The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Dan pena

thefreedomoption

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
172%
Feb 5, 2020
I've been following Dan Pena for a while and have learned a lot from him . I like his Ruthless, no filter approach to things. His book takes you through the process of going from nothing to rolling up big companies . His whole Qla methodology is nothing new. It's what andrew carnegie did back in the day. He purchases and rolls up companies in a fragmented industry using seller financing and bank loans. He preaches to create a solid Dream team of industry experts lawyers, accounts etc. His criteria for a good deal is pretty simple 1. motivated seller 2. free cashflow covers debt services .

He get's a lot of hate but the system does work in theory. Although I don't know much about the M&A industry, their is a lot you can take away from him. He also mentored the man that put together the biggest deal in history. "neom city of the future". I believe it's now a 1trillion + deal where they are building a futuristic city in saudi arabia. Dr. klaus klienfield is his name.

Dan charges 20k for his seminar at his castle in Scotland. Now the question is if it's worth the 20grand? For myself at my current stage it definitely is not worth it. But I can see how people doing 8-9-10 figure deals justify paying 20k to spend a week with him plus a year long mentorship.

Last edited:

Odysseus M Jones

[B...{r<°∆°>}--O--{<°∆°>k}...E]
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Feb 2, 2020
Going to read his book then will let you know.
"The first 100 million"
Cant guess from the videos
Do a forum search, if he's popular maybe someone already posted a thread.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
D

Deleted82046

Recently watched some of his YouTube videos.
Any thoughts on this guy?
I found this thread

Knuffix

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Jul 25, 2014
If you are interested in M&A / dealmaking, I'd suggest you look up Jeremy Harbour (Harbour Club).

Pena's system is pretty much a one-size fits all method from the 80's - - Leveraged Buyout (LBO) -- that he translated from doing huge 8-9 figure deals down to 6-7 figure deals, where it turns out that all those steps he tells you to take are pretty much overkill.

Also, lots of people who have done deals in the last 1-2 years based on borrowing lots of money from banks are pretty much belly up today and have to sell back for pennies.

If you are interested in dealmaking, I'd also suggest you get the book "Mediocrity to Millions" by Jay Abraham - just googling the title should give you a free pdf of that book.

Lucky Lu

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Nov 2, 2019
Newport Beach, California
It is funny because DAN PENA translates in Spanish as "shame on them", so every time I scroll down I get that from the title. Had to check it out!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

serge94

Running a B2C SaaS
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Apr 20, 2020
Europe
Anyone that's selling seminars is a huge no-no in my opinion. And he's selling seminars. Maybe just enjoy his free content for entertainment purposes?

DST

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Nov 19, 2013
Norway
The methodology is great.

"Fastlane-way": Creating something new and make a cash flow out of that

"Dan Pena-way": Find an existing cash flow and buy it

There are pros and cons to each, and lots of trial and error on both of them. But generally they say buying an exisiting cash flow is easier than creating one out of thin air. The owner gets his big lump of cash and can retire, move on to next thing or whatever, and you own the company.

I just wish he stuck to the technicalities instead of going on on his insufferable boomer-rants

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.