected, she'll be able to cash out next year, if she wants, even w/the higher capital gains penalties.

Next lady in is Jennifer (to my right). She owns a small accounting firm (5 CPAs & 4 others). She has an MBA but her BS is in accounting. She's working on a franchise model for working with small business owners who want to grow their businesses 10-20% per year for 10 years, training their staffs to eventually buy them out. It's an interesting model, and she's got some very clever twists to this approach.

Then there's me. :)

To my left (far right in the photo) is Mary. She's pretty much retired. Started her first online business when she was 14. Sold a different online biz for $500K before she left for college. So why did she go to Yale? She did it for the networking. Can you believe it? Funded the whole thing from her paper assets, and built a few more online businesses while in college. She now sits on the BOD for a few non-profits and one Fortune 500 company. And yes, all of these positions came through fellow Yalies!

Mentoring is her passion, though. She's currently doing a lot of third world micro loans-- she's one of the feeders for Kiva. Her big thing is she doesn't loan the money unless she can get feedback and give input. She has a whole 501c3 dedicated to this.

So these are the people I hang with in our mastermind. Each one of us brings something different to the party. And we all benefit from the synergy.

See my point?

These ladies in your photo may-- or may not be-- what I've described. But by not saying anything about them, you leave us to conclude that they are beautiful ladies, and that you hang w/them for their looks (since that's pretty much all you have shown us about them).

-Russ H.

Apr 27, 2010
Russ... why do you assume it is only for appearance brother? This is just some of the game I've achieved from the Offline World.

I don't think about it to much, and I'm not trying to make a science experiment out of it. Let alone complicate it.

Women are already sophisticated enough, I am sure we can all agree! If I complicate it she will just complicate it even more. Just be a man and talk to them like they're women.

Women are smarter than us anyway and will know if we're only hanging around them for a piece of a$$. Trust me, they pick up on that stuff right away!

I am 100% happy for you guys who were successful with the online world. Sounds like we all have a similar state of mind. Just go with the flow and see where it leads you. I got a few PM's about this already asking if I'm into some kind of philosophy or if I'm a guru.

So, what I'm going to do is give you the story of how I met Cami!

66869033.jpg

Cami is my current girlfriend, I guess. Well, we had similar interests in business and we hit it off right away. I haven't made it official and neither has she but we have been seeing each other for about 3-4 months.

I met her on the train, we instantly hit it off. My train ride was only 2 hours but it was enough to realize she was a talented Entrepreneuress. All that happened on the train ride was we talked about business and life.

At my stop, I was in a hurry to get to my appointment so I kissed her good bye and slipped her my cell # on the back of a Fortune Cookie Horoscope

We didn't talk for a few weeks and I forgot I slipped her my number, she called me after 2 weeks wondering why I had forgotten about her. I said, I didn't... I just wasn't looking for a girl friend or anything right now. Plus, I'm seriously booked for time as it is.

She quickly told me she wasn't looking for a boy friend and wanted to talk business with me. That's what we did and where I left it. We went out a few times and talked about this product and that product, her life and mine, where we were going. Some ideas she had really blew my mind.

After we saw each other a few times and got to know each other for hours and hours is when I guess she finally gave in and said she wanted to stay the night. Pretty sure we hung out about 5 times before anything happened.

Now, we end up just talking and staring into each others eyes for hours. I let her make the moves and decide where she wants to take this. I guess 2 step forward and 1 step back is a good way of looking at it.

Also guys, I have noticed that if you can just chill with a woman one on one like that. They'll more than likely just love your company anyway.

Point is, she made her way to me. I didn't force her into a relationship and she said she respected that. Sure, she is gorgeous but underneath the hood is a brilliant mind.

G

Guest3722A

Lex, in noticing the Ampeg and the pa speaker in the background, would it be safe to assume that you're a musician? I ask because all along you kinda reminded me of the vocalist type! I say this and it's funny because many times musician personalities can be identified through the instruments they play. I myself am a drummer and most drummers I know are either out there in left field, like me, or very meticulous and precise. Vocalists many times have a certain primadonna/carefree demeanor, and don't believe that it is their responsibility to move the pa system to the shows, because they don't own it in the first place, or they drink too much! lol Bassists for the most part are the cool ones of the band who can get along with anyone and guitarists are the engineer type who like to tinker.

To get back on topic, you guys look very happy, and your story sincerely is nice man. I don't know you but I'm happy for you. My question though is what if someone works all day trying to build their life and business and have limited time to get out there, and would benefit from a proven system that gets tons of variety to choose from, in the likes of a different 'meeting' every night in person or in "the computer world" which will enable them to filter through hundreds of people, and narrow down their results.

The phone number on the back of a fortune is very romantic, but has a tinge of game to it because you know as well as I know that women love romantic gestures like a number on a fortune, and the shock value will make them remember you. And I still don't see how meeting someone 'by chance' on a train is a fast and effective way for a busy entrepreneur to filter through hundreds of women in a two week period with meaningful and truthful conversations, to narrow down selection.

On top of this, there are people out there who have no game whatsoever but are great people and deserve to be happy, and deserve to have a quality woman in their lives to prove their great achievements to. (also Napoleon Hill:smxB:). Some of these great people are lonely and depressed and really could use someone to love them in their lives, but don't know how or where.

To me this conversation is getting old because you haven't proven to me that your style is fastlane, but we can at least both agree to disagree :cheers:.

But to conclude here, check out this inspiring statistic that for millions is a reality:

QUOTE (from plentyoffish.com)

At least 14 million plentyoffish users know at least 1 couple that got married as a result of plentyoffish.

-cheers

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Russ... why do you assume it is only for appearance brother? This is just some of the game I've achieved from the Offline World.

I don't think about it to much, and I'm not trying to make a science experiment out of it. Let alone complicate it.

Women are already sophisticated enough, I am sure we can all agree! If I complicate it she will just complicate it even more. Just be a man and talk to them like they're women.

Women are smarter than us anyway and will know if we're only hanging around them for a piece of a$$. Trust me, they pick up on that stuff right away!

I am 100% happy for you guys who were successful with the online world. Sounds like we all have a similar state of mind. Just go with the flow and see where it leads you. I got a few PM's about this already asking if I'm into some kind of philosophy or if I'm a guru.

Also guys, I have noticed that if you can just chill with a woman one on one like that. They'll more than likely just love your company anyway.

Point is, she made her way to me. I didn't force her into a relationship and she said she respected that. Sure, she is gorgeous but underneath the hood is a brilliant mind.

Lex-

I failed miserably in getting my point across. Sorry if it sounded like I was dogging you. Totally not my intent.

My point was just that you posted a bunch of pix, but didn't tell us *anything* about these ladies. Which lead me to conclude (based on lack of any other info) that you were hangin' w/these gals b/c of their looks (because you didn't mention anything else-- just showed us pix).

Does that make sense?

I think, too, that you "pushed one of my hot buttons"-- I saw something in these pix that reminded me of myself back in the day-- someone who took great pleasure in being around lovely ladies. I'm not talking about doing the nasty (tho' that was fun, too). I just loved being around and talking w/great looking women. Made me feel good.

Thing was, hanging around beautiful women never got me any closer to finding a life partner.

This was very frustrating to me, as I reasoned that, if I went out/hung out w/enough beautiful ladies, sooner or later I'd meet someone who "fit"-- who was a soul mate.

And while I did meet and hook up w/some really amazing women, I just never felt like I had found "the one".

Know what I mean?

I should also mention that for years (decades?)-- from the time I was in my teens until I was in my mid to late 30s-- I really wasn't interested in marriage or raising kids. Just wasn't my thing (and I couldn't see myself as a dad/husband at all-- not ever).

That may be where you are in your life. Or not. I won't make any assumptions-- everyone is wired differently.

The OP for this thread was looking for a "fastlane soul mate" (I think). Someone who could grow with them, in business and in life. That may -- or may not-- include kids, or even marriage. It was more about finding someone w/a similar mindset.

And in that regard, I can say going online (esp to the "not free" sites) was a good use of my time. It was a game-changer for me. Stopped me from looking for eye candy (hey, I still love looking at a beautiful woman)-- and it made me focus on other things: Character, integrity, long term stability-- waaaaay different stuff than I'd ever really looked at before. And not the kind of stuff you usually talk about on a first date! ;)

No question I "met" my share of gals that did not fit-- either me to them, or vice versa. But we "met" online, via emails, and I could live my life (self employed), working my crazy hours/traveling all over the place, and *still* "meet" dozens of potentially good partners (all via email).

This approach took WAY less time (days instead of weeks or months) for each person. And the "break ups" were amicable-- since we'd never met, there was very little heartache involved for either of us.

When things went well, and the emailing got really serious (covering all kinds of sensitive issues, and thoughts/plans for the future), then we'd decide to meet.

In many ways, it was like doing the dating process backwards: Instead of seeing someone and feeling the chemistry (or not), THEN getting to know what they were really like (deep down) over a period of months/years, instead, it went more like: Make polite email introductions, ask them if they were OK w/my approach, then spend a week or two doing some intense emails (lots of writing, but pretty exciting, actually). THEN, if we were still "clicking", we'd set up a meet. And see how it went from there.

I did that process for several years-- emailing dozens of ladies, asking (and sharing) lots of "hard questions", and seeing if we had synergy. I had 2 really serious relationships from it before I met my wife. And it really was all good-- even when things didn't work out, we knew so much about each other that we parted ways on good terms.

Maybe I should post a thread on what I did. I've also gotten my share of PMs re this. It took me a while to refine the process, but I have to say, the results were great: I found a life partner.

But everyone is different-- I'm not here to tell folks what to do. Just share what works for me.

So to conclude, Lex, I wasn't trying to say you were shallow, or a player (well, maybe a bit, since you refer to it as "the game". ;) ). I was trying to call your attention to the fact that your first examples of who you hung out with included nothing about who they were as people-- and that's what made me think that, for you, it was all about looks/appearances.

BTW, you cleared that up when you posted about Cami. Thank you for that. :)

-Russ H.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

<hijack>

I gotta start hanging out with Lex, not only beautiful women, but women that are my type!! And success stories!! :heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat: Sorry Russ for the temporary hijack!! [And I get your point Russ but I'm a sucker for the brunettes =) ]

</hijack>

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
<hijack>

I gotta start hanging out with Lex, not only beautiful women, but women that are my type!! :heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat: Sorry Russ for the temporary hijack!!

</hijack>

MJ-

Are you referring to the first ladies Lex posted pix about, or Cami?

-Russ H.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
MJ-

Whups-- got my quesiton answered-- when I first read your post, the photo didn't load.

So you're talking about women who you know nothing about, but find physically attractive.

Fascinating.

-Russ H.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007